main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Apparently the Vong actually did the Galaxy a service... (FH spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by masterskywalker, Feb 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. masterskywalker

masterskywalker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 2, 2001
    According to Dp4m they scorched the Yevtheva homeworld to the ground. :)

I guess that dispite the fact that they're a race of vile murders who should all be eradicated, they can occasionally do a public service by accident. ;)

2. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Will the Galactic Alliance be sending them a medal now? ?[face_plain] :p

3. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    I don't believe the Vong have yet pushed into the Deep Core. And the Koornatch Cluster, along with the Yevetha homeworld of N'zoth, are in the Deep Core.

4. lightsaber_wielder

lightsaber_wielder Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2002
    I wonder how the Vong would feel if they found out that they'd helped the infidels?

5. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    It wouldn't need to be an invasion, it could have been a mass raid to wage "total war", like the English did to the French in the 100 years war.

6. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Is the dp4m thread you refer to the one discussing unspoiled planets in the NJO? Cause if it is, I haven't seen it in a couple of nights but when I did see it, it was more about compiling a list of planets the Vong haven't reached yet. I kinda doubt it was a complete list.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    N'zoth and the Yevetha were wiped out.

The Fia sold 'em down the river to the Yuuzhan Vong.

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    Let me guess. The Fia were motivated partly out of vengeance for what the Yevethans did during the Black Fleet Crisis. They were also motivated to eliminate a potential threat from resurfacing.

9. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    If they did indeed practice a more literal scortched earth policy, why haven't they been doing more of that by now.

10. ChicagoCubs

ChicagoCubs Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 3, 2002
    My guess is that they are more desprite now. Before they probably didn't feel they needed to.

11. masterskywalker

Nov 2, 2001
    Because before they wanted to conquer territory, now they're starting to lose. And there's no point in leaving behind planets unspoiled so that your enemy can just use them for whatever purpose they want. It's also murder on moral (100 years war again).

12. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    There is something to what you say, but consider if you will that many of the core and mid rim worlds are much more urban then agrarian.

None, I think, take it to the extreme of coruscant however those planets from the vong view are so corrupted by the taint of heretics that they should be cleansed. Afterward you can resead with proper plants even shape the worlds, however a whiff of grape shot would be more effective then sending in ground troups.

13. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    I believe a fully functional Yevetha would have held their own against the Vong. Their enhanced shields and accelerated technical perception would have analysed Vong tactics and machiniations. Plus they're a wholly united race.

All for one, one for all.

Just give me your blood, and it's a sweet deal.

14. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Yeah, the Yevetha are *gone* now - another world razed... To add to the list of planets... And only one of the worlds to meet with death in FH1...

15. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    N'Zoth is in the Galactic Core,located on the fringes of the Deep Core in the Farlax Sector, dp4m also mentioned that the Yuuzhan Vong wiped out the Fia as well probably because they cant tolerate a species that betrays another species, they probably also have Galantos too.

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The Fia were NOT wiped out. The Fia sold-out the Yevetha to the Yuuzhan Vong.

Warmaster Lah's last plan (before his death) was to divide and conquer. Take warring factions (like the Fia and the Yevetha), identify the one more likely to sell out the other (Fia) and in exchange for "resources," the Yuuzhan Vong will destroy the other species (Yevetha).

Of course, what the Yuuzhan Vong DON'T tell the less-aggressive species is that the "resources" they'll come collect is that species (for combat drones).

Jinkies, Scoob!

17. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    This is actually said in Remnant?

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    This is actually said in Remnant?

Yep.

19. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
  20. _Llama_JoKeR_

_Llama_JoKeR_ Jedi Youngling

Feb 8, 2003
    these forgoten realms authors who suddenly wrote starwars are totally ruining the series. pretty soon we will have jarlaxle and drizzt do'urden facing of against princess leia and han solo in a tag team wrestling bout.

21. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    Sean and Shane definitely haven't done any Forgotten Realms novels.

22. DaJames

DaJames Jedi Master star 4

Oct 1, 2000
    Personally, stuff like this is good because it not only ties up loose ends (and provides interesting info) but it reminds people that the Vong's goal is to wipe out a galaxy. They intend to leave no one who is not Vong alive and free. They went after the NR because it was the biggest organisation and navy, hence the biggest threat.

This also helps explain why the Vong haven't made any great advances since Coruscant. They've been busy facing their greatest foe.... the YEVETHA !!! ;) :p

23. Lord_Riven

Lord_Riven Jedi Master star 4

Nov 13, 2001
    Actually the Yevetha were caught unprepared and anyway it was made pretty clear in DW that the YV had lost their sole strategic reserve when Komm Karsh was killed.

24. Esplin9466

Esplin9466 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 27, 2002
    >>They've been busy facing their greatest foe.... the YEVETHA !!!<<

Greatest yet, you mean. Just wait till they come face to face with the Ssi-ruuk. :p Then they'll still have to deal with the Nagai and Tofs. [face_laugh] Muahahahahahaha, they're doomed.

25. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    How dare you revel in the death of such an interesting species! :mad:

The Yevetha may have been horrible bigots, but they were an extremely well imagined and interesting species. I weep for them.

I am really angry that so many species, (Yevetha, Barabels, Firrerreos, Beldoronians), were brought so close to extinction, (or wiped-out), on-screen in Remnant. It sours a good book for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.