Appearances for the weekend

Discussion in 'Killeen, TX' started by Tandeer, May 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I have a wedding to attend at 4:00 at the Plaza Hotel Friday . I hope to be able to make it over for at least part of the evening. Maybe to hand out flyers and such while some of ya'll are in the 8:30 movie. *S*

And Saturday, I need to be gone by 7:30. I'm going to a party that is partially for my B'day, so I have to be there.

What times and who will be there on what days? Sunshine, some info please. *S* Plus I still need the design for the flyers so I can run some at work too.

Ya'll don't faint when you see me in a dress and heels, okay! *L*

2. Darth_Fairacon Jedi Master

star 1
    hehehe I won't faint... promise.

Todd
    DF
  3. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    Be kinda funny if you did... as Vader! *LMAO*
  4. Slave_princessJedi Jedi Knight

The appearances for this weekend are scheduled for the Big one on Saturday, with Vader, troopers and Jedi, Bariss Offee and the Jawa. Friday will be done Sans the vader since he is putting on his appearance Saturday. There is no appearance for Sunday. Wed. night there was supposed to be T.V. crews and a newspaper article done. As per Mr. Woods that is now up in the air so if there are people that still want to go that is fine,but dont stress yourselves out trying to make arrangements to be there. The flier idea is a no go. Wallace theatres does not allow fliers( they term it papering) to be handed out in their theatres or on their grounds as per Mrs. Peterson.I spoke with Todd and i beleive we can get around that by using Xeroxed pictures of Todd in his Vader and Joe in his Trooper armor as well as the Jedis. We can have them sign the "picture" or we can have them pre signed and hand them to people at the appearance like we did at Wal-Mart. The "photo " and autograph change it from a flier to a novelty item that will not be disgarded. Our information can be placed along the bottom. Mr. Wood also suggested business cards. Any questions?

Thanks,

Sunshine
  5. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    What time would you like us there?
  6. JosephEck Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes, what time are we meeting up at the Killeen Theater on Friday? Quite a few of us have tickets for the 8:30 PM showing, so I was planning on being there around 6 PM or so if I was going to suit up for a walk-around gig prior to viewing the movie...
  7. pattwa_fett Jedi Knight

star 1
    I can go thursday, friday, saturday, and sunday...took a day off..let me know times
  8. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I had a good time tonight helping our two troopers Joe and Patrick get dressed and walk around. Joe scared the snot out of one lady! *L*
    I'm looking forward to tomorrow night as well.

I'm so glad that Sunshine was able to set this up for us! What fun! Even in heels and a dress! *L*
  9. Darth_Fairacon Jedi Master

star 1
    We are still on for Saturday's apearance correct?

What time are we all meeting there? Where will we change? How long will it be?

Looking forward to it.

10. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    How long I guess depends on if you have tickets for a show Saturday night. *S*

As to when to get there, I'm not sure what Sunshine arranged with Mr. Wood.

I know that the last matinee starts at 5:55 and I plan on being there before then, so if anyone needs my help, just let me know and I'll meet you there earlier if need be.

Patrick and Joe changed upstairs near Mr. Wood's office ( I presume that was his office?) It's a safe place to leave stuff while you're downstairs and you don't have to change in a crowded public bathroom. Another bennie was the elevator so no climbing in stairs in gear.

See ya'll tomorrow night!

11. Calest_DaSule Jedi Padawan

First off I had a blast.

Here comes the comments about tonight though. Not to offend anyone, but I felt very wierd at times. The theatre manager didn't know who was in charge. I think that one person, (the person that originally cooridnated the event) should be doing the talking to the managers. Having more than one person doing the talking is unprofesstional in my opionion. Doing this will knock out all the confusion. Sunshine, being the Activities Director, needs to be talking. She is good at selling ideas and getting wonderful feedback from the people we are appearing for.

I just don't want to be the laughing stock of Killeen. This is for fun and to entertain the people. If we want to do more of these functions we need to follow what I said above. We possibly need to sit ground rules for events, that way eveything can go smoothly.

Just my $0.02 (thanks Joe for a new phrase on the board)

Paul "Calest Dasule"
  12. Slave_princessJedi Jedi Knight

Thank you everyone that participated,I appreciate it.
    Mr.Wood and I discussed a few things before we left tonight,one being the times. He would like us there in time to do the 5:55 matinee,Pat mentioned doing dinner early before the appearance so if anyone is interested let me know. If not then please be there by 500.

Todd gets uncomfortable after an hour, hour and a half so to make the most of the crowds I would like him to be there a little later than the rest, to make an "entrance" So Todd if you could be there around 630 that would be great.

Mr. Woods was a little confused as to who he should be coordinating the events with.That was embarassing. too many people getting in contact with the people Im speaking to causes confusion, gives us a very unproffesional appearance, and makes us look foolish. Mr. Wood said as much to me.If we are going to continue to do public appearances then the way we are portraying our club needs to change.There needs to be some guide lines set down to help organize our efforts at getting our club recognized and taken seriously.

13. britt1 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I had a great time as well (in spite of my asthma)... maybe I need a Vader suit since I breathe like that :)

Many thanks to Sunshine for putting it all together!

I agree with Paul that one person should do the talking/coordinating for the group. I am not sure what happened but the manager seemed kinda distant toward us as we were leaving. Hopefully we didn't do anything to upset him. I do think we should give him and any of the other managers we deal with one of our pins. (if we all pitched in a couple of bucks it would pay for the pins). It would make us seem more professional and be a nice expression of gratitude toward them! The business cards Sunshine mentioned earlier would be a nice touch as well! We are in this to have fun but we don't want people laughing at us or to give the appearance that we don't know what we are doing.

Anyway just a thought!

Jim
  14. Tandeer Jedi Knight

star 3
    I hope that everyone had a good time tonight. *S*

I'm sorry that I wasn't able to be there. Trust me, I'd of much rather been there with ya'll, than the 6 hours I spent in the ER after I started throwing up blood. Kinda scary, but I'm okay now. Don't want to do that again, EVER!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.