main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

AOTC: UE - Whats the latest word?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by DARTH_VERNON, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARTH_VERNON

DARTH_VERNON Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 13, 2002
    So then.

What's the latest word on the Attack of the Clones Soundtrack?

Has a release date been issued yet?

Has anyone 'important' said anything about it yet?

2. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    There is no word. Nothing whatsoever.

:(

3. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Dang blast it, why not?!?!? :mad:

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    You'll have to ask Lucasfilm... :)

5. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I want Shmi's funeral music.
    Damn it.

6. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    I think the best reason for not releasing the UE is the difficulty to make. I recently attempted to edit the TPM and AOTC music that makes up the Geonosis battle, and some parts just sound horrible. Now, I'm no professional, but the music they used, the transitions between pieces that sounded horrible were covered up by an explosion or some other sound effect. You don't have the luxury of those on a score soundtrack, so I think they're avoiding making one. Which is a shame, I would buy the UE, bad edits and all.

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Yeah. I think anyone buying the UE isn't buying it for the Geonosis music anyways, you know?

It's the other music that we want... (like Shmi's Funeral! :D :( )

8. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Yeah, it'll be a big downer if we don't get a UE. I know we've had several of these threads before...

There is definitely a demand for one.

The confession music would be sweet also. :)

9. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Well there should be two hours worth of music for AOTC.

But the fact that they kept the edits in the TPM UE and yet still wasn't complete with all the music recorded for the movie says alot.

There's just no way they can do an ultimate edition with the editing job they have on AOTC.

10. Well_Of_Souls

Well_Of_Souls Jedi Master star 5

Aug 26, 2001
    I have a feeling we'll have to wait until after Ep III comes out to get Special Edition releases of the prequel scores. The same team behind other JW score re-releases has expressed interest in expanding the scores to the prequels, including a proper re-release of TPM, but Lucasfilm is holding them back I think.

If the same team who put together the SE's of the SW trilogy and the expanded re-releases of Superman, Raiders Of The Lost Ark, and E.T. are invloved, then I have great hopes for full prequel score releases sometime in the future.

11. Ozzel

Ozzel TF.N Foreign Book Covers Staff star 5 VIP

May 14, 2001
    Rumor has it (it may have come from Sansweet, actually, but I wouldn't hold me to it) that an UE is completed and just hasn't been released yet.

12. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    Yeah. I think anyone buying the UE isn't buying it for the Geonosis music anyways, you know?

Oh, I don't know about that. Even though it's TPM music, I still enjoy listening to it, because it's rearranged, cut, etc., and keeps up an exciting pace.

So I'd buy it even with the TPM music on it. I'm also one of those people who prefer the music as it appeared in the movie. Concert versions are fine, so long as I get the REAL version, as well. I know the concert version may be the "original" version, but I fell in love with the music the way I heard it in the movie, you know?

13. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    I don't want a UE, anyway, not the way they did TPM's. Give me a two-disc set the way the SEs were done. I want to hear JW's compositions, not the hatchet job performed by an editor.

14. Zappa_0

Zappa_0 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2001
    I thought the UE of Ep 1 was pretty well done. Yea it would have been great to hear the un-used music for ep 1. Perhaps they will release a version later on with that music. And hopefully they will release the Episode 2 score soon also. I cant wait to set back with my cd player and listen to it, it will be great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.