main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Apology

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Hama, Feb 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    Any idea when this matter will be dealt with? Will the whole place be informed of what the outcome is?

What about some answers in the meantime? How did he become a manager in the first place? Who made the decision?

2. Phantom Will

Phantom Will Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 15, 2000
    Your only fault is that it was stupid, Hama. It's not your fault that people fell for it.

3. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    Wow PW and I agree? :eek:
    How much damage did this really do to you?

4. Maul KenObi

Maul KenObi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 8, 1998
    First I said no way, then I saw the IP addresses and thought WOW, this could be true, but it still smelled fishier than a Norwegian Trollboat rotting in the Saharan desert, so I just hoped it would be true...then it turned out it wasn't... So I thought, "Well that was kinda given", then I realised it was "A SEVERE ABUSE OF POWER" and got really mad but realised nothing would be done anyway, so I became sarcastic and now I'm in the state that I wish this thing would just blow over and we can get back to our good old JC that I like so much...

What I'm trying to say I guess is: Hama, I forgive you...I just hope you won't do this again...

5. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    You people take things toos eriously and thgis place would not get shut down or ever had a chance of that happening. Lucas nor most care if some fan or cyber geek goes around some internet MSG board pretending to be them. People do that all the freaking time. Now, if the owners did it, might be another story.

Get real. Asked a close friend of mine who is a layer and even he said no place would have gotten shut down unless it was soemthing done by the owners of the site and it was a prank. Plus, the internet has so many loop holes he said.

6. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    Well Supershadow was shut down for having fake GL interviews, so why dont you roll that into a sandwich and eat it?

BOO YAH! Demoted to mod! Ha ha ha ha ha. I am not satisfied! Perhaps this a start, at least he cant go granting VIP status and whatnot. Methinks this hama villian needs to be demoted once more, to the level of a mere member. Justice must be served!

7. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    The whole thing is being discussed. Not only among JC admins, but also within TFN staff people.

Hama is first and foremost a FanForce RSA. That's how he got to become a moderator. Now because he was moderating elsewhere, and because there was a NEED to promote moderators to managers, Hama was promoted to manager. He's now been demoted back to moderator. That's the CURRENT situation. The demotion back to moderator was done by me, without discussion with anyone else. I took it upon myself to do at least that, because discussions take a long time when done via boards or emails.

Hama needs a moderator status to do his job as RSA, which extends BEYOND the message board. I will not take it upon myself to demote a Fanforce guy without any input from the Fanforce people first.

We have a few options in discussion. Right now it's impossible to tell you what the outcome will be.

8. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    So Hama is a Very Imprtant Person to this place? Or Fan Force anyway. Jeez. I think he's lost any priviledges he's deserved. But I guess that's up to you guys.

An owner didn't do this. But a person in control around here did. This is a very bad incident that doesn't go well for the people running this place.

9. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    i think the demotion is good.
    not so good: people flaming him.
    learn to forgive people. *this does not mean it should go without punishment*

10. McNerf-Burger

Nov 13, 2000
    Me thinks Hama should be replaced by someone with common sense and responsibility. Surely there must be someone.

11. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Hama misused his manager powers, and now he has lost them. He acted foolishly, and now he has apologized, asked for our forgiveness and left the JC for a while. He seems sincere, and I, for one, forgive him, but that's not relevent to the discussion.

We all make mistakes, and I believe that Hama has learned from his. I don't think that he needs to be stripped of his moderator status, too. Up until now he has done a very fine job of moderating, and I believe that we should give him another chance.

Thank you for your time!

12. yodaboy

yodaboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 5, 2001
    amen nathen!

13. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    U watched last night's Amazing episode of X-files, didn't you? ;)

14. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    What if I get the *real* GL in to pardon the guy, would that make you whiners feel better?
    *registers new sockpuppet*

15. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Glad you approve, yodaboy.

As a matter of fact, I did, JM22, but how is that relevent?

LOL, JW!

16. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    There'll be no need to demote Hama any further. He's done the deed and apologized. As an RSA of Fanforce, he plays an integral part in providing support for SW fans in his region. He does an excellent job and he deserves some slack.

This was a prank, perhaps he took it a bit far, but it was done in fun and not meant to hurt anyone. Some of us can appreciate that is was a joke, some of us think it was a breach of power and trust and some us are just hanging on too tight...

17. republic_not_empire

republic_not_empire Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I'm gone for a couple weeks and I miss everything.

Could someone please exlain to me what happened(via PM, I don't want to rehash everything here).

I have to say that Hama was and admin I respected, and I'm sorry to hear that he decieved people, but I'm not going to judge at least until I have the facts.

18. McNerf-Burger

Nov 13, 2000
    Is that an official decision or your opinion?

19. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    As far as I know, Darthcleo is still going over options.

He wasn't a good addition to the higher levels around here. He abused his power here. He wasn't well known on the JC where he decided to deceive people. If he's so good at his job in the FF, then let him go back there and do it without any privilidges.

But the main problem isn't the 'joke'. It's the people being allowed to have control around here. That's the real issue.

20. son_of_the_tear

son_of_the_tear Jedi Master star 5

Jun 23, 1999
    Um, yes, that site was shut down and the pranks impersonations was done by the owner. I remeber that site.

And he actually got shut down for the use of the story boards and still using them when told to put them down. Hewas warned various times to take them away and he ignored it. That is why he was shut down.

So, you can go eat your sandiwch now. But make sure it is a cheese steak hoagie... those are the best.

21. McNerf-Burger

Nov 13, 2000
    Yes, I hope Darthcleo makes the good decision.

22. republic_not_empire

republic_not_empire Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    could someone please PM me, I'm so confused

23. darthcleo

darthcleo Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 8, 2000
    just a note that I'm officially on vacation here..
    the whole thing happened while I was flying away from the snow.
    I answered a PM at something around 5 AM in the morning, then when I checked the boards after landing, all hell had broken loose..

Since Hama is first and foremost a Fanforce person, the decision will be taken there.

24. McNerf-Burger

Nov 13, 2000
    Oh, great. In other words nothing will be done? Is there any possible way that this guy can not have powers here and only use them in fanforce? Someone like this should not be a mod.

25. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Hey gang, just know that the situation is being handled and that it won't happen again. Let's move on and put this behind us.

Later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.