main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW AOTC Tickets tomorrow; WHo can get there?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediEnna

JediEnna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 25, 2000
    Sorry Carmen, I didn't realise you came all the way over here to give me money! I thought you were actually studying...sorry.
    Anyway, as I said there is no guarentee I'll be going tomorrow. The issue is under deliberation and a conclusion will be made upon getting home from work. Shara, I will call your mobile then.

2. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    I'll let you know in 2 hrs how many tickets I can get.

3. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    at $20 i can get 1 extra

4. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    I can get a few...

I know Id have get em for friends anyhow...

when? where?

5. Shara_82

Shara_82 Administrator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 10, 2001
    8am @ Fox, kate...

6. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    9am amd someone can save me a spot!

7. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    I will!

ROE Biggs, replied to the msg

8. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    thanks tekkypooz...

I just got home from work, I am usually still bloody asleep then lol...

9. Syrix_Kahl

Syrix_Kahl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 25, 2001
    Alright, I might be going out on a limb here, but I have a friend who today told me that he had tickets for AOTC on May 10th (celeb opening) - luck man he is...

I asked him about the normal people's opening. He said he could probably get tickets (reduced price for a large group)

I wish I'd caught up with him earlier now. I didn't realise that tickets were on sale tomorrow.

I won't be able to get there myself, but I can pay back someone asap (Thursday at Powerhouse if I am going.)

Anyway, my point is - what are the 'whole' details for the screening?

how many of us? which cinema at fox? any other details...

I can make a phone call and find out how definite him getting the tickets for us would be.

10. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    next question, how does one get there?

I don't mind putting 10 or so tickets on my credit card...

11. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    it's all good... i had to get on campus to go to the lab anyways :)

12. Teknobabel

Teknobabel Jedi Master star 5

Jun 4, 2000
    Kate, it'll depend on how many per person, but I'll be there

ROE Biggs and I will be at Central at 7:30am

We'll be taking a cab to fox

I'll be there with a friend, not from fanforce, he's there for ticks for uni friends

13. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    heeh, fun

14. mauls-menace

mauls-menace Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Ok, I've been asleep ALL day and I'm now at work so can someone update me PLEASE! :eek:

I may be able to go straight from work to Fox on Tuesday morning. :D

15. slaveone_2

slaveone_2 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 1, 2001
    I can get 10 tickets. Maybe more if we need them.

16. Ki-Bara-Mundi

Ki-Bara-Mundi Jedi Master star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    Okay, I'm out of it for a little while and suddenly everyone's having delusions of grandure! :p

From what I can tell, Tek, Shara, Kate and ROE are going to Fox at 8am tomorrow. Now I can get to Fox pretty easily from my place, it'll just be a matter of beating the morning traffic. I'm willing to leave my house at 6am, be at Fox by 7am AT THE VERY LATEST, but I'll probably be there by 6:30am. I can hold a spot in the line (if there is one), but I can't afford to purchase any more tickets than my own (sorry guys, I only just started my new job). I'll most likely call Shara up tonight to co-ordinate the effort. :)

Woohoo! We're gonna see EPISODE 2!!! :D :D :D :D :D

EDIT: Are you sure they're gonna allow credit card transactions for ticket sales? What if they want cash upfront? :(

17. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    if they want cash, then ill visit an atm on my way thru the city...

correction, ill stop by an atm at town hall to be doubly sure...

what buses go from the city to fox?

18. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    There are plenty of ATMs at Fox. To be safe, you could just take out some money before purchasing.

19. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    339 bus

20. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    and that goes from???

21. ROE_Biggs

ROE_Biggs Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2002
    well im off to watch buffy and then bed.

ciao all, see you in the morning.

22. Shara_82

Jan 10, 2001
    Well it looks like we may be slowly getting this in order. :D

23. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    I cant go but Linda may be able too.

Oblio, if u can go that'd be great. The more the merrier.

OK Kids, it's lookin a go. Get as many as u can, and we'll go from there

24. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Direct copy and paste from the kings email notice:

Hey there KINGSters,

We've been promising this preview and now we're delivering!!

KINGS Comics is proud to announce that we will be screening the premiere of STAR WARS: EPISODE II ? ATTACK OF THE CLONES! This premiere will be a Wednesday 15th May Midnight screening (or to be more precise a 12:01a.m. screening on Thursday 16th of May which is the worldwide release date for the film).

If the scenes from the latest movie trailers are any indication, then there's going to be loads of action in EPISODE II and all indications are that it will definitely surpass THE PHANTOM MENACE! Not only do we finally get to see how Palpatine's machinations force the production of the clones and we also see Anakin slowly succumb to the darker side of the Force. Will the Jedi Knights make their last stand in THE ATTACK OF THE CLONES? - we'll know in exactly one month's time!!

The KINGS Screening of STAR WARS EPISODE II: ATTACK OF THE CLONES will be premiering at HOYTS CINEMAS at Fox Studios, and KINGS has grabbed not one, but TWO of the biggest cinemas in the entire complex (Cinemas 1 and 2), so you can be sure these sessions will be the best screenings of the movie that you can see in Sydney! Combined, KINGS will be selling 650 regular tickets and a massive 130 luxury La Premiere seats in what will be a must-see event for any long time Star Wars fan!

Tickets will be going on sale TOMORROW, Tuesday 15th APRIL from 10.00 am at both our KINGS City & KINGS FOX Studios stores. Regular tickets will be $12.50 each and La Premiere tickets will be $25.00 each. KINGS FOX Studios Store will be selling tickets to the CINEMA ONE screening only and the KINGS City Store will be selling to the CINEMA 2 screening only. Both cinemas have 325 regular seats and 65 La premiere seats and both cinemas have Cinemax sound - (that's right Cinema 2 is a clone of Cinema 1, identical in every respect bar name!)

As usual, La Premiere tickets are bound to move very quickly, so if you want any, get in quick. It?s first in, first served. And remember, as always, NO tickets will be held WITHOUT payment beforehand!

You can pay for your tickets by dropping by either our City store or our Fox Studios store, or if you wish, pay for them by credit card over the phone. Please understand that there may be some delays in answering & processing phone orders tomorrows as we expect that we will have quite a large volume of calls early on. People who purchase tickets over the phone are responsible for picking up their own tickets from the appropriate store - KINGS will not be sending tickets out to people. Any tickets lost or misplaced will not be replaced so please be careful with your tickets!! KINGS accepts EFTPOS transactions as well as Mastercard, Bankcard, VISA and American Express.

To anyone who will be purchasing LA PREMIERE tickets, HOYTS has said that they cannot serve any alcohol to patrons after midnight, but the La Premiere lounge (not the Mos Eisley Cantina) will still be open for your free popcorn and soft drinks. No droids allowed though.

KINGS FOX Studios store will be open before and after the screenings on the night for people to check out all the latest Star Wars merchandise in the shop and you can also pick up your KINGS Star Wars Ep II movie ticket as a souvenir after the screening!

So call your friends and get a group together - this is going to be a great night! Get dressed up or come as you are - you never know KINGS may even have some special prizes and other things lined up for you on the night!! KINGS will also have the comic book adaptation of the film, as well as the most asked-for Star Wars trade paperbacks in our stores when the movie hits, and that?s not even counting the action figures! Egads! And speaking of the Episode II figures, keep your eyes peeled in future e-mails for a major announcement in the near future.

25. legacyAccount

legacyAccount Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2012
    do we have enough people going that everything should be covered? if not, i could always call in and buy some w/ my credit card, i'd just need to know how many more we need...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.