main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Memph, TN AOTC Viewing - Saturday, November 16

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Chewbracca, Oct 31, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    What everyone else said!! :D

Seriously, I haven't had that much fun watching a movie in a LONG time!! We should have Classic Trilogy movie meetings in the future once the AOTC buzz dies down a little. How great would that be? [face_laugh]

Sherri: Please...do NOT worry about that dollhouse stuff, LOL!! Cute as it may be, it is one of the most impractical things that anyone has ever sent our kids. Like I said, Rachel has already pulled every single flower out of the flowerboxes and some of the trim off the front. We buy Fisher-Price for a REASON, LOLOL!!!

2. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Now, is she going to allow you to come back, or has she told you that there's no way in hell that she's going to ever let you around that gang of idiots again?

[face_laugh] I'm pretty sure I'll be able to attend our future meetings.

3. Qui-Gon Tim

Qui-Gon Tim Memphis, TN FanForce Chapter Rep star 5

Apr 1, 2000
    Brit: Both your mom and dad are both so cool. What I would have given to have either of my parents take part in the things that were dear to me. Glad to hear that we didn't give your mom a massive heart attack.

4. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Tim and Traci, thanks for having all of us tonight! This was the most fun meeting ever!!! I agree, we should definitely commentate on the OT!!!!! I was thinking up some doosies just while sitting there watching AOTC... :) Tim, you and Steve should send in captions for the photos on the OS. You guys are hilarious!

I only had to slap Anakin's hand away once, then by the time we got home he was asleep! Do he stayed in the car!! [face_laugh]
    Can you believe that??? Darn Jedi!!! Next thing you know, he's gonna be telling me he wants to join the darkside........

Sal, it was great to meet you!

I am up for Imax, Christmas party and trilogy party also!

Chris and Jeremy, we missed you!!!!

5. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Oh, a trilogy party. Now that sounds good.

6. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    You mean someone actually wants to watch another movie with me and Steve? Hehehehehehe.

That does sound like a great idea, Brit. It's gonna be one loooong party, but I have no objections to spending over 7 hours with all of y'all. We could turn it into a sort of lunch and dinner thing. We could potluck the lunch part, and dine out for the dinner part after the movies are over.

7. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    I wish they would show all of the movies in Theaters once in a while. It would be nice to see them on the big screen.

Oh, by the way, my mom wanted me to tell all you:

You were gracious hosts and hostess, you have adorable children, and a beautiful home. We mock movies too. What About Bob?, Nothing to Lose, and Meet the Parents.

8. Obi_J_Kenobi

Obi_J_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 15, 2002
    once again, sorry I couldn't make it guys..family stuff and all. I would be interested in the newest developments of a Trilogy party or even the Imax Nashville Trip. lemme know something

9. Obi-Reb

Obi-Reb Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2002
    Thanks to everyone for making the ATOC viewing a success! It was good to see everyone again and it was good to meet you Sal; Welcome!

Thanks, Tim and Traci for opening your home. Ya'll are the best!

Obi-Reb

10. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I'm deeply touched Robert!....In the head, but y'all already know that!

Brit: Tell your mom that she's too kind for her comments, and tell her we said 'thanks'!

It was our pleasure to host the party. It so nice to have company every now and then. No one ever comes to visit us! I wonder if it has anything to do with the area in which we reside? Hmmmm....

Watching Life as a House right now. Hayden Christenson can actually act, and is excellent in it! It's a fantastic film, and was completely snubbed by the Academy. God knows we can't have good films and folks who can actually act getting nominated. Why, just look what it would do to mediocrities like Gladiator and Russell Crowe if we starting giving Oscars to films and people who actually deserve them!! Never that!! Why, Kevin Costner would be living in a cardboard box right now if we hadn't taken pity on him for Dances With Wolves.

I'm just waiting for John Waters to win some sort of Lifetime Achievement award from the Academy.

11. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    AUGGG, Kevin Costner! I've only seen two movies I actually liked him in: The Untouchables and Field of Dreams (And that was mostly becuase of James Earl Jones).

12. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    I liked Costner in "Robin Hood: Prince Of Thieves", but was disappointed in his ability to keep an English accent. He had an accent for like the first 15 minutes of the movie...then it mysteriously disappeared.

I am all ready for a trilogy party!!! And I am absolutely ready to lambaste TPM!!

...and can someone wake up the guys over at TFN's Humor page and tell them it's time to update that page!! They've had that same page up for about 2 weeks.

13. Qui-Gon Tim

Apr 1, 2000
    I know!!! I've submitted well over a thousand captions for that Vader/Princess Leia pic. Of course, like every caption I've ever submitted, they'll all get passed over for the ever-brilliant "pull my finger" captions that seem to plague TF.n Humor page!!

After your Costner/Robin Hood comment, all I can think of, Steve, is Cary Elwes in Robin Hood: Men in Tights:

"And unlike some other Robin Hoods, I can speak with an English accent."

OK- Did I deafen anyone at the party? Traci told me I had it way too loud. I swear it kept getting louder on it's own as the movie progressed! I turned it down several times towards the end!

Or maybe I kept turning it down to hear everyone's comments!!! Hehehehehehe.

14. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    ARRRGGGHHH!!! Dangit. I've had the flu all weekend and didn't know I couldn't make it until yesterday! :p I slept all day yesterday, and am finally feeling a little better. Be glad I wasn't there, because nothing could have been heard between my sniffling, coughing, sneezing, and hocking up phlem (I know, kinda gross!). I hafta' go to class tomorrow, so I better be well!!

15. Lonewolf89

Sep 26, 2001
    Sorry about that, Chris. And here we were thinking you were just a slacker. 8-} Well, hope you get well soon, and that we see you at the next meeting.

16. Steja_Palex

Steja_Palex Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 18, 2001
    We can forgive you for missing, Chris, because you were sick...but what was Jeremy's excuse? :p

17. Smokem_Alien

Smokem_Alien Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 2, 2002
    Tim If you could find some picks it would make it easier and I'll try the vader in the jump suit. maybe we should have a supicous mind trick contest. Whoever can dress up Vader the best (ie: Red neck Vader, Elvis Vader) wins a free pezz dispenser!

Thanks again for hosting the party. you and Traci through a great party, its too bad we couldn't stay and have some of dat cake. Lucky for me she has a DVD player so I just may buy the AtoC for "her" for christmas.

18. Chewbracca

Chewbracca Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 21, 2002
    Oh, Jeremy is just a slacker, I think he may have went hunting, not sure, haven't talked to him!!! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.