1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Apocalypse

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Ornen, Mar 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coota Jedi Master

star 4
    ((Coronet City is the capital of Corellia, right?))

After a few hours trying to get food to stay down in Xarre's stomach, the pair were off to the spaceport. It was latenight now, and Coronet City gleamed in the darkness. As they drove through the airlanes of the city, Slaiden cursed.

"Damn, we're gonna be out of town for a while. I better drop by that girl's dorm and give her a number to call or something if she gets into any trouble."

Xarre just groaned, rolled, and fell back asleep in the back of the cab.

Slaiden grinned slightly and took the cab off towards the university. About twenty minutes later they were on the campus, a few hundred meters away from Sera's dorm. Slaiden got out, leaving Xarre to continue to sleep off her hangover. He walked towards the dorm, then slowed down as he noticed three parked hover cars outside. They were clearly New Republic, and four soldiers outside of the vehicles confirmed that.

A moment later, he saw them bringing out a dazed Serafina in stuncuffs. He walked forward, glad to have the comforting weight of his dual blaster pistols under his armpits. The dual shoulder holster was covered by a loose fitting plaid button up overshirt that he had left hanging open, but was closed enough to hide the pistols.

He jogged up to the soldiers and asked, "Um, I'm a friend of the girl's; what are you doing with her?"

"She's a material witness in a shooting today," an officer replied harshly. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"

"Actually, yes, and I think I outrank you, Lieutenant," Slaiden replied, showing him his now renewed NR electronic ID.

The Lieutenant looked at him coldly. "I'm sure our orders override yours, Major. They're from very far up."

"Mine are from Cracken. I believe New Republic Intelligence agents override any Fleet or Army personnel."

The Lieutenant narrowed his eyes. "I'm sure we could discuss this down at the station..."

The glimmer of movement caught Slaiden's eyes; the two soldiers leveling their blasters at him were down before they could even pull the trigger. Slaiden was behind the Lieutenant with his blasted against the man's forehead a moment later. The other soldiers kept their blasters raised, but looked uncertain.

"Drop your weapons and release the girl. I don't know who you are, but you aren't NR. Any false moves, and you all die."

"On the contrary," the lieutenant replied quietly, "We are working for the New Republic. For forces that will guarantee our government's position in the galaxy for millenia to come."

"Sure, that's what the Emperor said," Slaiden replied as one of the soldiers released the young university student.

The girl looked uncertain, as if she wanted to go inside for something. Slaiden shook his head. "No time to pack the luggage, kid. Come on."

Four stun bursts later and all the NR soldiers were on the ground; Serafina and Slaiden were already on their way to the cab.

TAG: CrystalRain
  2. The_Dark_Overlord Jedi Master

star 4
    Deci walked around on Bespin, he didn't have anywhere to stay. So, he just wandered the endless corridors.
    He loved this place, he didn't know why. But he loved. Just as he loved the cute doors.
    "Hey!" he thought tohimselfe.. "what am I realy thinking about.. cute doors.. there is something very wrong with me"

No it isn't.. it is time for you to start practise

"oh.. not you again.. you are just making me confused".

Go to the lower levels, there you will start your training

Deci made his way down to the lower levels and with the guidence of the vioce, he started to train.
  3. crystalrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Serafina rubbed her head, wincing as she noticed the small trickle of blood running down her forehead.

'Thanks... again' she said to Slaiden. 'Is that how the New Republic treats all its witnesses?' There was a definate hint of sarcasm in her voice. 'Barging into my room in the middle of the night, knocking me down and shooting me with one of those stun thingys'.

She paused and drew a shakey breath. 'What's going on?'

TAG: Coota
  4. Coota Jedi Master

star 4
    "Maybe they changed the regulations since I was in the service. C'mon, we're getting off planet."

He motioned her into the cab, where she sat next to the soundly sleeping Xarre.

"Don't jostle our pilot too much; she's the one who's going to fly us off of this place."

After making sure Serafina was in, Slaiden hit the gas and took the aircab towards the spaceport. They'd be there in minutes, and hopefully spaceborne soon after.
  5. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Xarre stirred as Serafina slid into the cab next to her. She blinked a few times and sat up. "Alright. My ship is the Red Dawn." She told Slaiden where the freighter was berthed.

tag: crystalrain and coota
  6. Coota Jedi Master

star 4
    Slaiden's aircab pulled into a secure parking lot about a kilometer from the docking slip. To silence any complaints, he explained, "Hey, if something goes wrong, I'm gonna need my job back here again. I don't want my baby stolen while I'm gone. C'mon; we should get there before anything else goes wrong, or anybody else shoots at us."

They headed off at a brisk pace to the docking slip, and soon arrived without any difficulties.

"Nice ship," Slaiden observed.
  7. crystalrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Slaiden and Serafina turned to find Xarre slumped on the floor. Serafina checked she was OK, before shaking her head slightly and setting Xarre back on her feat. Slaiden and Serafina followed her into the Red Dawn.
  8. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Xarre grinned sheepishly. "Thanks, Sera." She turned to Slaiden. "Yeah, she's beautiful, ain't she? Got here a few years back..."

She pressed a small button on her belt and the boarding ramp came down with a hiss. "Welcome aboard the Red Dawn. Please refrain from smoking and do not spill anything on the upholstery. Thank you for flying Saper Spaceways." She smiled as she led them up into the ship.

tag: coota and crystalrain
  9. crystalrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Serafina looked around, taking in the neat, but lived-in apperance of the ship. There were plenty of gagets around that she was very curious about, but she decided to settle for asking important questions first.
    'So, where are we going?'

Tag: corillian_chick, Coota
  10. Coota Jedi Master

star 4
    "We're headed to Vontor Station, on the Sisar Run; it's an old Hutt stronghold, most famous for the Three Battles of Vontor during the Xim period. These days it's just famous for being a good neutral meeting point for smugglers, bounty hunters, what have you," Slaiden explained to Serafina, as they entered the transport, closing the ramp behind them.

Xarre had already gone to the cockpit and begun working on the preflight; they would be in space in minutes, provided the tower cooperated.

"It's not the safest place, but it doesn't seem like any place is very safe right now. I'm supposed to meet someone there who can make some sense out of what's going on right now in the galaxy. Or something."

He walked over to the cabins, tossed his duffle bag on the bottom bunk, and then walked back to the common area.

"What say we head up to the cockpit and join Xarre for the launch?"

TAG: Crystalrain, Corellian_Chic
  11. crystalrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Serafina nodded. 'Sounds fine to me'.
  12. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Xarre had just gotten clearance to launch as Slaiden and Serafina entered the cockpit. "You guys might want to strap in. My take-offs are kind of... rough." An impish grin spread across her face.

tag: coota and crystalrain
  13. crystalrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Serafina quickly took the advice and strapped in. This was only her third ever space flight, and they still made her a little nervous.
  14. Coota Jedi Master

star 4
    Slaiden grinned and strapped into the copilots seat in the cockpit. "Ah, this brings back fond memories," he stated.

TAG: Whoever

OOC Note: It seems like everyone, including the GM, has abandoned this, besides me, CorChic and CrystalRain. Is anyone else still in on this?
  15. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Xarre grinned and hit the accelerator. The Red Dawn blasted into Corellia's sky, soon leaving the atmosphere and Corel's gravity shadow behind.

As the ship jumped into lightspeed, she turned to her passengers. "We've got a while, so you guys might want to get some sleep and a bite to eat."

tag: crystalrain and coota

OOC: yeah, I'm thinking its just us three. :(
  16. crystalrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Serafina yawned. 'Sleep sounds good' she said. 'Do you have any spare bunks on this ship?'

OOC: Looks like it's just us. Is is worth continuing with just us three, me wonders?
  17. Coota Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: I think so. I'd be willing to start GMing, if you two think you could find some more people.
  18. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    "Yeah, follow me." Xarre led Serafina to her quarters. "You can sleep in my room. Slaiden can sleep in the spare quarters and I'll sleep in the lounge."

tag: both of yous

OOC: Okay. I will scout around and see if I can recruit some peeps.
  19. Coota Jedi Master

star 4
    "Nah, you can take the spare quarters, Xarre. I'm more used to uncomfortable digs, myself. Wake me up whenever we arrive."

With that he removed his shirt, revealing the years of bacta healed scars and the muscles of a trained SpecOps soldier, and placed it at one end of the lounger. A moment later he was sprawled out and asleep. He'd long ago learned that sleep was the best way to get someplace faster.

TAG: Correllian Chic, CrystalRain
  20. crystalrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Serafina forund herself smiling slightly Slaiden and Xarre's understated courtesy. 'The spare quarters will be fine for me. Are they through here?'
  21. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Xarre smiled at Sera. "Yeah, they are right over there. Don't hesitate to call me if you need anything."

With that, she checked to make sure Slaiden was comfortable and went to her quarters. By instinct, the first thing she did was go to her liquor cabinet. After pulling out a bottle of Corellian ale, she poured herself a glass and sipped at it. She limited herself to one glass, though. It wouldn't due to get smashed right now.

She adjusted the temperature in her cabin and lay down on her bed. Within minutes, she was asleep.

tag: yous twos
  22. crystalrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Sera was already wearing nightclothes, so she didn't need to change. She flopped onto the narrow bunk and dropped straight off to sleep. She hoped these people knew what they were doing.

Tag: you two
  23. Coota Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Ornen gave me permission to GM until he isn't busy anymore. I guess I'll start moving along the overall plot, though it doesn't seem like that would matter much since everyone else but us is gone :)

IC:
    A few hours later, warning alarms blared; Xarre's starship was coming out of hyperspace. Slaiden woke himself and grinned slightly. Hutt space would be interesting, especially after all of these years. He entered the cockpit about the same time as Xarre stumbled in.

He placed himself in the copilots chair as she ran the standard checks and flipped the usual dials, readying to pull the lever to bring them out of the Big L. He smiled as he watched her work; she was good at what she did, despite her dependence on the bottle. Moments later, they dropped out of hyperspace, starlines reverting to stars.

Vontor station was as busy as Slaiden remembered it. Hundreds of transports and old starfighters sliced through space nearby, jumping in and out of the system as they traversed the famous "Sisar Run." The most obvious site in the system, though, despite the massive Vontor Station itself, was a large starliner tethered to the station. Printed clearly across its bow was the legend "Smooth Hyperlanes."

"Right on time," Slaiden mumbled, "That's the ship that's supposed to have my contact aboard."

Xarre brought her transport into the docking pattern; it would be several dozen minutes before it would be their turn to dock.

"So," Slaiden began, "Do you have any clothes for sleeping beauty back there? I don't want to leave her on the ship, even if it is going to be dangerous on the station. It doesn't seem like we should seperate."

TAG: CC
  24. corellian_chic242 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Xarre made a face. "I don't know; she's quite a bit smaller than me. I'll go check, though." She got up from the pilot's chair and headed aft.

Upon entering her cabin, she dug through her belongings, looking for something suitable. She finally found one of her old dress shirts, lavender in color, and a pair of nice black pants.

Grabbing a pair of boots and hoping they would fit, she went to the spare cabin. She shook Sera gently. "Hey. We're almost there; I've got some clothes for you."

tag: crystalrain
  25. crystalrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Sera stretched and opened her eyes. 'Thanks' she mumbled sleepily, accepting the proffered clothes. 'I'll change right away'. She waited until Xarre had gone before she changed into the clothes. They were much too big, but practical and comfortable, and by pulling the drawstring waist of the trousers tight and turning up the legs of the trousers and her sleeves, she was able to make them fit reasonably well. The boots were hoplessly big, so she put on her simple slip-on textile shoes she'd brought with her, hoping they didn't look too out of place. She re-braided her hair neatly and efficiently, then went to join the others in the cockpit.

Tag: Coota and CorillianChick
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.