main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Apology

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Hama, Feb 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    I agree with Keo. GL right now is giving us his real vision. Don't feel dishearted. Episode II is upon us.

:D

2. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I wouldn't necessarily call it 'inaction' Kadue.

Normally those in charge don't deal with matters of discipline publicly. They discuss matters amongst themselves, decide upon a course of action, but they do not speak openly about it.

In the past when there has been trouble with the admins, the regular members have sometimes gone away with the opinion that their thoughts didn't matter and that the admins felt themselves to be above the rules.

I don't necessarily agree with this. I agree with the admins' assertion that they need to be able to take action without having to explain themselves every time.

However in this instance I think it might be in the best interest of the admins to deviate from the usual 'closed door' policy. This prank was perpetrated against the members of the JC by one of its managers. I initially doubted that George Lucas had actually stopped by, but when I heard and read that Hama verified it, I was one of the people who fell for it.

Normally I'd laugh at myself for being gullible, but it's hard to laugh when the only mistake I made was trusting Hama.

I guess it comes down to whether or not the admins are in any way answerable to the rest of us plebeians. I think that in this special case, we have a right to know what action will or won't be taken.

3. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    My concern is that in our pain and suffering over this fiasco that we create deeper wounds within ourselves, within the JC. That is not constructive either. All this ranting and raving is good, too; we must vent our frustration and hurt. Let us not lose each other in the frey; we are family, we do care for each other. :)

*goes to kitchen for another helping of pasta/sauce*

edit for spelling

4. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    I'm concerned about deeper wounds too.

In the past there have been instances where members felt that their concerns weren't addressed, or were outright ignored by the admins.

If that happens here, this situation will only widen the perceived divide between admins and members.

5. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    You know, Herman, we're all in the midst of a no-win situaton. I'm watching extreme football (delayed in my time zone), and the game is starting to look synonimous with our situation here.

6. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    Hama made a big nasty error. Oh well.

But I know some of you would have liked http://boards.theforce.net/user.asp?usr=333727 to be the real thing, I fell for it as did most, somehow I hope it wasn't because I added it to my favourite users list that yodaman found out and announced it. I did a stupid thing myself but it's nothing to worry about I suppose.

;)

7. Milambar

Milambar Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2001
    To err is human, to forgive divine.

8. Ethril

Ethril Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 24, 2000
    Forgiveness is great, but good members get banned for using a word or two that they didn't even realize was that offisive. Apologies are great to, but they don't generally change anything that's already happened.

9. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    eth, howz it? even presidents screw up, literally....:D and not just the most recent one, but others from across the globe at some time. Everyone survived.

10. Milambar

Milambar Jedi Youngling

Jan 23, 2001
    Hey he has banned himself as well, so it isn't only an apology.

It seems to me this is being blown way out of porportion. It was a joke on a meesage board that went bad. Are any of you emotionally stunted for life because of this?

lighten up.

Edit: The other end of the spectrum for some persepctive.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1982839&replies=90

11. keokiswahine

Sep 4, 2000
    Milam, draxxy's sock drawer is full. :D

12. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    "That's correct, Commander."

13. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    The problem is that this Hama-Ryu Kinnebi dude is a complete unknown. I've been here for a year and I've never heard of him.

How does somebody who's only been a member since June of last year get made an Admin in the first place?

There are plenty of people around here who have been here longer and know the ins and outs of the JC. Hama should just quietly walk away and give someone else more deserving an opportunity to Admin.

I can think of at least 10.

14. Sith_Minx

Sith_Minx Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 7, 2001
    So it was a kinda April Fools day joke, was it?

Hmmm funny. I thought it was still February :mad:

15. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    No it wasn't an April Fool's Day prank. Even if it was it would have been ordinary.

Where are the admins on this? Can we get an explanation? Why was this guy an admin in the first place? Who put him there?

16. jamesdrax

Aug 30, 2000
    I PMed darthcleo about it. She didn't even know about it before.

17. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    its times like this I wish we could swear still here

18. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    I don't like it.

19. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    Ok, I'm sorry that I am the only one that sees what truly should be done here. I guess I am, flame me if you want, wimps, but I don't think we can let sleazy managers push us around like this!
    He held a very high rank here, and abused his power to the highest degree. Normally when that happens, you lose your job. So why is Hama not losing his job? I originally said he should be banned for life. Perhaps not. That would be like the death sentence. Hama doesn't deserve that. But the fact he has not even demoted...it discusts me.
    A self-ban! Bah! That is meaningless....IS THERE NO JUSTICE HERE?! Perhaps I was wrong about the credibilty of this place!

20. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    It seems admins are saying very little around here about this.

21. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    I'm saying stuff -

I don't like it.

22. Darth_Smeagol

Darth_Smeagol Jedi Master star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    but what is going to be done about it?

23. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    I'd just like to state...

I wasn't in on this. And... I don't like it.

24. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    Ummm.....

I don't like it? =)

//anger//

25. Jotun Denal

Jotun Denal Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Lets just tar and feather him, and maybe Short Round McFly...

I wanna see something cool happpen atleast...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.