main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWRPF Archive Apocolypse: From Dust to Dust

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Wildwookiee, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron_Fel

Baron_Fel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 2001
    IC:

"Not so fast," Derek said, "I'll give you two-hundred now and a thousand later. What do you say?"

TAG WW

2. Animaster

Animaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2001
    THIS IS RDG UNGER MY BROTHER'S NAME!!!

Jace Terran stayed and took out his comlink. "Varns, do you copy?"

"I copy," he said.

"Tell the team to get some swoops. And get on for me. Tell them to search the depths of the planet for a hidden data card. Order them to copy it and leave it there. Speed is key! GO!" Terran turned of the comlink before Varns could respond.

3. bterrik

bterrik Jedi Master star 4

Jan 11, 2001
    IC:

Belivas watched as the other smugglers sprinted from the bay.

A little over eager.

He calmy walked into his ship. Once inside, he appropriated the necissary things. He retrieved more blaster packs, then strapped a belt of thermal detonators on. Walking into the bridge, he addressed his droid.

"Ok, boys, this is worth a million Hutts. Make it look good. Bring main power online." After a small adjustment to the controls and a electronic squeal from the R7, the lights in the cockpit all turned up, and Belivas grabbed a hold of the controls. He flipped on the repulsorlifts, which quickly carried him free of the hangar, and engaged the main drive. Quickly whipping out of sight, he turned down a tight alleyway that required him to fly sideways. The contrast between the artifical gravity and the real gravity was disconcerting, but he quickly overcame it.

Around the bend, he saw a very large piece of trash fly up out of an even larger hole. He came to a stop just outside that hole. When the next piece of garbage flew passed, he punched the drive and pulled hard over on the controls. The frieghter dove into the trash chute.

It was completely dark.

"Sarge, infared viewers, now!" he shouted.

The screen lit up as the infared sensors projected what they were seeing on his cockpit windows. There was a large piece of trash hurdling right at them.

"Ahhh!" Belivas screamed as he whipped the ship through a tight spiral, just avoiding the oncoming cylinder. He reoriented, and pressed unreleting downwards, soon he reached a side passage, and followed it. Calling on a holographic map of the city, he determined that he was near the bottom level of the city. He flew onward slowly until the map indicated that he was near a passageway. He set the ship down and turned to his droid companion.

"Hack into their security network and look for any datacards just lying around. Use their own cams."

"Yes sir." For once, the R7 didn't even protest, as hacking was one of his favorite-and most skilled-ventures.

Heading back to his armoury, he added more equipment he thought he might need. Belivas exited the ship and sealed and locked the ramp behind him. Approaching a door, he pulled out a remote lock pick unit, and quickly unsealed the door. He exited into a busy thouroghfare. Pulling out the remote scanning unit he had brought, he began scanning for any sign of a loose datapad. One blip turned up, but as he approached it's location, the signal disappeared. Turning to a local information broker, he said,

"Have you seen any loose datacards about?"

TAG: Wildwookie

4. Shadoloo

Shadoloo Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 4, 2002
    Shad Ho sprinted away from the hangar and around into a seemingly abandoned alley. For the thousanth time, he thanked the maker for making him a shapeshifter. His human disguise melted away and Shad Ho flew back into the hangar in the form of a small local avian.

Belivas' ship began to hover out of his landing pad. The Shi'ido flew into the quickly closing gangway and watched the smuggler move into the bridge section. Shad made himself dark, flat and invisible, and waited for the smuggler to return to the walkway to leave the ship. The smuggler was well-armed, but that didn't matter to Shad.

Belavis left the ship and approached a shady looking figure. Shad Ho returned to his avian form and flew up to a ledge above the smuggler. Down below, he heard "Have you seen any loose datacards about?"

TAG, WW

5. bterrik

Jan 11, 2001
    IC:

"What are you talking about you unmitigated scrap heap? Or course there were no other lifesigns aboard! Master Belivas would have noticed!" the C-series head shouted at the R7. Instead of tootling a reponse, he plugged himself into the ship, and brought up a holo of the entrance, replaying it, the droid thought it saw movement, but couln't be sure.

After a burst of electronic noise, the head of the droid nodded. "I quite concur."

The R7 activated the comm.

"Master, sir, R7 has alerted me to the possibilty that we may have been followed."

"How is that possible, Sarge?" Belivas asked under his breath, almost inaudible.

"R7's sensors detected an anomoluys life reading after you boarded. He thought it was just a sensor ghost, but upon reviewing the holos we were able to see a very small amout of movement, but just after you entered, and just after you left. Unable to give you any more details, sir."

"Strange," Belivas wispered. "Activate the ship's security field and be sure that it is not on board anymore. I'll keep a lookout on my end."

"Yes, sir."

Belivas glanced around quickly, and resumed his conversation with the broker.

"I think we better go inside." he said.

TAG: Wildwookiee, Shadoloo

6. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    A man with two swoops approached.

"Varns, what took you?" Jace said getting on a swoop "Contact our slicer and have him see what he can do. Then start searching." Terran zoomed away before response. He flew strait down and suddenly curved up to be level and slowed. Jase took a pair of electrobinoculars and put its band around his head and used the zoom to see carefully.

7. Wildwookiee

Wildwookiee Jedi Master star 4

Apr 14, 2001
    OOC: The way you're going, you're not going to find the Datacard...Let me reinterate the hint...

I will not give any hints, but I will tell you it's "Down There"...go

Search Down There and you'll find the card.

8. Shadoloo

Jul 4, 2002
    Kriff it! This is going to be harder than I thought. Shad said to himself as he listened to the message the sad pile of scrap that passed for a droid passed on to its master.

Lets see just how good a security system this ship has.

Shad changed again into the smallest creature he was capable of. The batlike form followed the smuggler and the information broker back to the ship. Shad flew close behind the broker as the two entered the ship, hoping that the droid would not spot his small life reading next to the two humanoids.

So far, so good Shad thought as he snuck past his prey and underneath the chair the smuggler sat himself down in. Once again, he streched himself out and made himself flat and dark, to avoid the eyes of the broker who was across the chamber. Bypassing humans was not a problem, but Shad had never tried to trick a ship's security system.

TAG: Bterrik, WW

9. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    All sensor readings from all ships came up empty for Datacards.

10. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    The Slicer looked at Derek... 500 now, 700 later.

Tag Baron Fel

OOC: I'm assuming that people can gauge their wealth in a reasonable fasion...1000 is a lot, but it's reasonable. I don't want to see anyone going out there and spending 10,000 on a new Generator or other things...until you earn money...that's part of the game :) This is a detail oriented game...I hope you'll enjoy it.

11. bterrik

Jan 11, 2001
    bterrik and the information broker approached his ship. bterrik tapped in his access code and informed the computer to admit only two human lifsigns. He didn't want his "shadow" following him this time.

The ramp lowered and the security fields hissed off. The two stepped through the opening, and it hiss-cracked back into place.

As they sat down, Sarge served them Corellian ale. Just before they resumed any conversation, an alarm blared.

"Intruder Alert. Three lifesigns penetrated security forcefield." the computer said, monotonly.

"Computer-snap down. Authorization Belivas Alpha Charlie Three Voiceprint." Belivas shouted as he drew his blaster.

"Authorization confired. Voiceprint confirmed." the computer replied, and all the bulkheads slammed shut and all vents sealed, isolating each individual compartment.

"Sarge, can you plug into the computer and isolate the location of the intruder?"

"Already done, sir. He is located directly under you."

"What!" Belivas jumped up and kicked his chair out of the way and fired several stun blasts, but didn't turn anything up.

Sarge handed a breath mask to him and to the broker.

"Wha-" he began to ask when gas flooded the room. He quickly threw it on.

After a few minutes, he ordered the gas vented and bearing a map of his ship with all the lifesigns displayed and brandishing his blaster on stun, he began a search.

TAG: WW as the info broker, Shadoloo

EDIT: oops, didn't read your post very carefully.

12. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    OOC: wildwookie, how much $ do we start out with?

IC:
    Jase decided to go even farther down, way down. He keyed his com,"OK, pirates, get way down. And I mean WAY down," he turned the com off.

13. Shadoloo

Jul 4, 2002
    Belavis saw the information broker out of the corner of his eye as he ran to the back compartments of the ship to search for the intruder.

At first glance, he didn't see anything, and so returned to the main cabin to ask sarge what the location of their shadow was.

The information broker was waiting in the center of the main cabin, mask pressed fimly on his face. The smuggler pushed the smaller man out of the way as he went towards his droid.

What the... Belivas saw the information broker laying on the floor, uncontious, next to the deactivated droid. The same information broker who was behind him. Belavis drew his blaster and spun around, only to find himself faced with a three-meter tall togorian with the breath mask wrapped around its face. The same breathmask that Sarge gave the broker

The togorian threw his paw out at the smuggler, attempting to disarm him. The other paw swiped at the face, not to kill, but to stun.

Shad Ho stuck his small form onto the bottom of the chair the smuggler was sitting on, just in time to avoid the stun bolts which hit where he had been. The droid walked into the room and handed the Smuggler and the Broker each a breathmask. Smoke filled the room, making it difficult to see.

The Shapeshifter grew back to human form, quickly hit the deactivation switch on the droid, and then moved to where the information broker was. Through the smoke, Shad Ho could make out the man's form, and pulled off the breathmask. The mask was quickly pulled over his own face, and the broker gagged and slumped over from the effects of the gas.

Another few seconds of work, and the broker was shoved into a corner of the room, and the Shapeshifter took the form of the broker before sitting back down where his victim had been. The smoke cleared, the smuggler ran into the bowels of the ship. Shad walked into the passage, only to find Belavis coming back. The smuggler moved past the shapeshifter, and froze when he noticed the body and the droid in the corner.

Shad changed quickly into a togorian and reached with one of his long arms to slide the hatch open, making an escape rought. The smuggler didn't take long to come out of his shock. Shad lunged foreward, one paw reaching for the blaster, the other was spread wide to hit the head and neck.

EDIT: I think this is better.

14. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    OOC: There's no set amount...it just needs to be reasonable...I won't give a cap, because EVERYONE will have EXACTLY the cap if I do...so I'll just leave it up to your sensabilities, keeping in mind that free trade has been shot, and the only way to earn a buck is dishonestly.

Shadoloo...actually it was...you didn't give bterrik a chance to stop you, while you miraculously dodged the stun bolts...which I don't think would have happend.

15. RDG

RDG Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2001
    Wildwookie, would it be god modding if we said that we found a data card that supplied a clue?

16. Shadoloo

Jul 4, 2002
    I changed my previous post. I think it is better, if not, I'll try again. By the Way, BTerrik said that I avoided the stun bolts, i didn't come up with that.

17. bterrik

Jan 11, 2001
    OOC:how about this-he can dodge the stun blasts and swat away the blaster, but I roll away from his grip.

IC:

Belivas rolled with the impact and away from the giant Togorian and came up near the door to the bridge. A quick verbal override opened the door, and a swat of a control panel closed and sealed it.

"A changeling." Belivas muttered to himself. He pressed a switch, allowing for a direct computer tie-in. A quick scan of the display revealed that the lockdown was still holding and the cams indicated the Togorian still in the hold, trying to break out.

"Computer, electrify the compartment, sufficeint to stun the Togorian." Belivas ordered. On the holocam, he could see a blue arc of lightning shoot throughout the compartment several times, electrifying everything in the compartment, on the ground or not. The info broker twitched, and died. The electronics and the droid were shielded, so no harm came to them. The arcs moved at the speed of light across the room towards the Togorian. Belivas slumed in his chair and administered a bacta patch from the bridge first aid kit.

TAG: Shadoloo

18. Shadoloo

Jul 4, 2002
    Shad thought at first about chasing the smuggler, but realised that there were more important things. He swiveled around and ran towards the hatch. A jolt of ions and stun waves impacted against his back

That was unexpected

Then a second, and a third. With his final burst of energy, the shapeshifter leapt to the still-open hatch. He passed out from the stun bolts while in the air.

19. bterrik

Jan 11, 2001
    Belivas slumped as the shifter fell out the hatch, stunned. He reached into his comparment and grabbed a biotracer. He walked out to togorian, flipping the droid on, and injected him with a material that would show up blatently if scanned for within 100 klicks.

"Fly him somewhere else, and then hide the ship somewhere else. Then comm me you're new coords." he said as he set off to travel deeper.

"And alert me if his signal comes within a quater klick of mine."

"Yes, sir." the droid said.

20. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    bterrik and Shedoloo-Hey, If it works for both of you...it's alright.

RDG- Yes, it would be Godmoding. Think about real life...What would you do if you were looking for somthing that you had no clue about...where would you go?

21. Shadoloo

Jul 4, 2002
    Shad Ho came awake slowly, his head pounding and the nerves of his body inflamed.

Spying on that smuggler was the worst decision I've made since that night I decided to find out my species' blood alcohol tolerance.

He slowly started moving through the unfamiliar lanscape, and eventually learned where he was. After an airtaxi ride around a quarter of the planet, he was back at his ship. He went into the understocked galley and prepared two painrelievers and a migrane elexir before moving to the bridge.

He addressed his comm droid "Umm, Deesix, search the city directory and the planetary library and the ships logs: search for the words "Down There", especially look for people, restaurants, tapcafs, cantinas, droid shops, monuments, buildings, garbage dumps, crime lords, and anything, anyone, or anywhere else where a datacard could be. It could even be a pit or a hole, or local or offworld legend. Search especially in the lower levels of the planet. Hack into any other databases which may be relevant. Get a list of anything that may apply ready in ten standard minutes."

The smuggler left the droid to its task, while he recovered a box of homing becons. He left his ship and made himself small and inconspicuous. He went to each of the smuggler's ships in the hangar, planting homing becons anywhere where they would be difficult to find and not be picked up by sensors: Inside lazer barrels, around engine cones, in the landing gear, on exposed machinery, on messy welds, and anywhere else that looked protected. Avoiding human eyes was no problem, especially when he was working on such large ships with so many places to hide.

After several minutes of planting bugs, he felt he had avoided the other smugglers, pirates, and the Imperial, and moved into an alley to recieve the list of locations and people which his droid had found...

OOC: So WW, did I find anything, anybody, or anyplace? PM or post if so

22. Boba_Fett__

Boba_Fett__ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    Though a Pirate, and not a smuggler, the pay had cought Jaxxon's eye. He had communicated and registered for the "contest", and listened to the tape over and over again. When the guy said down there, he didn't have to mean on that planet. He could have meant the planets to the South. Setting a course straight south of Nal Shadda, Jaxxon flicked some swithches and made a jump into hyperspace.

23. Wildwookiee

Apr 14, 2001
    Shadoloo: Bingo! ;)

The computer came up with one small Tap caf, about thirty klicks from his current location.

TAG Shadoloo

24. bterrik

Jan 11, 2001
    After several hours of searching, Belivas had found nothing. The incident with the other smuggler had slowed him up. He tapped the ramp release on his ship, and it lowered to admit him. He climbed into the cockpit and accessed the exterior hologram security cameras. Setting the time of their meeting, he saw them all assembled there. He activated the recording and turned up the gain on the volume. It wasn't meant to record conversations that far from his ship, but maybe...

"...not..ints...you..Down There" the hologram speakers spitted out.

"I remember that! The way he said 'Down There'! Plug those words into a planetwide scan and tell me what you turn up. Also, look where he is standing. If I turn these into coordinates, he is at 120.365 by 65.2566 by 2589.23. Is there anything significant directly below those coordinates? Something that is strange or rare?"

"Well, sir, R7 is still running a scan on 'Down There', but there is an old geothermal power generating station built deep under the surface of the city. I actually have never seen anything like it. It reaches down through the crust of the planet to the mantel."

"Plug how I get there into my datapad."

"Yes, sir, but, I must warn you. There is no turbolift, or if there is, it is gone now. I believe the entire thing is droid ran. It is used only as an emergency backup power source to the spaceport. You will have to enter by the exhaust vents."

"Just give me the coordinates and plug them into my map."

"Done, sir."

"Good. And contact me by secure comlink only when R7 finishes his search."

"Yes, sir."

Belivas jumped up and grabbed a pair of replusor boots and some power packs for them and placed them in a pack, which he strapped on. Then he exited the ship and activated all security measures, including the full forcefield. Flagging down a public transport, he soon found himself at the exhaust vents. They were covered by a grate material in an empty part of the city. One of the grates looked loose, so Belivas pried it up, put on the boots and jumped down. After securing the grate back in, loosely, he deactivated the boots and fell, watching his progress on the map. Five minutes later he activated the boots and came to a rest on the floor. A quick use of a detonation pack opened an exit, and he climed out into a control room. Most consoles were dark, but one or two were still active. And it was HOT. A droid or two skittered about, monitoring certain controls. He stopped one, and as it focused in on him, it exclaimed,

"Oh my goodness! A flesh and blood!"

"Easy, droid. I've just come looking for a data card. Does anyone here know about it?"

"Well, I'm not sure, sir, I-"

"Check, please. It's very important." Belivas said, pointing at a droid plug in.

"Well, I, uh, yes, sir." the droid scooted over and plugged in.

"Sir-R7 has concluded his scan, sir." Sarges voice burst out from his comlink.

"And what are the results?" Belivas asked.

TAG: Wildwookiee, either post whether I found anything on either of these searches or PM it, please. Thanks.

EDIT: Well, I can see how that looks like cheating, but really, I had been posting this since well before you posted that, WW. Heck, I hadn't even read Shadoloo's.

25. Boba_Fett__

Boba_Fett__ Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2002
    " Darn it! It's not here either. Well what are you waiting for?!? Get in the ship!" On the vast desert of the potato shaped planet Kessel, Jaxxon was having a bad day. He had threatened to kill his crew at least 30 times and the entire day had been wasted. So far he had searched 3 planets. Thinking as hard as he could he racked his brain. Then It came to him. Raising his head and ordering take off precedures, he ran to the cockpit where 4 other pirates were taking off. " I know exaclty where the chip is!" he said triumphantly, "Set course for....................................HOTH!" Laughing to himself he pondered on what he would buy with all his credits.

* Obviously my character doesn't even know somebody has already found the chip. *

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.