AOTC UE Completed But Not Released??

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by Spirit-of-Kenobi, May 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. Spirit-of-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's the link.And if this is true GL has some explaining to do.

JWfan.net

http://www.jwfan.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=345&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0
  2. Sithman Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    "The CD has around 40 + minutes of extra material mostly from the begining of the movie. It does exist and it was about to be released very early o­n but Lucasfilm said no to it. Not Sony. Anyway, don't say I don't ever have good info for you guys. It was completely finished and put together, so it's not like it was in some stage of development.

I was contacted by someone who heard the CD from o­ne of the album's producer. The producer said that they wanted to release it but they were told 'no can do' by Lucasfilm.
    "

What the heck? That's so incredibly lame. I was the music from the beginning Coruscant scenes (like right before the elevator scene and stuff)! :(

Steve Sansweet = a liar.
  3. CopernicusDent Jedi Knight

star 2
    Meh, they're just waiting for November to release it.

This sounds about right because if you add 40 minutes to the 74 minute running time of the existing Clones album, that's just about 2 hours of score. So it sounds like this album will be produced in the same fashion as the Special Edition albums.
  4. jedimaster chris Force Ghost

star 2
    that would be great if it was released soon, i just hope it isn't a hoax...
  5. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6
    Well a November release doesn't sound too bad. Of course the tracks will be just as hacked up as TPM's was but the more music the better.
  6. deltau922 Jedi Master

star 4
    The prospects of an Ultimate Edition is why I only downloaded the Inadequate Edition when it came out.
  7. DamonD Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I agree with CopernicusDent.
    They're just holding it back for a 'surprise' release later on. There's no way they'd just sit on a nice little earner like that one.
  8. Kir Kanos Jedi Master

star 4
    Just in case they have no intention of releasing it go to the Episode II Ultimate Soundtrack Petition & sign my petition. I'm going to send this to Steve Sansweet at year's endIF there is no mentioning of releasing the Ultimate Soundtrack on a 2 disc CD compilation.
  9. MasterObi-Wan-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    About time, better prepare myself to analize the music.

(Kir Kanos, i'm in)
    (Spirit-of-Kenobi, haven't seen you for a long time, good to see you again)
  10. rodan70 FanForce Chapter Rep

Chapter Rep VIP
    star 4
    For somereason, none of this suprises me
  11. Pooja Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I just want the funeral music. Well, okay so there's a lot of music I want, but mainly the funeral music.
  12. Spirit-of-Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 1
    "(Spirit-of-Kenobi, haven't seen you for a long time, good to see you again)"

Why thank you Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. I've been roaming around. ;)
  13. royalguard96 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I am really, really hoping we get this in November, like we got the TPM: UE in Nov. of 2000.

I think the music left off the initial release of this soundtrack is better than the music left off the May 3, 1999 TPM soundtrack release.

The music during the meeting with Anakin and Palpatine, the first kiss, and the funeral are just amazing. I NEED them on a CD!!
  14. Zappa_0 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just signed Kir Kanos Petetion. I think they are spending too long for the release of the Ep2 UE Score. Actually you can find maybe half of the Ep2 Score in the Ep1 UE Score. I just hope they will release it in November or even sooner.
  15. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Would a petition do any good? I mean, some companies just won't release something, nomatter what the demand. It'll make them "lose face" or something, who knows?
  16. TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod

star 10
    I don't see why they wouldn't in time. Okay, I don't see why they don't do it now either, but eventually it'll come out. We're just gonna be patient. Maybe if it takes too much longer than TPM's UE did, then somebody could bother with a petition....
    *shrug*
  17. CopernicusDent Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hmmm, does anyone recall when the Phantom Menace Ultimate CD was first advertised to be released?
  18. Vaderbait Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The companies I refer to are like Paramount with the Director's Edition Star Trek V. THere is huge demand, thousands upon thousands of signatures on petitions, and even people who hate Star Trek V (There are a lot ;)) signed it, just so it could be fully completed.

Paramount STILL isn't making it. I dunno about you, but if I ran a business and thousands and thousands expressed interest, it'd be a smart thing to make it. :p
Moderators: Darth_Nub
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.