main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oceania AotC tickets on sale?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by HawkNC, Apr 16, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Apparently, there are tickets for AotC going on sale right now in selected cinemas. So far, it has been confirmed in Melbourne and Sydney. If you haven't already rung your local cinema up to check, do so NOW! :)

2. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    Yup, got em nice and early :D

3. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    Yup, there is a place here in Canberra that is selling them too.

4. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    *taps shirt pocket*

Yup, got mine nice an snug

5. neostasis

neostasis Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    Tickets are on sale for Sydney through http://www.InSciFi.net

StarWalking are also co-promoting the event so I thought it worth a mention. StarWalking will be handing out flyers at all the ToysRus stores on Monday. :)

Same usual deal..midnight screening but also with give-aways and a guest actor from the movie (and no minor extra either)

Check out the site fr more details

6. Multiverse

Multiverse Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2001
    Hi all,

Everyone is asking what cinema to go to and what session and when are tickets going on sale?

I can tell you that Multiverse in conjunction with Star Walking (FFVic) is having 3 sessions you can book for RIGHT NOW -

1 - We are running the midnight session on the night of May 15th at Hoyts Bourke Street

2 - We are running an opening night group at 6:30pm at Hoyts Bourke street.

3 - We are running an opening night group at 6:30pm at Hoyts Chadstone

THESE TICKETS ARE ON SALE NOW AND SELLING FAST!

There will be fans in costumes and you can waear your own if you have them, showbags, prizes and lots of fun

You can book our tickets RIGHT now by visiting the Multiverse web page at www.multiverse.org.au

I hope you decide to come along. And if you can't and you go and see it at another cinema or at another time, enjoy it.

Derek Screen
    Multiverse science Fiction and Fantasy Group

7. smegtrek2000

smegtrek2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 1, 2000

the midnight sessions in adelaide go on sale from thursday, i will going down as soon as the box office opens!

8. outback_dewback

outback_dewback Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 16, 2002
    Apparently Hoyts @ Fox Studios (which sadly is my local cinema) is beginning AOTC ticket sales tomorrow morning. They told me to call a certain phone number at 9am tomorrow and I could buy tickets over the phone.

Which of course I will do ... :D

WOOHOO!!!!!! Excited here (in case you couldn't tell).

Shouldn't be too hard to buy one ticket for May 16th. Yes - going alone since no one I know except my man in Texas is as eager as I am to see this movie ... :(

9. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    Hey outback dewback

if your after tickets to the midnight session in cinema 1 or 2, you have to buy your ticks from Kings Comics rather than fox studio's

Check the AOTC Ticket's thread in NSW for more details

10. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    What tek said. :D

11. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Got to show my Fox Studios midnight session tickets off at uni yesterday. :D

12. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Ki, I am figuring you had two distinct responses.

One would be you getting belted for being a SW geek.

The other would be other SW geeks trying to belt you for having the tickets.

13. outback_dewback

Feb 16, 2002
    Thanks for the advice guys! :D

I went out to Fox early this morning and bought a ticket for the 9:30am session on the 16th.

I am able to make it to the midnight session some 9 hours earlier as my 2 little kids stay with my parents on Wednesday nights, but you guys are all so young and I didn't think you'd want an oldie like me hanging around ...

Man I feel old. :(

Oh and also, I only saw your posts here late this afternoon as I've been out all day so I'm sure there's no tix left for the midnight session by now.

But thank you anyway ... :)

14. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Ummm, there are older people that go to FF meets. Seriously. Not everyone is a schoolkid. In fact, few are.

15. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Dagsy, I only showed the tickets to people who cared. ;)

16. outback_dewback

Feb 16, 2002
    Sorry! No offense intended - I didn't mean you guys are school-aged, just that my sister is a 21 year-old uni student and she treats me like a god damned fossil ...

Seriously I'm not that old and to be honest I still act and feel like a big kid anyway. Just ask my own kids - they are often embarrassed by my antics ... ;)

17. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    Dude, if you want to come we'd be more than happy to have you. You'd better head in and grab your ticket now, though. :)

18. outback_dewback

Feb 16, 2002
    Thanks Shara ... :)

I thought I'd do the right thing and check my bank balance before I put my hand up for a ticket.

After I forked out for that other ticket yesterday, and being my daughter's birthday next week (and my sister's birthday today) I have no spare cash right now for another AOTC ticket sadly.

And I won't have any extra cash for another two weeks at least.

Sorry ... but thank you for the offer anyway. I'm sure there's plenty of others around who have more money than me and who could afford that ticket.

Dammit ... :(

19. Teknobabel

Jun 4, 2000
    I showed my ticket to the head of the src, he said if i didn't get him one, he'd have me chucked out.

The ticks i got are all taken though already, it just depends on whther or not one of my friends can be let out for the evening by his folks.

20. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    For anyone in Western Australia that is interested. We (myself and Darth_Soup) have booked a cinema out at Greater Union. We have an entire cinema booked for people to watch the premiere at a midnight screening. If you wish to know more about it, check out the thread on the WA boards, or PM myself or Darth_Soup for more details, or to book a ticket. :D

21. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    WTF? another person from Adelaide, i though i was the only one. Wow! anyway, i just bought 10 tickets for me and my friends to see it on the 16th. yay!!!

anyone else dazzled by the 2hr 40 mins???

mine is 3:30pm-6:10pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.