main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Colum, OH AOTC Tickets

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by lazer310, May 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lazer310

lazer310 Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 23, 2000
    Hey everybody. Just got off the phone with both AMC Lennox and AMC Easton, both confirmed tickets are going on sale Friday. Lennox said they are going on sale at 10am, but Easton does not have a time. Just a heads up.

Chris

2. DarthClerical

DarthClerical Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 28, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up. Do you know anyone who is going to get tickets that day? I'll be at Celebration II and I doubt I'll be able to get them myself.

3. b1lly

b1lly Jedi Youngling

May 9, 1999
    Spoke with someone a few minutes ago at Lennox and they said the line starts there
    tomorrow @ 2:30 PM. Tickets go on-sale Friday @ 10:00 AM at the box-office.

I just can't believe Lucasfilm is doing it like this.
    Less than 24 hours notice, and on the eve of Celebration 2 and Spidey, no less.

Classy. :mad:

4. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    I have to agree with that sentiment.

5. ewen

ewen Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    Anyone standing in line for tickets.I hate to miss them,but I will be at SWC2.I have gotten confirmation from lennox but every time I call easton,they tell me have have not gotten the O.K. to sale them.I just called them.

6. catamaul

catamaul Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    I spoke with Marcus Crosswoods and some kid said they weren't expecting anyone to wait for tickets, and they didn't know when they were going on sale. He also said no one waited last time (Ep.1) which is not true as I was there. I called back and some other dude said that they should be on sale Friday he believed. The number is 436-9818, and to call back tomorrow. Hope this helps all you folks.

7. jsp2000

jsp2000 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 8, 2002
    Yeah, the kid at Crosswoods was wrong. There was a nice line out there in '99. I'd say three to four hundred people, at least.

I'm trying to figure out the scoop at the Arena Grand. Their website simply says "Star Wars Friday."

Ha! That'd be cool! Let's go see it Friday! Whoohoo!!!!

8. ImperialNavy169

ImperialNavy169 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Just spoke to The Arena Grand and according to the guy who answered the phone tickets "should" go on sale Friday. I asked him when they would confirm this and he said Friday. Nothing like minimum wage jockeys!

9. Italianjedi

Italianjedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 24, 2002
    Hey guys..first, I just wanted to mention that I will have the details on the Digital theatre in Cleveland tomorrow...ex. showtimes, when I'm getting tickets and for what show, etc....I will be creating a separate thread on the Digital Theatre trip tomorrow as well. I'm still in the process of getting all the info, and the theatre will know more details tomorrow. You may post your interest in the Digital theatre experience in that new thread, with how many tix you want etc etc. I will probably try for a Wednesday night 12:01 midnight show (if they have them) OR go for a Thursday 8pm or 9pm show, since most people work days. Again, I'll have all the info tomorrow in the Digital theatre thread.....

Next....as far as getting tickets locally for ALL of us for Friday night, 5/17, for our party/get-together, what would everyone like to do(since advance tix go onsale Friday)?

I know everyone wants to do their own thing for Thursday, 5/16. I think it's down to two choices for 5/17, or at least most people appear to like these two choices anyway:

1. Arena grand theatre downtown, with reserved seats. New theatre and not everyone knows about it yet. (Parking info, anyone??) Great idea, and worth the extra two bucks (or whatever it is) for the reserved seats, so we don't have to wait an hour or more outside, just to get good seats.

2.Marcus theatres (with IMAX screen) at I-23 & I-270. FYI: I found out that Lucasfilm doesn't want AOTC to play on the IMAX screen itself (only one screen), but is ok with other screens. Marcus has four THX screens, and I'm sure they plan on using some (or all) of them for AOTC.

Sooooooo....what ya all want to do for Friday? :) And, out of all of us, how many of you are able to go and get tickets for the group as a whole? I'm assuming a limit of 12 per person, and we would need anywhere from 12 to 36 potential tickets (assuming family and friends may come with any of us that night)

If there's something that I missed, feel free to comment. Thanks!

Kevin

10. Jedi_Dan

Jedi_Dan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1998
    Heck no there won't be any lines anywhere tomorrow...most (95%) of the diehard fans in Ciolumbus are gonna be in Indy! Well I wonde rif I get roaming charges to use my cel phone and try to order over the pphone, I dunno if i can count on my non SW friends to order them online at 10 am...There's gonna be some hell raisin' tomorrow!

11. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    On 5/17, we're going to the Imax, because it is close to our apartment. I think we've discussed it into the ground already, and that seemed to be the general consensus. So, after we watch TPM, we'll be going to Marcus Crossroads.

As far as tickets go, I'll be getting them that day(you can't buy tickets more than a day ahead of time for a regular showing) so everyone needs to bring $8.25 to the next meeting, if you plan on seeing the movie with the group.

12. jsp2000

Mar 8, 2002
    Marcus Crosswoods = Awesome Theater
    Seeing AOTC on the actual IMAX = Awful

I'm glad Lucasfilm is asking them not to play it on there. We were all pumped to see TPM on the IMAX, and it was awful. Too big and grainy. I had to go back the next day (HOW HORRIBLE!!!) to see it again on a regular screen. :)

Still no word from the Arena Grand on when tickets will go on sale...

>From: "Matt Riley" <info@arenagrand.com>
    >To: "Jason" <jsp2000@hotmail.com>
    >Subject: RE: Star Wars Friday
    >Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 11:05:11 -0500
    >
    >Still no solid info from the distributors yet on sales policy. All
    >indications lead us to believe that we will be able to sell on Friday,
    >unfortunately we do not know what time yet.
    >
    >Arena Grand

13. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    Yeah, OK, since us ohio state people were planning on taking off for the celebration at 8:30, we kinda got screwed...so instead, we are waiting at the lennox, and are leaving as close to 10 or 10:30 as possible(i am waiting in line early tomorrow morning...maybe I will see one of you there!)...I can't believe how crappy they are making what should be an awesome two weeks...

14. DarthClerical

Feb 28, 2002
    As I stated before... this was ill timed. Considering how many Americans will be at the convention this weekend. Best of luck to you and I'll see you at CII.

15. ImperialNavy169

ImperialNavy169 Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2002
    Just got off the phone with the Arena Grand and according to the girl who answered the phone tickets will go on sale tomorrow. When I asked what time she said they don't know and to call tomorrow. They open at 11 so that?s the earliest they'll be able to sell tickets according to her.

16. Jedi_Dan

Jedi_Dan Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 30, 1998
    Does anyone know who will have a midnight showing? I assume Lennox will, they did for TPM.
    www.arenagrand.com just says: "STAR WARS FRIDAY" yeah? no @!#$
    amctheaters.com didn't have anything about SW

17. Darth_Payback

Darth_Payback Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2001
    This really sucks! I was relying on my cousin to get tickets for me in line...too bad he is going to Indy with me!!!!

Anybody around here not going willing to pick me up...uh...6 tickets? :D

18. catamaul

catamaul Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    On my way to Lennox. Lady on the phone said please come down. The more the merrier she said. Marcus Theatre wimped out or something. One girl at Marcus said corporate had a screening to see if the movie was worth advanced ticket sales. Too bad because Marcus is a good theatre and I would rather have seen it there. Not like I won't see it many times but they won no points.
    Everything is not proceeding as I have forseen.

19. Darth_Payback

Darth_Payback Jedi Master star 1

May 14, 2001
    AHHHH!!!! HOW!?!?! I called and they said too bad, wait until tomorrow!

20. jsp2000

Mar 8, 2002
    The Arena Grand has been what only can be described as "nutty."

Around 5pm, right before I left work, they had posted specific times when presale tickets for online and phone orders would go on sale.

At 6pm, I went to show my wife this, and it only said tickets were going on sale soon. They had taken off the times and dates.

What gives?

BTW, is waiting at the Lennox really necessary, other than for the sheer fun of it? I mean I don't forsee it as being too much of a problem to get the tickets online when they go on sale (if that is the same time as the Box Office). I'm just worried about the AG cause I want reserved seats. Oh well...

We'll see what happens...

21. NeoJobe

NeoJobe Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2002
    Hey everyone I just got done purchasing 10 aotc tickets for 12:01 from Crosswood Marcus, which is the only George Lucas approved theater in Columbus. I hope that I'll see some of you guys there.

22. jsp2000

Mar 8, 2002
    Arena Grand and Marcus Crosswoods also have THX Certified Auditoriums, which is what I believe you are referring to.

Congrats on getting your tickets, NeoJobe!!! Good luck to the rest of you!!

23. Mrs_MayimNaar

Mrs_MayimNaar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    I just got our tickets! Finally. I went to Easton this morning and waited in line for 30 minutes, only to get to the box office window and find out that Easton isn't doing a midnight showing! I couldn't go to another theater, because I had other commitments this morning.

But I went to Marcus on my way home and got the tickets!!! I was so excited -- and releaved that they haven't all sold out yet! [face_clown]

By the way, just wanted to remind you all to be sure and bring your money to the next meeting, if you plan on seeing the movie with the group, on the 17th. They don't anticipate the opening weekends to sell out this early, but we want to be sure we have tickets, so I will be purchasing them right after the meeting! If you want a ticket, you'll need to have money at the meeting -- we don't want anyone left out [face_clown]

24. Jedi_Hope

Jedi_Hope Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I just one two tickets for the 15th!!!!

25. Amidala-Leia

Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2002
    Congrats Chris :) I'm very happy for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.