main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ornen, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    IC:

"But Lords, the fleet you have given me is large enough to take out most of the core, and with no government in control after i destroy the capital, it will be esier fro you to gain followers. Do not worry about the rim, i have left a sizeable force there to respond to any threat. Come, let me have my mission of conquest, let me destroy their capital and leave them no government, le the chaos that spawns bring you more followers day after day, trust me in this my lords, i shall not fail!"

TAG Ornen (Actually Ornen, the fleet you described to me IS bigger than the entierty of what the New Repbulic could throw at me, even if they brought every ship they had to attack me. Look at the NJO for proof.)

2. Coota

Coota Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2002
    ((Gorin: The fleet sizes in the NJO and Star Wars in general change at author convenience. In The Black Fleet Trilogy, the New Republic had multiple 'fleets' up to and even past the fifth fleet that the action focuses on. When an author has more military knowledge, they organize the fleets and sizes better, when they don't they don't. And he said you had one fleet, not multiple fleets; and he said that the ships filled your field of vision from your viewport. Maybe it's a thousand ships, at best. One NR fleet contains a few hundred, and there are several fleets; early warning systems that would detect the massive movement in hyperspace towards Coruscant would give them plenty of time to move several fleets to the capital world, just in case. Not to mention that multiple high ranking officials in the New Republic are probably already possessed by demons. If you just show up and attack, the rest of the populace will *know* there's a demonic force bent on conquering the galaxy and will resist. They're trying to get in *quietly* so that they can take the galaxy without any resistance. If you show up with a thousand ships, you'll screw up their plans, and everyone in the galaxy will arrange fleets to rape your fleet just on general principle. Even the Hutts don't think its good for business if someone just shows up and annihilates the galactic capital. Attacking outright is just stupid; this is a campaign of quiet, subtle maneuvers. Blowing a lot of stuff up with a huge fleet would foil the plans of whichever side attempted it. Hell, I'm willing to bet that if you *did* attack Coruscant, the demons would disown you and use you as a scapegoat in their campaign to gain control over the galaxy quality. If one of their possessed was the one to destroy your fleet, or gain credit for it, they'd be in like flint. So whatever you do(if you pursue this course) you're screwed. Just my opinion, plus I think that vast fleet movements and overwhelming force is just kind of silly, and not at all fun: it's much more fun to have the combat between good and evil be subtle and behind the scenes.))

3. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    OOC:
    No, i mean the flet he PM'ed me, and trust me, with the fleet numbers he Pm'ed me and the ship strength i jhave more ships than the NR can put together in any short period of time.

Not to mention, my ships are unusual, but how is the average citizen going to know they are demoinic? It's not like i have comms screaming out "I Am a demonic task force."

Plus, when you don';t have to hold territory, and all you want to do is annihalate, it's easy to escape into the void and never be heard from again. I've thought this out, ploted it from many angles, and there is very little wrong with my plan. Destroy the galactic captial and the government with it, you shatter the order of the galaxy and without order, forces of Evil and chaos will find it much esier to find people who just want someone to order their lives and protect them, namely, the demons.

4. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    OOC: You're forgetting one thing, and that's that the second the Demons come into the foreground, so do the Angels. You show your hand early, so do they. I don't think anybody wants that. Besides, you said in your post that they were obviously demonic; I mean, look at the Shivans in Freespace. The second they showed up, two races that had been fighting each other for *decades* decided that it might be better to band together than be completely annihilated.

The second you strike, everybody in the galaxy will band together to search you out and destroy you. The New Republic military, as it is highly mobile, will declare martial law, making it easier for them to move troops without a democracy slowing them up. If there are demons *in* the New Republic military, maybe you're ok. But by destroying Coruscant, you're destroying one of the New Republics chief handicaps, the squabbling senate. You're almost doing them a favor.

I'm telling you, the demons are setting you up. The second you pull this off, one of them will say "hey, if one of our guys destroy this guy, we'll be the saviors of the galaxy! Rockin!" That might be your plan, in which case godspeed, but this seems like a good way to get killed quickly to me.

5. The_Dark_Overlord

The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Name:Deci
    Height: 190 cm
    Weight: 85 gk
    Species: Human
    Home Planet: Coruscant
    Mortal Affilation: Angel
    Immortal Affilation: Extremly Good
    Physical description: Golden Hair, sea blue eyes, well trained, charismatic. Almost white skin.
    Mental/Emotional/personal description: All loving. Calm, friendly.
    Personal history: Deci was just an ordinary man, working as a cabdriver on coruscant, untill the angel took place within him.

IC:

Deci stood at some street on coruscant.Working, or well.. atleast he looked like working. Standing there beside his Cab. Actually. he was looking at all the pretty girls that whent by.
    "Hey! Taxi!"
    Deci turned around and smiled. "Ofcourse"
    He opened the door and an old lady climbed in.
    Deci whent to the other side and climbed in the drivers seat.
    "Where to?"
    The old lady said some adress and Deci lifted up the cab, smoothly and joined the trafic above.
    After 10 minutes or so, they reached the adress.
    He got out of the cab and opened the door so that the old lady could get out.
    "Thank you, here's what I owe (sp?) you"
    Deci smiled and took the money, the old lady walked away.

"Hnnngh!" Deci fell down on the ground.
    Some extreeme pain in his stumich, heart, lugns.. everywhere.
    He crawled up on the cab, but was thrown down on the ground again.
    Laying on his back, Deci could see up in the air.. something was mooving towards him.
    "What the.."
    He realized that he had almost gone over to the other side.. or.. well, he was almost dead anyhow.
    "Halucinations" he thought to himselfe, and started to fight back the extreeme pain. And then he died.

Several hours later
    "Are you allright young man?"
    The old lady stood bent over him.
    He opened his eyes, the world seemed so mutch lighter than before.
    "Uhm yea.. I think.. so"
    Deci looked at the old lady, somehow.. he could hear what she was thinking.. or..could he?
    The old lady helped him up.
    He felt, refreshed.
    "Well, Im going now.. hope you feel okay"
    The old lady walked away.
    "Uhm.. yea.. thanks"
    Deci opened a door to the cab and sat down.
    Looking at his hands.

And a feel of ease and love flowed thruw the galaxy, everyone could feel it. Most of the people could not understand what it was, it only lasted for a moment or two. But for those who could.. They were either joyed of it, or angered by it.

Deci looked in the mirror in the cab.
    His hair seemed to glow, and those deep crystal sea blue eyes.. no, this couldn't be right.. He was dying.. from what, he did not know. But, he died!

TAG Ornen, All

6. corellian_chic242

corellian_chic242 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 17, 2003
    OOC: "Your kind of girl?" [face_mischief] 8-}

IC: Xarre looked back to see the cab driver and the young woman following her. She began counting the intervals between the blaster shots, carefully timing her assault.

At the precise time, she jumped up from behind a table, spraying blaster fire over the other end of the bar. "Get her out!" she yelled to Slaiden.

tag: coota, crystalrain

7. Coota

Nov 2, 2002
    Jaiden didn't need to be told twice. He grabbed the somewhat stunned young girl in his arms, mumbled an apology, and dodged out through the exit even as blaster fire followed. He burst through the exit at full speed and kept running until he had hit an area with plenty of cover. As soon as he was sure she'd be safe, he placed the girl down on the ground, then turned back to the bar to cover the woman who had been helping him.

TAG: CorellianChic, CrystalRain

8. Mirax-Jade

Mirax-Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2003
    OOC: hmm...I knew that!

IC:
    Selia ducked under the table, reaching reflectivly for a blaster, realising she left it at her apartment...no weapons on campus. "Who are these guys?!"

9. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    OOC:Because this is such a new idea, I have decided to post something every page on a certain subject so that people will have a better understanding of something about the RP. If you have an idea for a topic, or something that needs to be addressed, post it here or PM me.

Sorry for forgetting the last page's topic. Extras today.

Today's topics are...
    The Taking
    The taking process is the process in which a person (or alien) joins whichever side they ally themselves with. It can be done in numerous ways. I will detail some.

Demons and the Taking
    The demons begin the taking process by making their victim think that there is something there for them. They make it feel the demonic presence, and this incites fear in them. Eventually, they begin to grow sorrowful and lose hope; it is at this time that the demon begins the next stage of the process. The demon presents them with two options; either they accept the demon, and join it; or they will not accept it. The demons will lure their victim into acceptance by presenting them with various forms of power; perhaps skills or muscles or brains or charm or a combination of these, maybe something else. It will also threaten the victim into accepting, often by bringing the victim close to death, or bringing fear into the victim's mind. For example, the victim might be going on a ride in a ship, and the demon will make them think that the ship shall crash. They will begin to pray to the demon for acceptance so that this event does not happen, even if the event probably won't happen anyway.

The demon doesn't directly give them the choice; but overtime the victim shall come to accept the demon. There is practically no stopping this acceptance; and once the victim has totally accepted it is, indeed, over for them. They will probably become great in their mortal life, but upon death they will join the demon and become a demon themselves, and they forever owe their souls to the devil/Grand Master of Darkness, doing whatever deeds he may wish them to do.

Angels and the Taking
    Angels take a slightly different approach. They do not threaten their 'victim' at all, instead promising him that what he/she is doing is the right thing. People often join just to do the right thing, but some instead join for benefits, such as the fact that upon death they shall become an angel instead of a demon, thus living a much more fulfilling afterlife.

Our next topic is...
    Immortality and Death
    Upon death, you shall join whichever force you are allied to. I shall explain more below. Followers of both sides do multiple deeds in their afterlife. They can take the souls of others, in the Taking process described above. They can also assist in the immortal front of the war, described below.

The Immortal Front
    This war is fought on two fronts, the mortal one and the immortal one. The duties of the immortals would be to earn followers, all the while preventing the enemy from doing so. This may sound simple, but it can get quite complicated. An immortal can not directly impact the mortal world, and must do so through their followers. Followers are captured in the taking process which I have described earlier. The immortals, however, do more than simply gain souls. They must also prevent the enemy from doing so. This can be done by keeping the enemy out of areas of the galaxy, defeating the enemy in combat, capturing the enemy's followers (which takes much longer than taking a neutral person), and anything else that you can think of.

. . . . .

On another note, I would like to comment that Coota is right. Gorin, I would really not suggest doing your actions, as if you do it would cripple the demonic forces considerably.

IC:(Relar Mambitien)
    "Looks like criminals and government agents fighting. Let's leave!" The two dashed out of the bar, as blaster bolts flew behind them.

10. cavalier_one

cavalier_one Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2001
    Coruscant Medical Hospital

A world of dreams. Images flickering. Noise, harsh and white. A remembered past, a forgotten present.

Erias Delmion lay on the bed, monitors hooked into his body, monitoring the functions of life. His right leg was bound from ankle to knee in a cast, bacta patches covered most of his wounds. His hair had been shaven to the scalp on the right side of his forehead, and red lines, recently healed cuts, ran down in jagged lines to his chin.

Two doctors stood by the bed, going over charts and reports.

"He's lucky to be alive. Massive injuries on this scale . . ."

"I know. Amazing will to live. Kept babbling all the time. Something about a danger . . . had to get back and tell . . . someone, I guess. Pronanly flashing back to whatever it was that did this to him."

"Anyone know what?"

"Hah! Command tell us anything? It was a minor miracle getting them to tell us it wasn't some new weapon testing."

More images, swimming to the surface. X-wings, criss-crossing in the inky blackness of space . . .

"Squadron, come to two-four-eight. Picking up something on long range - comparable to a cruiser analog, high nimber of starfighter contacts. They're heading this way . . . firing!"

"Break left, break left!!"

"Watch it, Seven, he's right on you . . ."

"Get him off me, Eight!"

"Scissor right! Scissor right!"

"Ten and Eleven are gone! Nine, watch my-arrrgggggh!"

"Nine? Nine?"

"He's gone! Watch out - squad breaking to flank! After them!"

"Move, Cavaliers-"

"MOVE!!"

Delmion lurched upright, eyes wild, staring at everything and nothing. The doctors rushed to him, gently lowering Delmion back onto the bed. Delmion, wide-eyed but awake, still saw the X-wings criss-crossing across his sight.

"Colonel? Can you hear me?"

Delmion heard, but didn't listen. He nodded on reflex, then closed his eyes to block out the fighters as they blossomed in red balls of death.

11. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Selia slumped up against a wall. "Woah. That was freaky...what were they shooting at?"

12. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    (Relar Mambitien)
    "Probably just some common criminals. Common in big cities."

13. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Selia nodded. "What now?"

14. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    "I dunno. Anywhere you wanna go?"

15. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Selia looked around. "I guess I better get back to my apartment sometime soon..."

16. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    (Relar Mambitien)
    "Okay. See you tomorrow."

17. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Selia started to walk away, but stopped. "Hey,can I have your comm number in case something happens?"

18. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    "All right. 273/4987/45810. What's yours?" He said, giving her time to record it.

19. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Selia copied it onto her datapad and quickly gave Relar hers. "524/7895/75462. Thanks."

20. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    "Goodbye," Relar turned and walked the other way, on his way back to where he slept.

21. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I am sorry to interrupt your current game, but another member has brought it to my attention, that I mis-placed a word. The word is ?Besiege? and it means to basically not keep me informed in which is the opposite of what I asked. The word I meant was ?beseech? [face_laugh] now I feel bad?Sorry for my mis-communication :) .
    Your Pal,
    Stridarious

22. Mirax-Jade

Mar 7, 2003
    Selia walked back to her apartment and sat down on her couch. Flitteren, her pitten came and sat in her lap. She shivered, feeling a devout sense of darkness settle on her. "Go away you stupid demons." she whispered.

23. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    Relar quickly went to bed, as it was getting late. He had grown to accept the demon, simply because it was the only option. There's no avoiding it... He thought to himself. That's the demon talking!He thought, realizing that it was simply toying with his brain, making him accept. Silently, he hated the demon. Hated all of it. Hated it.

24. Gorin_Zachian

May 13, 2002
    IC:

Something suddenly shifted, but Bahall wasen't sure what. Something was wrong, he could sense it, something had changed and, while this was not unusual for the forces of Chaos and evil, it felt wrong to Bahall.

At his next Hyperspace jump he found out what.

His fleet dropped out, right back where they had started. His fleet had also lost a considerable amount of firepower. Banging his fist against the wall it began to bleed, bleed the Red hot fury of his anger, and he began to dribble this like-lava substance onto the fleet and the slave before him. The slave screamed again, the horriable, wretching scream of a man in pain, in pain that never abated, that only spiked, and pain that the man knew would go on till he finnaly died, something the demon did not seemed inclined to do for him.

He grabbed the whip and, in his anger, lashed out again and again at the slave, though the slave barely felt it any morehis back was a pool of blood and scalded skin and destroyed nerves, from Bahalls demon blood.

Bahall began to pace, his anger still seething, his bloody fist still dripping the lava-like blood onto the floor.

Why do they thwart me? Why?! jhe yelled at himself. I was this close to having my revenge, THIS CLOSE! andthey snatch it away. Damn them, Damn them all! he yelled.

"Ahh, but Bahall, we're all already dammned." a voice said from the shadow.

"You!" his voice slithered out of his mouth like a snake, full of malice and hatred. "Why do you thwart me, why do you deny me my revenge."

"Why did we deny you food, water, clothing, or even your very life for a time? Becuse Bahall, you have sold your life to us, and so you will live it in torture, pain and denial. only when you serve us will that torture end, and what you are attempting to do does not serve us."

"You... You... DIE!" he yelled, and swung his massive fist, still trailing blood of fire. It went rioght for the man's chest and.... passed right though it.

His anger raged, and he turned around. The slave cowered in fear, but saw the light at the end of the tunnel for him as Bahall came on. He smiled, just before the demon tore off his limbs and snapped his neck. The slaves last memoried were of the blissful awareness that it would all end, that his penance was done, that he could move on to the realm of the dead, and be free from life.

Bahall's rage stormed thoughtout the ship, dark force storms gathered around it, fore lighting crackled and flared, and the sotrms moved with unnatural speed, it seemed they could move though hyperspace itself, as they felw from the ship to go and consume and destroy worlds, as they moved to destroy to abate Bahall's wrath.

The shadowy figure stood silent though it all, unfazed by the fist that had passed though him, un-impressed with the slaves sudden brutal death, un-careing of the force storms Bahall had sent out to ravage worlds. No-one but Jedi would know that they were not un-usual scientific phenomena, no one would guess demoinc influence.

Bahall beat at the slaves dead and mutiliated corpse, rent it asunder, sent blood flying and coating the chamber. Slowly, ever so slowly, Bahall's rage left him, and he re-gained a measure of self-control. He rose from the pool of blood, dripping as if he had stepped out of a pool. He was breathing seepyl as he turned back to the shadowy figure.

"Are you done?" is all the figure asked.

"Give me your will, send me to do something, something active, something stright forward, something not so vauge as 'defend the rim', something where I can replace my slave here," he pointed at the mutiliated body, "With a multitude of others. I do your will here, i am strong, make me do something productive, rather than sit here and brood on my hatred of you and your entire race."

TAG: Ornen

25. Ornen

Feb 22, 2003
    (Grand Master of Darkness)
    "Secure the rim. Our threat... They have gotten inside the galaxy. I can sense them... They are hiding in the rim. Find them. Find them, and destroy them."

(Relar Mambitien)
    Relar awoke from the dream. It was an odd type of dream; in fact, Relar felt that it was more than a dream. A message.

Like most dreams, it was hard to remember, but he remembered flashing images. A ship. A divine presence. A city among the clouds. A word. Bespin.

He got reached for a commlink, and he searched for Selia's number. He found it and dialed it in. Selia's commlink beeped once. Twice. It was early morning; Relar sighed. A third time. A fourth time. Relar got a message. He was about to give a message when Selia picked up. "Hello, this is Relar," he said into the phone, "There may be hope."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.