main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW AOTC SPOILERS - Can we post them here? (Board-wide policy located within)

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Ki-Bara-Mundi, May 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    After the movie is released to the general public, that is. Are we allowed to post AOTC spoilers on FanForce NSW? Do we have to write "AOTC SPOILERS" in a topic title if it contains that sort of stuff?

I'd say the safest thing to do is to let people know that there are spoilers in your thread or leave a spoiler warning and a space before you post. Some people might not get a chance to see AOTC as soon as it's released and we wouldn't wanna spoil it for them. And let everyone know if it's AOTC spoilers (cos there's still one more movie to be spoiled ;) ).

Feedback?

2. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Personally, I'd keep them to a Spoiler only thread for the first week of release. Or at least until the weekend is over and people have had the chance to see it if they were working/studying next week.

There's always the Spoiler forum on the JC to go nuts with anyway.

3. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    We could stick to The Official *I've Seen AOTC And I Want To Talk About It* Thread for a week or so I guess. I'll admit I haven't checked it out lately cos some people may have seen something already. ;)

EDIT: I wouldn't like to be around the AOTC spoiler forum after the release. Newbie rush + spoilers = Someone saying stuff about Ep3!

4. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    The speculation of the next movies was the best part of being here 3 years ago. Definetely a fun time to be a Star Wars fan.

5. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    The official policy, which you can see in JC Communications, is that after the 20th, everything is fair game.

So if you haven't seen it by then, cover your eyes. :p

6. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I just noticed that too. Just so long as you don't post spoilers in the Japanese forums and anywhere else that hasn't had it released yet.

7. stinrab

stinrab Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 9, 1998
    Don't the Brits get it later, too?

8. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I just changed my countdown clock to the UK release date, and it didn't change the countdown at all. And I'm sticking with it. The clock isn't going to lie to me.

9. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    All bow to the clock!

10. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Saw the board-wide policy while lurking Communications. Keep this thread boosted for everyone to notice it though. :)

11. Sai-Mera_Saa

Sai-Mera_Saa Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2002
    Ok, so it is fair game after the 20th according to what country?

12. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    Do you mean by which country's time? Cos I'm assuming they'd go by the boards clock.

13. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Acoording to board time. Probably the 21st to most of us.

14. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    *boost*

So people can see it. :)

15. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Just a warning, though...just because it will no longer be a spoiler doesn't mean I will allow multiple AOTC topics. I'm still thinking we should stick to the main discussion thread, with maybe one or two extra for things like cut scenes, and stuff like that that doesn't fit in general movie discussion. If people want something more indepth, there is the AOTC board. :)

16. Keith_Katarn

Keith_Katarn Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    What I wanna know is, if a thread comes up and we wanna comment on something that involves spoilers, can we? Or do we wait.

Obviously nothing ever stays on topic and being SW freaks, it tends to creep into our conversations (eg. Gee, it's raining like we were on <certain possible spoiler from AOTC>). What do we do ? Avoid posting those sort of things until the 20th ??

I do want to know because I loved being spoiler free and seeing it that way.

17. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    You can comment on it, you simply need to do the same spoiler warnings needed before the movie came out. :)

18. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Nov 27, 2000
    And think before you post. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.