main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Read, PA AOTC Viewing Party! (2nd Meeting)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by HanSolo29 , Nov 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Ok, once again, Crazed...I want to apologize for having to move the discussion here. Wesmin and I were talking yesterday and he suggested something along these lines. Heck, we already agreed on something for our third meeting! :p

What: AOTC viewing party
    Where: to be decided
    When: over Thanksgiving break (Nov. 27-Dec. 2)

Ok, guys...start discussing and throwing out ideas!

Roderick Clifton likes this.
  2. Crazed_Ewok

Crazed_Ewok Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 31, 2002
    well, you pretty much decided already...so, why any new ideas? and if you decided on the third meeting, you didn't talk to me you dirty rat! *attacks HS with a possessed Lucas toy* :p

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    I'm sure you would enjoy what we have in mind for the third meeting! It's a little holiday treat from Wesmin and myself. I think you'll enjoy it! :D

But let's discuss our 2nd meeting before we get to the third.

4. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    hmm...what are we going to do? save up, buy a snow mobile and run up to Maine? :p Hmm...well, I have a surround sound in my house, so I'd gladly do it, though the first meeting was at my house...it's up to you :D

5. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    You shall see when the time comes. :D Although, the snowmobile idea isn't bad! :p

My house is pretty much out since I can only watch DVD's on my computer. Let me talk to Wesmin to see what he thinks. And also to jedimasterbryan.

6. jedimasterbryan

jedimasterbryan Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 14, 2002
    i don't know if i'll be able to make this one, i am probably going to CT to see my mom over thanksgiving break and i don't know if i'd be able to get a ride from my dad up there anyway( i can't drive yet, i just turned 16 :( )

7. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    make sure you guys pm me the details so I can post it for you on TFN. This way it can count as an official meeting. ;)

8. Wesmin7

Wesmin7 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2001
    I'm going to be over at my Aunts house for a Thanksgiving Day (the 28th) Party so that days out. Also My dad works on the 29th (day after Thanksgiving) so thats out. The 27th, 30th, 1st and 2nd would be the dates I'd be able to come.

9. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ok...so let see...Thanksgiving Day is out for me too, so let's just forget about that. And Wesmin won't be able to make the Friday after Thanksgiving, so that's out too. Here is your choices everyone:

Wednesday, November 27th

Saturday, November 30th

Sunday, December 1st

Monday, December 2nd

Alright...post your suggestions.

PS: jedimasterbryan...if you can't make it over the Thanksgiving break...let me know. We might try to work around it. The only problem is our school and work schedule. So, we'll have to wait and see. :)

10. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Hmm...not sure...I'll have to check with my mom...I gotta a concert and I have to go to get teeth pulled to please the evil Sith Ortho (joke with Han)...hmm, but it shouldn't be that close to November, but you never know ;) Oh, btw Han...I've pretty much decided that i'm going to Mifflin Marching Band next year :)

So, I'll check and see about those dates

11. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    hmm, sorry for asking, but what grade are you going into 7th or 9th?

12. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    if you're asking me i'm going into 12th next year.

13. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    7th...my mom said that's when I'll be able to do it, but I don't trust her ;)

14. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Wesmin: I believe Crazed will be going to 7th grade next year...so he will be in the Middle School Marching Band/Concert Band. ;) But I'll let Crazed come in here and confirm that for himself.

jedimasterbryan: Awesome! You'll be a senior next year! Since I'm most likely going to Kutztown University next year with Wesmin...we might be able to drop in a see your band sometime. ;)

15. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    you are correct, as usual :) BTW, I watched the DVD last night on the surround sound thing....hhmmmmmmm...coooooollll :D

16. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    I just got the episode 2 dvd at best buy (with the free poster). I've watched the tv spots, trailers, deleted scenes, and the documentary on digital charcters so far. It is awesome i can't watch the movie tonite because i have to go to church but i can't wait to see it tomorrow. And yeah that would be cool if u could drop by and see our band next year. I actually live about a 10 minute walk from KU

17. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Ah, yes...the Episode II DVD. It's really awesome! I watched it twice last night after I got it. It will really be cool when all of us get together to see it! :)

18. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    Yeah, it's great :) on the commentary they said in some trench in the chase through Coruscant you can see a X-Wing being followed by three TIEs...unfortunitly, I couldn't see it(the guy who said it pointed out the direct part), I think it's because of not having the widescreen version of it :( And I can't see the Death Star designs either *madness* :p So, I know Han doesn't have the widescreen, what about you guys?

Oh, and I think it's time that we decided where we're having it at

19. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    you didn't see the deathstar plans, how could you miss that. When Dooku is talking to Poogle after the clones come in the war room it is off to the left side and then Dooku actually picks them up and tells poogle he is going to bring them to siddious.

20. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Yeah...that sucks about the Death Star plans...oh well..darn full screen!

jedimasterbryan: On the full screen copy, it is impossible to see the plans until Poggle actually mentions them to Dooku. While on the widescreen, you can see the plans every time the scene switches to Poggle and Dooku.

And about the meeting...it looks like our only choices will be Wednesday, November 2nd, Sunday, November 30th, and Monday, November 1st due to my work schedule. I'll get back to you on that at the end of the week when I will know for sure.

21. Wesmin7

Oct 29, 2001
    My dad insists full screen is better, and here I am wanting to see all the cool little tid bits in Star Wars and only having full screen things (thought I do have wide screen TPM) :)

22. jedimasterbryan

Oct 14, 2002
    yes i love widescreen, i like to look for all the little things like that in the movie. Oh and i noticed something on TPM DVD in the design featurette they show a design for a ship with a hyperdrive ring that is almost exactly like the one used for the jedi starfighters in AOTC. I thought that was kind of neat them bringing back previos ideas and such

23. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Opps...I got some dates messed up in my last post...here are the dates I meant:

Wednesday, November 27th

Sunday, November 30th

Monday, December 1st

24. Crazed_Ewok

Aug 31, 2002
    *cough* I recall asking where we're having it... :)

25. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Hmm...good point, Crazed.

Well, unless you enjoy watching a movie on a computer and in a room infested with annoying birds, my house is out.

Any other takers? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.