main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA AoY's Second Wind

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JoeSunrider, Feb 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I had just about given up hope, but due to fan demand and the fact we wanna finish, Mattes and I are trying our darndest to work this out so it gets done. It's gonna require some tricks, but I think we can do it. LDV, a lot of this is riding on you, so are you still in?

2. crutag-ventor

crutag-ventor Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    I only give you a hard time to keep you motivated! ;) I really want to see this film finished and not go into the abyss. I would love to show both films together, I have another friend that has a small fanfilm, and we can have a big primer party out of this. It would be fun! :D

3. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Mattes and I are trying really hard to get this back off the ground, but it really isn't in our hands. We have 3 people that this is relying on, and one is LDV. We need him for a few more shots and then he'll be done.

4. MattesKrymsod

MattesKrymsod Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 14, 2002
    It really started last week when I was trying to make room for Essence footage on my computer. I had to delete some non-needed footage from AoY (mostly old screen tests). Then I watched the first scene and realized, AoY is something special. I compared it to other FanFilms out there and in my mind I knew that this is completely different from any other film I know. There are no Sith, no battles in the forest, and no constant saber dueling.
    It's not really ABOUT Jedi but really about how they become Jedi and what kind of people grow to be Jedi. (Insert Giddy Koo here)
    So I started rework on some scenes like the TextCrawl (that is extremely perfect might I add) and a CG shot on Bespin at a spaceport (which is Rendering as we speak on my other computer). And Joe and I were talking last night about what we need done so I through together a "To Do list" much like what we're used to from our old newspaper days. What pages are still needed to be layed out and such. To my surprise, a lot of them (I think half or more than half) have the "Ready to Zip" status which means...yeah, it's ready to turn and burn (CD burner, get it? HAH!)
    All that's left is a few inserted scenes and that darned long awaited incredibly anticipated battle of student vs student or if that doesn't go through, then a very very incredible surprise fight. (Deerrr, what'd he say, Cledus?)
    Okay, so, I know I talked to you briefly, Devin, but...there it is.
    Wish us luck everyone. But without our actor's support, this movie is still far from finished.

May the Force be with us.

5. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, two of the three actors have given us their ok. LDV, you're it, man. You still in?

6. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    joe, man if you need extra help just ask me.

7. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Hey, we need some background extras for a spaceport scene, so if anyone wants to send us some footage of them in front of a greenscreen (please, no Jedi clothes... ruins continuity) feel free to do so!

8. sacul-1138

sacul-1138 Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 9, 2000
    Let me know in advance and I'll do some extra work. Tell me what I'd need to wear. (sure nude scenes are fun...but sometimes they just don't fit into EVERY film...go figure)

9. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i'm down with beeing an intergalactic streeker. i have somthing in mind i could wear

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Yo Joe

relax bro. Mattes already went over the 411 with me. I am still in. Just let me know when this is all gonna go down. I need time to grow the beard back

11. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Erg, we were gonna try for this week, but I guess we can put your scenes off. It pretty much changes week to week due to work schedules. We'll keep you posted.

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    [face_shocked] No one mentionded to me anything about next week. Last I heard, it was still up in the air.

13. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, next Saturday is a day when we're gonna film whatever we can with whoever shows up. You don't have to be there, but it'll be cool if you did. It really doesn't hurt us if you don't, so don't feel pressured.

14. MattesKrymsod

Jul 14, 2002
    My work list is finished. After 3 days, 72 hours, of working pretty much non-stop, my list is finished.

Now I get vacation until Saturday! :-D

But, people, omg, like, omg, scene 12...omg.......oooooooommmmmmmggg....this movie's gunna rock.

15. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Is Scene 12 the one with the things, and then I do that thing with my lightthing? If it is...

*drool*

16. MattesKrymsod

Jul 14, 2002
    No, scene 12 is where the Emperor sends his Sith people to the forest and we attack the 2 Sith with thier double-bladed sabers and then I fight with two sabers and you do a bunch of kung-fu moves. It's great, but I think the Duel of the Fates music adds to the scene perfectly. W00t!

17. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    :eek: :eek: :eek: That is awesome! What a grate idea! I can?t wait to see it!

On a side note you could shoot all of LDV parts of him from behind, and maybe one or two from the front if you get the lighting right and pull his hood over his face. Problem solved no need to worry about the beard!

You can thank me later! ;)

BTW I was able to help out on American Pie 3 American Wedding this weekend down in Half Moon Bay at the Ritz! Talk about disorganized. They were so messed up it made AOY production look good. :p

18. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    First off: You got to help with American Pie 3? That is SO COOL!

Second: Why you little...!

19. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    It?s cool to have connections! I got to meet some of the principle actors, hear some big time gossip, and stand around in the background on some ?establishing? shots. The parts being shot are for the wedding. It was a small intimate setting with very few extras. Lots of trailers filled with cool stuff. They exclusively booked the entire hotel this week. I was asked to stay and help through Wednesday, but I am to busy here at work, plus I am still a little sick. If you are in the mood for a road trip drive down to the Ritz hotel and have breakfast. For 25$ they have the best all you can eat and you can see them working on the movie. Just dress nice, act rich, stay out of the way, and don?t take a camera and you could fit right in. I even bumped into Roger Ebert. BTW rooms start at $450.00 a night.

20. MattesKrymsod

Jul 14, 2002
    Crutag, I hope you didn't take my last post too literally :)

I'll just keep with my original description of scene 12: "oooooooommmmmmmmgggggg!!!"

21. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
  22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Hey now!! It won't take that long to grow the beard back!

23. crutag-ventor

Jan 29, 2002
    Are you almost done?

24. MattesKrymsod

Jul 14, 2002
    I wish, Eric...Oh so do I wish...

25. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    STUPID FREAKIN' ACTORS!