1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Apocolypse: From Dust to Dust

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Wildwookiee, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: Oh sorry, messed up the weaponry and totals.

You're good to go then. You can type you're first post now.
  2. Barabel Jedi Knight

star 1
    The barabels and Noghri quickly jumped out of the way of the thermal detonators, not ready to make the same mistake that they made on Nar Shadda.

Around the other side of the cantina, the barabels and noghri had finished with the pirates, and were running around the building to reinforce their companions around back. Five of the barabels and five of the noghri had split off from the group and were on their way to prepare the ship.

Fade ordered his crew to reform again, and made another attack on the three humans. The barabels fired full-powered assault rifle bolts at the humans, bolts strong enough to tear a three-inch hole in an unprotected human. Pike led the noghri around the side to ambush the humans. Fifteen noghri leapt out of the shadows and through the thick rain, beating down the humans with stun clubs and leather saps. The adept alien hand reached for the blasters, vibroblades, and thermal detonators. The humans were completely surrounded, and the barabels ran in to reinforce the noghri.

BACK AT THE SHIP:

Jase, after several beatings, had been thrown back onto the metal board that served as a bed, and chained down with stuncuffs and chains.
  3. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:

Gorin sat at a small dingy bar somewhere on the outer rim, drinking a cup of Caf and just generally waking up. He had had a long night, working with some of his droids to get the ship back in tip top shape again. Now all he was doing was waiting for an employer. So he sat drinking his cap, coming up with what could be taken as a resume. He didn't know what he would do with it once it was done but when he finished his caf he filed it away on the data card and stood up and left the bar. He went quickly back to his ship and to the bridge, pulling up the data on his current location. He was at Tatooine and he had never been here before.
    "Boring little desert world isn't it?" he asked his droid.

The droid just kept working as gorin scanned the 'net for anything that would catch his intrest.

TAG: Baron, need something to do, will be back on later.
  4. Baron_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:

As the Noghri jumped from the rear, Derek pulled one of the pirates that got hit by a stun bolt and used him as a shield against the stun clubs.

Pyk rolled away from a club and pulled out his forcepike. He thrust it straight through a Noghri. He reached inside to pull out a blaster to find it gone. And he pulled out a another and fortunately it was still there. He fired kill bolts at the Noghri. He hit a few before being clubbed.

Derek with the body protecting him pulled out his vibroblade and threw it straight at a Barabels chest. He was killing them but he was going to be surrounded soon enough.

Suddenly the Divine Wind broke through the canopy and flew to Derek. He couldn't order it to open fire, but it's repulsorlifts were pointed down at the Barabels. The ramp opened and Derek jumped in. He signalled Pyk but found Pyk motionless on the ground. He took his seat and fired his laser cannons around Pyk.

TAG Barabel, RDG

As Gorin searche the net he found an ad that said:

Looking for smuggler to transport droid parts from Tatooine to Nar Shadda. Possible dangers. Pay is 20,000 credits. 2,000 up front, 18,000 at Nar Shadda. If you are willing meet at Lars Droid Factory in Mos Eisley.

TAG Gorin/>
  5. Animaster Jedi Master

star 4
    Varns was running away from the Barabels and Nogrhi and dodging laser fire as he was running to the Barabel's ship. He knew it was hopeless so he waved his hands hoping Derek would pick him up.
  6. Barabel Jedi Knight

star 1
    The barabels and noghri watched their prey escape into his ship. Two of the noghri jumped up on top of the ship, getting a grip and using a fusion cutter to open up the top.

The pirate tried to run away, but stopped and waved for the imp to pick him up. Before that could happen, the full wave of barabels and noghri crashed into the pirate, knocking him to the ground and beating him. They picked up their prize, and began running away from the clawcraft. As they scattered into the streets, the barabel's ship came over the city, firing at the clawcraft in an attempt to disable it.
  7. Baron_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:

The situation was grim, Derek would have to leave Pyk. Suddenly he heard a cutting sound on top off him. He immediately accelerated at top speed and pulled the stick to do a corkscrew. The Barabels couldn't possibly hold on at these speeds and fell, hitting the ground hard.

He checked his systems for damage. His sensor system was cut leaving him without telemetry. Fortunately his targeting computer was still online.

The Barabel freighter opened up on him with their lasers. Derek pulled his stick to make a run on the freighter. As his targeting reticle turned red, he fired two concussion missiles followed by another pair. After he passed the freighter he went straight up into the clouds.

TAG Barabel, RDG
  8. Barabel Jedi Knight

star 1
    The barabel's ship cloaked itself for less than a second, just enough time to break the targeting locks on the concussion missiles. The ship made a 90 degree turn strraight into the clouds, and began firing at the clawcraft with the lasers. The ship placed itself directly beneath the clawcraft, knowing that it would eventually come back down. No ship could enter deep space with its hull breached.

The barabel's lasers and quads continued to fire at the back of the fighter, wearing down the deflector sheilds and disabling the drives.

Down below, the barabels and noghri bound and gagged the surviving pirates and the young slicer, and began tending to the wounded.
  9. bterrik Force Ghost

star 4
    After emptying his third glass of a rather noxious liquid, Belivas turned to a com terminal and flipped it on. It sputtered to life.

He brought up the local ads, and didn't see anything worth his time, so he posted one for himself.

"Cargo/Passenger Transit Services Availible. Stock Light Freighter. Captain Reth Dallick. Ship: Deliverance. Comm freq. 32.58. 6552A"

He sent it into the classified sections, paid the nominal fee, and ordered another drink.

TAG: Fel, WW Looking for a a job and didn't want to interfere with Gorin's thing. I am in Chalmun's cantina on Tatooine. The last code is only one people with connections to smugglers understand. It indicates that I smuggle, and my ship is modifed to be more than a stock light freighter.
  10. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:

"Hmm... a little smuggleing work eh? Might be fun. Lets see pull up a map of Tatoinee for me plese R9."

The map poped up, showing Mos Eisly and then Lars. He packed a few things before going down to the surface. A Blaster with extra Packs, a few Thermal Detonators, and a com link for his ship. Though it he could give orders to his ship and even order and orbital bombardment, specific to the location.

He took his shuttle down and got proper clearance for landing. He walked off the pad and made his way to Lars, walking in and looking around.

TAG: Fel
  11. Baron_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    OOC: You can't place yourself just beneath my hull. My ship is faster than yours.

IC:

A few seconds before vacumm the warning bleeped on. Derek pushed the stick down hard and did a few loops and corkscrews to throw off the freighters aim.

He activated the ships autopilot and typed in commands for it to do random evasive maneuvers. He puled out a helmet and put it on his flight jacket, sealing it. He looked up at the breach and took out a bottle of hull plaster. He looked out at the freighter and thought he had enough time and was far enough ahead.

He took control and pointed the ship straight down and pulled all power from engines to shields. He got up from his seat and sprayed the contents of the bottle all over the breach until it was empty. In the cool air the materials hardened quickly.

Derek then put the power back into the engines and accelerated down through the storm clouds. He did a long loop to leave the planet.

TAG Barabel

Tatooine

An old Wookie by the name of Rrrwookroo look through the ads of the Holonet for a smuggler. One caught his eye becasue of a code at the end. He could be of use.

Rrrwookroo pulled out his commlink and called up the smugglers comm frequency. In highly accented basic he said, "Captain Reth Dallick, I hear you're looking for a job?"

TAG bterrik

Inside the factory is a long construction line with droids being built mostly by slaves. The droids that were built were of the utility type.

A protocol droid walked over to Gorin, "Good evening, how may the fine Lars Droid Factory be of service to you?"

TAG Gorin/>/>
  12. bterrik Force Ghost

star 4
    "You are correct, sir. If you would come down to Chalmun's cantina, or give me some place I can go, I would be willing to make a deal with you. Or we can use the comlink if you want."

13. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:

"Yes my good droid, could you inform the master of this facility that someone is here to see him?"

"What is the nature of your Visit?" the protocall asked.

"I'm here to discuss some business with him. I apologise for not having an apointment, i'm on rather short notice here."

14. Baron_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:

Rrwookroo looked at his chrono, "Meet me in Warehouse 17 in Mos Eisley, in two hours. There is a hangar attached to the warehouse, perhaps you may land your ship there?"

TAG bterrik

"Yes, master is waiting for someone," the droid said. "Follow me."

The droid led Gorin into an office where a man in his late - 40's greets you. "You're here for the ad, right?"

"Yes, sir," Gorin said.

"Good," the man said. He pulled out a datacard and gave it to Gorin. "The manifest's in there. Also my account number for the transaction."

Gorin puts the datacard into his datapad to read the manifest.

Manifest

Crate One
    -20 Salvage Droids
    -40 Powerdroids

Crate Two
    -10 Protocol droids
    -20 R2 Astromech Droids

Crate Three
    -(Unknown)

Deliver the goods to Thracken, Hangar 177, Warehouse District, Nar Shadda.

"So do you want the job?" the man asked.

TAG Gorin/>
  15. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4
    "Now this Crate 3.. it contains droids right?" Gorin asked

"Yes, of a certian kind." the man said.

"Fine, you send these parts to my ship, the Bird of Prey which is in orbit right now. I'll wait for their arrival and check to make sure that everything is there then depart for Nar Shadda. Now can i get a discription of this 'Thracken'?"

16. Baron_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:

"Personnally I wouldn't know. I just send messages through the Net'," the man said. "The people at Hangar 177 would probably know him. Oh I forgot to mention this, I don't have any means to send the crates up to your ship. You'll have to land here. I can move the crates to Hangar 19 and you can pick them up there."

TAG Gorin
  17. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4
    "Fine, Good doing business with you." he said and walked back to his shuttle, armed with the information about the contact, the cargo, and the deal.

He entered his shuttle and landed at hanger 19, picked up the supplies, and went up to his ship, loaded it onto the ship. and locked down the cargo Bay. He didn't want the droids escaping if they became active. He then went back to the bridge and entered the co-ordnates for the first stop on his jorney, and had all weapons and the sheild tested. Satisfied he powered up the hyp[erspace engins and he was gone.

Tag: BF for something on the way there, if anything.
  18. Baron_Fel Jedi Master

star 4
    IC:

Inside Crate Three it came to life. It tore from the restraints and shot at the crate with it's blasters. The crate blew open and the YVH droid walked out. The three others followed. They all then brought their arms to bear on the cargo door. They fired.

TAG Gorin
  19. Gorin_Zachian Jedi Master

star 4
    .. and they bounced off the magneticly sealed area. (ala Garbage Pit scean)

Gorin saw the distubance in the bay come up on his screen. He smiled, he thought something like this may happen. he immediately opened the bay doors, causing the droids, the cartes and everything else to tumble out of the bay. He then proceeded to turn on the sheild, preventing the YVH from hurting the ship. He then proceeded to attempt to destroy the three droids with the 2 Quad lasers mounted on that side of the ship.

TAG: BF
  20. bterrik Force Ghost

star 4
    "I'll be there."

Two Hours Later

Belivas put the ship down in Bay 17.

He met the wookiee outside his ship.

"What can I do for you?"

21. Barabel Jedi Knight

star 1
    The barabels began targeting the imperial ship from a distance, defeating the deflector systems and picking away at the engines. As the lasers started pciking away at the back of the imperial ship, the torpedoes were loaded into the tubes.

The small clawcraft was faster than the freigher, but the engines were damaged and being destroyed by the pirates, and the ship was slowing down, unable to defend without its sheilds.

Two torpedoes shot from the ship, followed by another two, and another two. They gained quickly on the slower fighter, set to explode on a proximity alert. They were meant to damage, not to kill. The fighter tried to leave the atmosphere, but the lower air pressure made the torps fly faster. The clawcraft tried to dodge the torps, but another two left the missle bay, and the other six came around in a wide circle, directly for the clawcraft.

The transport ship reached tractor distance, and locked a tractor beam onto the clawcraft, making a perfect target for the missiles, as they exploded next to the fighter.
  22. Wildwookiee Force Ghost

star 4
    OOC: alright, I'm back...I've read through the story, and want to extend a warm hello to my friend Gorin...an excellent RP'er and an all around good guy. I'd also like to tell you all, that any "Special" modifications on your ships have a tendency to fuse with somthing...I'm warning from now on, that I'll be nonchalantly throwing in techincal malfunctions on your ships...sound like fun? I know, I know...I'm evil...BUT, it'll be good.

Now that the contact on Kerian Post has been reached...he'll not be used again, whoever is going after the cargo is either out of luck, or will have to find an ingenious way of getting it. I might also remind everyone that the Rebels and Imperials need to start initiating battle...set up bases, and begin campaigns...I don't need to give you all a plot line yet...and after a while, hopefully the factions will start to hire you all. This run for Hutts is just to bolster a player's economy...allowing them to soup up their ships...or buy other things.

Speaking of which...I want to have a list of all the credits that your charicters have...please PM me with that info, and I'll keep a running account.

announcements

hoto's Placep is now open- We sell new and used space vehicles, custom modifications, and enhancements. You will find no better service or product around. Located on Muunilist.

Balrok's Service and Sales We are cheap, we are quick, and we don't give refunds...no warranty on service...but if you're in a scrape and need some speed...we'll get you where you want to go...Located on Balmorra

Nen Ynunp engines We deal in Engines...get the best, fastest wheels in the Galaxy...but it'll cost ya. Located on Sullust

ok, these are a few over the table establishments...NOW, there could be some better places out there...but you'll have to find them.

Well, the announcements are over, thanks Baron Fel for your good work...I'm going to promote you to my Assistant. If I have to be gone for a couple of days, or I don't post for someone for a day, you have permission to keep the game going. IF I come back and do not like the way the game goes, I still have discression to void it out. Congrats.

23. RDG Force Ghost

star 4
    Varns ducked some clubs and jumped and kicked two Nogrhi away from him and then he took out a thermal detonator. "Stay back, or we all die!" With that Varns ran to the Triumph still holding the thermal detonator as a threat.
  24. Barabel Jedi Knight

star 1
    The barabels and noghri followed the smuggler from just out of the blast radius. Not ready to let their target escape, two of the barabels ran foreward and jumped at the pirate with their stun clubs. They did not care if their lives were lost, as long as the pirate did not escape. The other aliens stood outside of the blast radius, firing low powered stun bolts which would not harm the barabels but would disable a human.

The two barabels who were fighting the pirate tried to hold him down as they took their stun clubs to his unprotected areas. One grappeled for the thermal detonator, in an attempt to save three lives.

TAG: RDG, did you give up or, in the words of the great Ozzy Osbourn, "Take the Suicide Way Out" ???
  25. RDG Force Ghost

star 4
    Varns not wanting to give the thermal detonator up, threw it towrd the Barabels firing stun bolts. The clubs realy hurt but Varns (I guess I'll say his first name is Dek) quickly drew his blaster and shot high powered stun bolts at the barabels blindly while trying to kick away the clubs.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.