main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN AOTC Trailer A & Harry Potter!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediToren, Nov 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediToren

JediToren Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2000
    So when and where are we meeting for AOTC Trailer A and Harry Potter? I created a new event at the website and I put that we are meeting at the Carmike Thoroughbred 20 again at 7:30pm (though I have no idea what showtimes will be available at the Thoroughbred for Harry Potter) but is everyone cool with that?

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I won't be available on weekends (due to work) and I plan on being in Indiana the following Tuesday-Thursday for Thanksgiving. You'll have to count me out of this one, although I'd be perfectly willing to see it an additional time later on.

3. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, I do plan to see this movie, but I am not sure when. I'd like to see it opening night, but I have family coming down for Thanksgiving and I know they'll want to see this... SO... we'll see. ;)

4. k kanos

k kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2000
    Same story here. My folks are coming into town as well. They are wanting me to wait to go see Harry Potter with them here, so you'll have to count me out of this one. Let us all know how it is. Oh and by the way, TFN is reporting that not all copies of Harry Potter have the trailer attached to them. Normally, I would call, but since they have a bunch of youngsters working there that could care less, I would rather ask face to face and make them go and find out while I wait. Since I live so close to the Thoroughbred, I will volunteer to drop by next Saturday and verify which times have the trailer and which don't. I will then post them on the boards here sometime during the day.

Oh, and before I forget to ask, could someone see if they could download the internet trailer and save it on their computer. That would be something cool to have on the Nashvilleforce.com website. It's probably too large to e-mail even if zipped. I have the Episode I DVD, but no DVD-rom player on my computer so I can't access the trailer. Bummer :( Anyway, if it's possible to do that, it would be much appreciated.

I've also sent 4 different Episode II Teaser wallpapers for your desktop to JediToren to put on our website. You should be able to access them as soon as he gets a chance to post them. Have a great weekend everyone!

5. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I have the Episode I DVD, but no DVD-rom player on my computer...

Same ballgame for me, bummer too.

6. goosemav

goosemav Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    I have the EPI DVD and a DVD-ROM...I tried to access the new trailer today, but the only one that is posted there is the one that has been there since I bought the DVD. Does anyone know of anyone else that has actually seen this trailer?

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    It's not up yet. It should be sometime today.

8. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I think it is up now. Anyone know?

9. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I found only still images of the trailer on a German Website referred to in the non-spoiler forums. They also had audio, but alas, no video. No offense to Hama (who is actually at work while this is all going on), but I want to bitch-slap all the moderators who are editing links and trying to discourage anyone from trying to help those of us who don't have a DVD-rom player from getting a look at it through alternate sites. I bought the damn DVD! I have a DVD player at home, I'm not about to buy a DVD-Rom player because Lucasfilm says I have to have one to see a teaser trailer for their film. I mean sheesh, this isn't the film itself guys. Lucasfilm get the Lamo award in my book for this crap. Anyway, where there is a will, there is a way. I'll probably find it next week. Somebody out there will be kind enough to share. :p

10. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    The new DVD-ROM trailer is AWESOME!!!! I'm totally blown away by this. Going by this trailer...this could be the best film of the series...lot's of action...several shots of the Slave I in hot pursuit...and at the end...naaaaah...I'll let you guys see it for yourselves. Hope you guys can see it soon...I'll see if I can download it somehow for you that can't.

11. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Yeah, well, we're obligated by LFL not to allow people to violate their copyright laws on our site. We hate to do it, but we'd get shut down if we didn't put a stop to it. :(

12. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Now, if I am not mistaken, violating that copyright would mean being able to watch this trailer and not physically own the DVD, right?

I dunno. I think after a few weeks, this trailer is going to go live on the net by LFL anyway.

13. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Nah. It restricts unauthorized duplication. Purchasing a DVD is an authorized duplication.

But I agree; I think it will eventually be available for everyone to download.

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I gotcha. So, the actual downloading of the trailer is what they want to prohibit, moreso than the viewing. I getcha. Makes sense from a legal standpoint. So, that is why they streamed it. ;)

So, Hama have ya watched it yet? :D

15. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Yeah, I watched it as soon as it came out (around 1:20 p.m. Nashville time). I had just about given up to get ready for work when someone posted "IT'S UP!!!!" in the NSA forum. I watched it about 4-5 times in a row before heading out.

16. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    MAN, it gave me tingly goose bumps ALL over when I watched it. No doubt, bro, this is gonna ROCK over TPM. The moodiness of this movie is gonna be a keeper. Reminds me of the OT so much. :)

17. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Yeah I finally got the trailer. Oh man it is awesome!! You can see that some of Han Solo's cynical humour is back.
    BTW, you guys realize that this Mystery trailer on the DVD site isn't supposed to be the same trailer that is gonna be with Harry Potter next Friday right? The one with Harry Potter is supposed to focus on the love story element of Episode II.

18. JediToren

Mar 20, 2000
    Well guys I've seen the new trailer it is so AWESOME!!!!!! So who is in for seeing it tomorrow? I have the 7:30 showing selected in the events page on the website make sure you guys can make it. It will be at the Carmike Thoroughbred 20 like last time.

19. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I am all for this. 7:30 it is.

EDIT: OK, slight detail change. I am not going to be able to go tonight. My wife buys discounted tickets from her workplace, and they aren't allowing them this weekend. SO, guess I don't get to see it on the big screen this weekend. No matter, I've already downloaded and watched it.

20. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    All I have to say is... DRAT!!

This afternoon at 5:15pm, my wife and her sis & husband went to the movies at Thoroughbred to see.. you guessed it, Harry Potter. Besides from the fact that I thought it was a good movie, there was NO STAR WARS TRAILER!!

I guess I waited too long or something and it was moved to possibly another movie. Anyway, I am sure I'll get plenty full of it by the time the real deal rolls around. ;)

21. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I saw it while I was in Indiana for the holidays. Fortunately, it did have the trailer. Harry Potter was on four screens there, three of which were digital. I didn't want to chance going to one of the non-digital shows, since the trailer might not be attached.

22. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    I went and saw Harry Potter at the Thoroughbred also and alas, no trailer. However, I saw "Spy Game" Saturday, and to my surprise, the "Forbidden Love" trailer was attached to it. Go Figure! Those goofy kids probably got it mixed up as I believe Harry Potter and Spy Game started the same day. As far as Spy Game goes, it was alright, but a little hard to follow until the end.

23. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Yeah, I've been thinking of seeing Spy Game. So, was it worth the money?

24. k kanos

May 1, 2000
    Like I said, it was alright. It was interesting, but one of those movies that I wouldn't watch again. Don't pay full price to see it. ;) I saw it at the matinee price last weekend. It was on one of the smaller screens anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.