main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Apology

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Hama, Feb 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skyler

Skyler Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2000
    I saw their posts. Perhaps I should move on if such incredibly rediculous complaints are being given any sort of consideration at all.

2. wedge3210

wedge3210 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 7, 1999
    No, move on so idiotic comments from yourself don't hold up getting this place in order. All we're all waiting for is some answers on some issues that obviously aren't rediculous at all if they're being considered by the staff here.

Even other admins have said they don't like what's going on. Are they all rediculous as well? Nope, they just want to get what's right for the JC and FF out of this.

3. Jedi Greg Maddux

Jedi Greg Maddux Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 3, 1999
    Lets all forget about this. It's in the past, and Hama certainly ain't going to do it again.

4. mazdajinn

mazdajinn Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 1999
    yes, let's move on, it's done.. he said he was sorry why do you have to drag it out so long?

5. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Because it's not the only issue.

6. Skyler

May 5, 2000
    enlighten me as to what the other issues are

7. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Soggy-Ben Doggy Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 9, 1999
    Well here we go again -- another kangaroo court and people won't be happy till poor Hama's publically tarred 'n feathered and then promptly executed.

I really don't understand what has happened to the JC. At one time, it use to be a enjoyable place where people could come and spend hours upon hours with among good company. Lately however, it's become 'mean spirited' towards others, which has been demonstrated over and over in various posts throughout the entire board.

As for Hama, what more do you people want? I get the feeling you won't be happy until he's either banned or demoted down to a regular user. But is that really necessary? The answer is no. I personally think he has received enough punishment.

So far Hama has apologized, been demoted, and publically shamed. I'm sure he's feeling pretty bad right now and will never, ever do anything like that again. I truly believe this, since he has already shown his ability to been a good manager.

I'm not condoning his foolish prank, but I won't condemn him either. At this point in time, he's probably suffered more than we can imagine.

8. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I'm not going to write them again. Read the thread, they've been brought up a number of times.

Once again, there are bigger issues than the incident itself. If you want to ignore them then fine. But it's good to see that the people running this place have dicided it's worth a look.

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE PRANK!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT YET???

9. Ysanne_Isard2100

Ysanne_Isard2100 Jedi Youngling

Feb 27, 2001
    If Hama has been demoted, I am satisfied...and I will stop the push on demoting him. However, I am still quite alarmed at the treatment I got from other admins throughout this. It is alarming how they abuse their power at times...I would be ashamed to be an admin.

10. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Dec 9, 1999
    Oh yes it is wedge3210. At least that's what it originally started out as, but unfortunately Hama didn't possess the forsight to see what the end results would be. Call it an abuse of power, if you will -- but it still boils down to a prank.

As far as this incident keeping others away from this site -- it won't. How this unfortunate incident is being dealt with, is posted all over the place. It's not hard to discover that Mr. Lucas himself wasn't really here. There's no deceit, no sweeping under the carpet taking place, and it's obvious to all who visit here, that the situation is being dealt with in an appropriate manner.

And the truth of the matter is, it's the users' negative attitudes that will drive people away, not Hama.

11. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    The prank just opened up a can of worms about the way this place is run. Questions need answering. Why is someone given power at the JC if they're only appointed that power for the FF? Things like this.

Hopefully the members here will get these answers. Maybe a better way for the appointment of administrators can come from this.

I wasn't the one to call it an abuse of power either. He called it that himself. By saying you want this incident forgotten and left in the past, you're basically sweeping it under the carpet so a similar event or maybe worse, will happen later on.

12. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    It's like a gruesome accident scene or an episode of Survivor, people are drawn to this kinda stuff like flies to ****. It's an indication of just how low the 'entertainment' value of this place has fallen. Plus hardly anybody knows this Hama dude so it's not like it's really personal at all.

Skyler and others, nobody *really* cares about this, it's just a bit of a diversion from the usual boring crap that has come to epitomise the JC of late.

Let us have our 5 minutes for christs sake.

13. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Dec 9, 1999
    wedge3210, I agree with you that this issue should certainly be addressed so it doesn't happen again. It would be unseemly to have all our admins pulling the same sort of pranks, which only serve to undermine the admins' authority and the users' trust.

All I'm trying to point out is as far as Hama is concerned, he has already received more than enough punishment for his wrong-doing and the personal attacks on him should cease.

14. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I don't really care about Hama. I didn't before the incident so why should I afterwards?

15. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Dec 9, 1999
    Because he's been a fairly decent admin and if he's kicked down to user status, someone really bad could possibly take his place.

16. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    I haven't seen him do any good around here. That's why i didn't have any opinion at all about him until yesterday. Let him go back to FF and post there, but it's obvious that he doesn't have the same impact in here as he does there.

17. Soggy-Ben Doggy

Dec 9, 1999
    Sorry you feel like that, but the impression I've gotten is he tries to be a good admin and acts decently towards the users.

18. wedge3210

Jun 7, 1999
    Not from what I've seen.

But if he does do a good job in FF, then let him. I don't care. I just hope he uses his priviledges there in future rather than here.

19. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    "I haven't seen him do any good around here."

He has been a very good and active admin and this was his first mistake. There will be consequences, but as you yourself are making very clear we are admins not gods. Why do you expect perfection from us?

20. Skyler

May 5, 2000
    jebus chirst, this isn't some sort of grave constitutional crisis that needs a supreme court interpretation. Anyone that thinks that there are other issues coming into play is a fool.

21. The_Last_Boy_Scout

The_Last_Boy_Scout Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2001
    Ok, I agree that asking for his head on a platter isn't right/just. Like i said before it was a joke get over it and lighten up.

But the following statement bothers me.

"He has been a very good and active admin and this was his first mistake."

Why would being a very good and active admin be a mistake? Those are actually points in his favor I would think.

A more seperatist view of the admins would only lead more people to view them as different or special.

Edit: Grammer of a 2 year old

22. Skyler

May 5, 2000
    I hope you're joking. in any case :D

23. Uwanna Buyer

Uwanna Buyer Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 14, 2000
    In case you're not joking, "this was his first mistake" probably refers to his April Fool's joke, not being a good admin.

*rolls eyes*

24. keokiswahine

keokiswahine Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 4, 2000
    One member said in the previous page that he/she has not seen Hama do any good as a mod. He/she hasn't been around these boards where Hama mods at to know; check his/her posties, assuming, of course, where we post at is where we also lurk at. If he/she lurks where Hama is all the time and see him in daily action, then I fear someone has an ax to grind for some reason. I see Hama in the threads on a daily basis, and he is a good mod, an excellent mod, more hands on that many other mods in the past. He was promoted because of his very active modding. I have been on the boards nonstop almost all day and night the last 2 weeks because I'm banished to my home from the office for illness, and have seen Hama on the boards modding all the time. He has cleaned up many a troller, spammer, and cusser. He earned his promotion. It's just so unfortunate that this joke backfired. I really thought it was funny. Being a member for umpteenth years and not be an active poster/contributor should not make one self righteous as an oldbie and therefore, the almighty; I hope they at least lurk daily, not occasionally. The quality of any dicussion board is with the contributions of its members on a regular basis; I visit everyday, will be just shorter portions of the day after I return to work this week. Whatever happens, please remember that this is a private board. It does have its ownership and management. It is a free service to its members/fans. The owners/management hope we click onto the advertisement banners daily as it provides the revenue to fund this venture to keep it free. We all have the choice to come and go as we feel. By keeping it G rated for GL, we are welcome anywhere and do not have to apologize to anyone for content or language. Let the powers that be take care of this issue. Jokes are jokes, and we should learn to laugh at ourselves or at least smile when we get caught in them. Humor keeps the balance. We are the bestest, don't forget that.

25. The_Last_Boy_Scout

The_Last_Boy_Scout Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 12, 2001
    Ahh, I see "this" refers to the joke not to his being a good and active admin.?[face_plain] My bad.[face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.