main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH AOTC Theatre Location Info

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediLupan, Apr 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediLupan

JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    As of right now Springdale is only getting a digital print and no other National Amusements will have the movie because they have had a fallout with 20th Century Fox. The only other theatres that will have AOTC will be AMC Newport on the Levee and Great Escape in Northern Kentucky. So be prepared for long lines!!!

2. ImperialRecruiter

ImperialRecruiter Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2002
    What kind of fallout could Lucasfilm have had with Fox? I thought that the two were virtually linked at the hip.

Where did you hear about the limited theater locales? I'd like to read about it, if possible. That would totally blow massive bologna chunks if there is that big of a limit on theaters showing AOTC.

3. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    I think that JediLupan was referring to National Amusements having a fallout with FOX and/or Lucasfilms.

4. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    D'oh! I guess I should have re-read that post before posting. So what did happen with that?

5. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up Lupen! I'm going to check my sources, and get give you all the word!

Plus, Springdale Theater is the ONLY digital theater in our area. The only other theater is in Cleveland.

Lotus!

6. JediLupan

JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    National Amusements was not playing fox's movie for the required length of time or deciding not to play them at all. So Fox Studios basicly said that they would not release any more movies to National Amusements and AOTC falls under 20th Century Fox. I just think that fox is pissed at national amusements and this is their way at getting back at them!!

7. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    Is that to say that National Amusements was shortening the film itself, or not keeping the movies in the theater as long as they were supposed to?

If it's because a film didn't stay in theaters long enough, the big question I'd have is...

Did the film just really stink that bad?

I wouldn't want to keep a non-money making film on the screen if something better was available. That's just business sense.

8. JediLupan

JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    Yes National Amusements have not ran the movies the required amount of time and have also refused to run some of Fox'x movies completly.

9. DarkKnightVauhn

DarkKnightVauhn Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 21, 2002
    I've heard much the same thing, but I heard they may not even get that. Though I haven't seen anything real Evidence of it.

~Vauhn

10. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Welcome Dark Jedi..:)

Just keep us posted more and more Lupen, and just drop me a few lines. I'm just over in Eastgate, so if you can make a inpromptu meeting we might have, more like get togethers you and any one else is welcome.

11. JediLupan

JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    I should know by mid week the release date for ticket sales and will keep everyone posted!!

12. LovelyLotus

Feb 26, 2002
    Sounds Great!

13. jedi_luc

jedi_luc Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 17, 2000
    ~salivates like a rancor over early ticket sale info~

14. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    If National Amusements doesn't get the movies, then why do their name appears on the cereal boxes (list of theatres where movie cash can be used)?

~!YUB NUB!~

15. ImperialRecruiter

Mar 6, 2002
    I was wondering about that myself. That doesn't seem to make a whole lot of sense, unless the boxes were printed way in advance.

16. JediLupan

JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    The cereal boxes were printed in advance. But it looks like Springdale and any other National Amusements' theatre that has a digital projector will still get one print of the movie. Since there are only 19 digital projectors in the U.S. and Lucas was them in those theatres no matter what!

17. JediLupan

JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    I will know exactly what is going down when the presale date is released, which will probably be sometime this week :)

18. JediLupan

JediLupan Jedi Youngling

Apr 19, 2002
    Tickets will either go on sale May 3 or Wednesday May 8. And as of today the date is most likely May 8 because Lucas wants to keep it seperate from Spiderman. It seems like the only National Amusement Theatres getting AOTC will be the ones with DLP and will be given only one or two prints. More to come in the days ahead:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.