main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN AOTC w/ Digital Projection - ROAD TRIP

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by YodaOnMyLeg, May 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    Ok everybody, I am going to start making plans for a road trip to see AOTC in digital. According to what I have been reading, it will have extra footage, not seen in the standard release. Besides, it looks absolutely awesome!

I did some research and here are the closest DLP theatres.

1. Showcase Cinemas Springdale - Springdale, OH (about 2 hrs, just North of Cincy)

2. Crown Village Crossings 18 - Skokie, IL (about 2 hrs, 45 min)

3. Loews Streets of Woodfield - Woodfield, IL (about 3 hrs)

Being from Chicago, I know my way around the Windy City so we could make a day of it. Although, a quick ride to Ohio would work for me too.

Any thoughts on when and where are very welcome.

Who's with me?!?!

2. theWOOK

theWOOK Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    Sounds great!!!

I would be in, depending on the day, of course.

3. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    I would be interested as well! Might be able to get some friends of mine from the Quad Cities to meet up with us. Of course dependent on the dates etc. I know the_dark_snack and Beldar are planning something as well. We could try and coordinate it with Chicago Force if we go to IL.

4. yodafett_77

yodafett_77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2001
    I must say this sounds very workable... again depending on the day of course... Chi-town would be best for me, seeing that I would be driving just as far over to you guys as if I went straight there to meet you...

5. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    I'm in lets do it Saturday the 18th cuz I'm off that weekend.

6. YodaOnMyLeg

Jun 10, 2001
    The 18th would be good for me, but we would have to see a later show. I have baseball practice (usually around 10am) that day. If we left around 1pm and saw a 7pm show that would work.

7. SkylaFett

Dec 6, 2001
    I'm all for it. Jump on the wagon. Time is precious so start posting.

8. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    I can't go on the 18th, personally, because of the costume event that day. But don't stop your plans for me ;)

9. Croda

Croda Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    I'm planning on going Sunday afternoon to Cincinnati to see it but have not confirmed that it's actually playing in digital. It will be just a there and back trip to see the movie if anybody wants to go that can't go to Chicago Saturday. Also, I'll probably be going the following weekend with some friends that can't go the first weekend. I need to call and confirm that they have it in digital. I will call them today unless you already have. If so which time is digital? They are staggered a half hour apart. Else I'll look into the other cities you mentioned.

10. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    I don't know if any other St. Louisans would be up for this, but I'd love to meet up w/ y'all if you choose Chicago. Cinci'd be a little too far for me. Unfortunately, I can't do it on the w/e of the 18th. My hubby's in a play that w/e, and I am the semi-official videographer. I'll continue keeping an eye out on the forum here in case you decide on a different w/e.

Shara, you have friend in the QCs? I was born in Davenport, my mom lives in East Moline, and I have tons of extended family there. That w/e in March that I came to your mtg we were coming from there actually.

11. theWOOK

theWOOK Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    Saturday sounds great. Could I get a ride with you Yoda... My car might get us half way there.

Thanks

12. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    Yeah Steph! Did you see that 6'2" Episode II Obi-Wan I hung out with some at C2? He and his brother are from E. Moline. I'd love to meet up with you somewhere to see Episode II in IL.

13. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Just FYI: There is also DLP at the McClurg Court Theater in downtown Chicago. The address is 330 Ohio Street, just East of the Mag. Mile. so it's closer than both Skokie or Streets of Woodfield. Parking sucks, but McClurg reportedly has one of the best sound systems in Illinois.

~H~

14. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    So those of us wanting to go to IL, when do you want to go? The earliest I could possibly go is Sunday, May 19.

Edit: Actually Saturday might be an option, I've just got to be at Clearwater Crossing until about Noon, so I'd prefer sunday :D

15. SkylaFett

Dec 6, 2001
    I could go then too but I would have to come back that night because Keyt has school.

16. YodaOnMyLeg

Jun 10, 2001
    Sunday is bad for me...I have a baseball game. Maybe it would be better to plan for a different weekend or a Friday night, since tickets for this weekend may be sold out already anyway.

Just a thought...

17. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    That's cool with me. My weekend until about 8 or 9 are pretty open since the bf is working everyday this month. How about next Saturday? I would have to come back that day though cause I'm taking care of my parent's dogs all next week starting Friday.

18. YodaOnMyLeg

Jun 10, 2001
    DOH...Next saturday is bad for me. This is getting harder than I thought. If we do not do it this saturday, then the next time that I could go is Fri. May 31 or Sat. Jun 1.

19. The_Dark_Snack

The_Dark_Snack Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    The only time that John and I can go are May 25th and June 8th. If we can't get a group together, we'll just go on our own.

20. Shara

Dec 4, 2000
    The 25th would be ok for me. The last weekend in May would be ok as well. I'd rather do it sooner than later....but lets see when other people are available and I'll only go if jedigal and my buddies from IL can go on that date too.

So are be going to Chicago, I take it?

21. padawan_schlicher

padawan_schlicher Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Hey, Cincy fanforce member here! We don't have any "official" viewings up at springdale slated yet. Maybe we can come up with some mass viewing with a combined ciny/indy fanforce. We were originally planning a big party at laserweb which is like 5 minutes from the digital theater, but that fell through. Perhaps we can start planning a similar event for mid June and you all can make a day of it.

Just some thoughts to start kicking around back in Indy (my hometown). so be kicking and kick some back our way and we'll see what we can come up with!

22. LovelyLotus

LovelyLotus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Hey taking up the lead of Padawan, and saying, yeah, if you guys want to come out, and join up with us, please do! We'd be happy to try and plan a mass showing. If you guys are planning around trip same night, maybe dinner before, then the movie? Springdale is pretty dead on Sundays so that would be a good thing. I'll keep checking in, and seeing the plans if you don't mind us joinin' up with you!

Thanks!
    Lotus!

EDIT: Also, we're still trying to conformation on a digital showing at Springdale. I've been outta the loop working for the past four days, folks on my board may know quicker than I. But from what we heard we wouldn't know till today any how. I'll let you know, enless you guys found out before us. :) In that, I wouldn't be suprised.

23. DarthStew

DarthStew Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 26, 2002
    Another QueenCity Force member here. I can CONFIRM that Springdale has recieved their digital copy and are currently selling tickets. I went there last night (May 13) and exchanged all of my tickets for new ones in the digital theater.

AOTC digital at Springdale!

24. Croda

Croda Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2002
    Just bought tickets for Springdale for the weekend. Thanks for the good info QueenCity Fanforce!!!

25. Mos_Eisleian_Radio

Mos_Eisleian_Radio Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2000
    If you come out to Chicago, I'd recommend also seeing A Song Time Ago, a musical spoof of the Star Wars Saga, Spider-Man, Harry Potter, and Lord of the Rings. It's playing at the ImprovOlympic at 3541 N. Clark Street, Fridays and Saturdays at 10:30 P.M. Chicago Force has plans to attend the evenings of May 24 and 25 with our t-shirts and charity drawing tickets being on sale, all proceeds going to Hull House. For more information on the play, check out this page. Stephanie "soulcoughing" McCullough is the musical director and is also one of Chicago Force's founders. They did The Fandom Menace back in 1999 which was just hilarious.

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.