main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Austin,TX AOTC tickets...

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Depa_Billada, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Depa_Billada

Jedi_Depa_Billada Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 30, 2001
    oh god...they go on sale tomorrow i think...what do i do?! i'm going crazy.

anyone know if fandango will be selling them? or do we have to go to gateway tomorrow morning? any advice?! anyone at all? please tell me what i should do or if you know if fandango is gonna start to sell them.

2. Texapocalypse

Texapocalypse Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    I don't know any of these answers, but I would really love to find out. I'll make a pact: if/when I find out info, I'll post here. If I don't find out anything, I think I'll be swinging by the theater early tomorrow sometime. (I need to go to Central Market anyway.)

3. Jedi_Leroy

Jedi_Leroy Jedi Master star 1

Apr 3, 2001
    Hey guys,

I just got off the phone with Fandango (8:15 a.m.). They have no listings for Episode 2 at this time, so no luck yet. Does anybody know if tickets are going on sale today at any theater in Austin?

4. ShaftWindu

ShaftWindu Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Thanks for the updates, guys...I checked with fandango myself, and they said the same thing, no info on ep. 2 yet. If anyone finds out, please let us all know. It's getting close!!!

5. infallible

infallible Jedi Youngling

Mar 11, 2002
    They're announcing the theater lists today. I was at Spider-Man at Alamo last night, and they said that they'd know today if they could show it. TFN's main page has listings of theaters that are showing it, but no Austin theater is up there yet nor are Regal Cinema's or Cinemark's listings. They say that Fandango will be selling them starting today, though.

6. Jedi_Leroy

Apr 3, 2001
    Ok, this waiting is driving me insane...

Does anybody know what times the theaters open in the morning? I think 10 a.m., but that's not definite. Anybody know office numbers? I'm not talking about the phone numbers with the recordings, but actual office numbers of the theaters?

7. infallible

Mar 11, 2002
    I thought 10:30, but I don't know. I'm about to head out to Gateway myself for when they open up.

8. Jedi_Leroy

Apr 3, 2001
    Anybody had any luck yet?

9. infallible

Mar 11, 2002
    I was just out at the Gateway line, and they (folks in line) said that Gateway wasn't selling tickets today.

I also just spoke with a manager at Drafthouse, and they said that they probably would not be carrying it on opening day. They will know for sure later today, but it looks like it won't be cost effective for them to show it.

So, all in all, nothing new, and everything is still up in the air.

10. ShaftWindu

ShaftWindu Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    I just saw a listing of it posted for an AMC theatre in San Antonio. Hopefully we will hear something soon for Austin.

11. AnnesMan111

AnnesMan111 Jedi Youngling

May 3, 2002
    I just called and came from Tinseltown in Pflugerville and they said that they will start next week and to try back on Monday. I think they would have to start at the latest on Monday, because the tickets will start online on Tuesday the 6th at cinemark.com (they start online ticketing 10 days in advance).

12. docgordo

docgordo Jedi Youngling

Nov 19, 2001
    Actually, you guys might have a long wait. The AMC in your area won't have a midnight screening and it seems Regal is taking their sweet time.

It's lame that Austin has yet to build a really nice, massive, high-tech theater complex like the AMC down here. Someday perhaps.

13. Jedi_Leroy

Apr 3, 2001
    Hey folks,

Jedi Leroy here with the latest and greatest info on viewing Star Wars here in the Austin area. I'll list this by the theaters I know are showing the film.

First of all, according to some theater managers I have spoken to, if a theater has Spiderman, then it cannot have Star Wars, UNLESS there is no nearby competition. Thus:

Gateway - The closest competing theater is Lakeline mall, so even though Gateway has Spiderman, it will have Star Wars as well. There WILL be a midnight showing. Nobody is sure when tickets will be sold at Gateway.

Barton Creek Cinema - They haven't a clue. They know they'll have the film, but are unsure if they are going to have a midnight showing AND unsure when they'll be selling tickets. They suggest 5 days before opening day, the 11th. Rumor has it that this theater will not have a midnight showing, however.

Regal Metropolitan - Humorous story here. They are definitely showing the movie. They will have 3-4 screens showing it, at 12:01 a.m., 12:15 a.m., and 12:30 a.m.. However, they are not selling tickets yet, as they are unsure whether the times described previously are for Wednesday night/Thursday morning, or Thursday night/Friday morning. They are having a meeting sometime in the next few days to decide when to show the movies, and when to sell the tickets. This info came from calling the theater directly.

Hope this helps!

14. DarthBarf

DarthBarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2001
    I just went to Tinseltown in Pflugerville and they said they would not be selling tickets until Mon at the earliest.

I swear I remember this being a lot more organized last time. Didn't we know a few weeks before tickest went on sale? Didn't the official site have listings of all of the theatres and showtimes?

15. darthsavior

darthsavior Jedi Youngling

May 2, 2002
    I went tonight to the Gateway Cinemas. I saw some of the guys in the line already. Way to go!! I asked aout tix and they didn't know anything.

16. infallible

Mar 11, 2002
    This totally blows. It was way better for Episode 1. I can't believe that theaters don't know this stuff less than 2 weeks before the movie comes out.

17. BigChris

BigChris Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 11, 2000
    Hi from Celebration 2! While we were in line for an event here, we got a call that the tickets for AOTC at Gateway went on sale TODAY to the surprise of the people in the line.

Big Chris

18. DarthBarf

DarthBarf Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2001
    Tinseltown in Pflugerville started selling tickets at 5:15PM today (Saturday).

Both Tinseltown and Gateway are only selling tickets for one screen at the moment. They both have a midnight show (Gateway's is already sold out though) and both will be selling for additional screens very soon.

19. erikak1970

erikak1970 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    tickets are online now at fandango.com. I just bought mine. so far you can get them for the metropolitan, gateway and lakeline mall.

20. Jedi_Leroy

Apr 3, 2001
    Hey guys,

Just bought 16 tickets for the 12:01 premiere at the Metropolitan! They said they were half-way to being sold out. Yesterday they informed me that they would also be having a 12:15 and a 12:30 showing as well, but I didn't confirm that when buying the tickets.

Better hurry!

Woooooooooooooooooooooo!

21. Darth Arash

Darth Arash Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    can you just order the tickets online or are you able to actually go to Gateway or Tinseltown and get the tickets at the booth?

22. erikak1970

erikak1970 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2002
    If you go to Fandango.com you'll see some of the theatres have their tickets for sale online, so far.

23. Darth Arash

Darth Arash Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 20, 1999
    yeah I noticed that ever reading this thread, but I was wondering if tickets can also be purchased at the box office itself.

24. Texapocalypse

Texapocalypse Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2001
    when I click on the "12:01am" showing, it comes up as "FRIDAY 12:01am". Did they screw it up? Since I'm paranoid, I didn't buy the tickets. What is going on here? It should be 12:01 am THURSDAY MORNING, right? Or did I misunderstand?

25. FateNaberrie

FateNaberrie Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 31, 2000
    yeah, it said it was listings for May 16th and it said Friday
    i went ahead and bought them, someone said they're sold out of Thursday and I figure Friday's the next best thing...*shrug* a day late isn't so bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.