main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Appearances- (late JA) Very small update 6-30-02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Alli-Wan, Oct 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    :) Loved the new post.

I wonder what else the good doc is thinking up for Obi. I wonder how the first day with the nurse, Obi, and Qui will go. :)

2. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Excellent post Alli-Wan! I can't wait to see what the doc and nurse have instore for our fav Jedi!

Love it! Want more! Soon! Please!

3. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Hmmm, I wonder what the devious doctor's plan is? Obi an enabler... yes, I can see it. ;-) Can't wait to see how Qui-Gon reacts to his nurse and what happens the first time he tries to order her around. I wonder if he'll try to mind trick her?

4. Jargonn

Jargonn Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2000
    This story's just getting better. I thought your brief description of depression was well done (and hope you'll have an equally good cure!), and dread to think of the battle to come :/
    ps: Could you please say hi to the girls for me? I'm a little concerned for them, especially with them acting a bit like Charlie's Angels on a mission, and the Jedi's enemies lurking somewhere.

Keep it up (and I'd love to see the Jedi mind trick!)

5. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Oh, I can't think of anything to say that won't repeat what has already been said before. I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what the Doc and Nurse have cooked up for Qui-Gon. :) :) :)

6. TrinityDay

TrinityDay Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2000
    I'm sorry the girls aren't being co-operative. I miss them. But on the bright side, it was very enjoyable listening to the plan.

Don't worry, your post was fine, even if it was a Monday.

7. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Will you post more this weekend Alli-Wan? Please say yes! :)

8. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    you must say yes alliwan, i can't bear waiting anymore...

9. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Sorry for the wait. More for you. Also, not about the nurse (I haven't figure out that part yet), but we will get there, I promise. Enjoy. --AWK

On the second morning of her vacation, Clerise was again rudely awakened. However, being that the source of the disturbance was in her room with her, and her sister at that, she was in a far better position to retaliate this time around.

"LIVY! What are you doing?!" Her older sister laughed and continued to pull the blankets and sheets off the bed and its occupant. "Let me sleep! PLEASE!" Clerise closed her eyes against the light of day and kicked blindly. Yesterday's pre-dawn adventures had caught up with her. (It's not fair. At least Jacey gets to sleep in. And Willow is always up at dawn!) Livy was relentless.

"It's time to get up, Nerf-head. We have to go to the fitters." Clerise groaned. "No complaining. Statza has already drawn your bath, and if you don't get in quick, I'll tell her to make it cold!" Clerise shook her head and reluctantly stumbled off to the washroom. She could draw her own bath for Tree's sake. She didn't need Statza to do it. The poor girl had enough to do following after Livy and their mother.

"Why did you make Statza do this?" Clerise yelled from the tub as the steam and hot water began to clear the fuzz from her brain. Livy snorted.

"Because we pay her to, silly. Not to mention that if I waited for your fuzzy brain to do it, we would be late."

"If you're so concerned, why didn't you do it?" Livy laughed outright this time.

"She offered because she knew how long it would take me to get you out of bed. She couldn't believe how earlier you left yesterday morning." Clerise grumbled and pulled the plug, mindlessly watching the draining water swirl a moment more before climbing out of the tub and getting dressed. Once dressed, left the washroom and hurried to the kitchen. If she was quick enough, she could get something to eat before Livy dragged her out to the groundcar.

"Good morning, Clerise." Clerise gratefully accepted the steaming cup of tea Marza handed to her, gulping it down before Livy came in to snatch it away. Marza smiled indulgently. Statza was one of the family's maids, and acted accordingly. Marza was one of the family's cooks, but acted more like Clerise's grandmother. In a way she was, having worked and cared for Clerise's mother before her. "Two mornings in a row you are out and about so early. You must bring your jacket with you, so cold out there." Cheeks warmed by the tea, Clerise smiled at the cook's light accent.

"It's summer, it isn't that cold, Marza." Marza shook her head.

"Forget you do, little Clerise. This is the summer house, by the sea. Chilly mornings we have here. You ran out of here yesterday with no warm sleeves. Chasing boys, and no coat? What will I be doing with you?" Clerise shook her head and grabbed a leftover pastry from the breadbox.

"I wasn't the one chasing boys, Marza. I was the chaperone. Jacey is the one after the Braid Boy." The old cook frowned.

"Braid Boy? He makes braids?" Clerise plucked a string fruit from the rack and demonstrated.

"No, no Marza. He has a braid on the side of his head, like this." The gray-haired cook nodded in comprehension.

"Ahh-ahh. You are meaning the boy in the green beach house, yes?" Clerise's hand, still grasping the string fruit fell nervelessly into her lap.

"You know him? How?" Marza grinned.

"No, I do not know him. But I am knowing who you mean." Clerise silently mouthed 'how?' The old cook turned to put some biscuits into the oven. "Gossip among the servants, nothing more. Something I heard from the cook and the V'lrum estate." Marza's mouth clamped shut and she shoved another cup of tea in Clerise's hand. "Drink, drink. It will be keeping you warm." Clerise complied quickly.

"But how do they know?" Marza snorted.

"The beach house is being part of the estate." Clerise nodded. She had wondered who owned the small dwelling, but had never t

10. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    She'll be dragged through the dirt by Jacey's leash! ;) *snicker* A thoroughly enjoyable post, Alli-Wan! And of course I'm looking forward to more! Post again soon, please! :D

11. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    I love the addition of Marza. She sounds like a person 'who don't put up with no bull'. (Sorry, relatively local colloquilism here).

Alli-Wan, this is great! :) :) :)

12. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    SHE POSTED!!!!!!! yipie!
    Okay, I take it the beach house belongs to Valorim... is he chancler or just a senater at this time... and what else does the dear grandma cook know, and what is obi's "mission" and what will happen next? Please post really soon. I know it must take time to write such wonderful posts but... is there anything we can do to help hurry your muse along, you know help prod the plot bunny...

Thanks for another excelent post!

;~D

13. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Ah, the servants of course, no secret is really safe from them. :) I wonder what Marza has heard and how much she's figured out. Is the beach house part of the Valorum estate? I wouldn't have put the two together if Kaylla hadn't mentioned it and now I wonder. Can't wait to see what you come up with next. Great post. :)

14. Alli-Wan

Dec 21, 1999
    Many interesting comments out there. Glad to see you all are enjoying this. I have a new, surprisingly long, post for you. However, if it is not up to standard, I blame it on the climate control. I swear, it's 40 degrees F in the computer lab today and my hands feel like ice. Brrr! In any case, enjoy. --AWK

Kelvan parked his speeder once more and scanned the parking lot. Fewer chauffeurs today. (Good.) He had enough things to take care of right now.

?Come on in, Obi-Wan. I promise, we don?t bite.? Obi-Wan managed a weak smile. ?We do stick you with big needles, but we don?t bite.? The boy?s grin broadened, as he?d hoped, but Kelvan could see the tension of being away from the beach house could not be dispelled so easily. (So much for an accurate blood pressure reading.)

Kelvan led the way up the ramp and into the brightly lit clinic. Several patients sat in the waiting room, several nurses and healers came in and out from the different examination rooms, and, as usual, Oalos manned, well, monitored the desk.

?Oalos, this is Obi-Wan, the patient I discussed with you yesterday.? Kelvan glanced at the assignment board. ?Please take him to room five and begin his checkup. I will be in shortly for the more complicated tests.? Oalos nodded, then stared at the newcomer. Obviously this was not the damaged Jedi; this one walked normally and was too small. Plus, he didn?t look like the picture the Netrid had seen. True, the different humanoids did seem to all look alike at first, but there were enough differences that at least Oalos could tell this was a not the same one. This must be the apprentice then. The student Jedi. Although Kelvan had said to be quiet about that.

?You are Kenobi, yes?? Obi-Wan nodded. ?Come with me, please.? Wordlessly, the young humanoid followed the Netrid. Oalos glanced over its shoulder, confusion evident by its ever-swirling colors. The young man was not staring at it. New patients always stared at it. It had always assumed this was because their eyesight was particularly poor. Perhaps this young humanoid could see the Netrid just fine because he was learning about Jedi-Force or something. Oalos wondered what else he could see.

Oalos led the apprentice to room five, sized him up a moment, then handed him a paper gown. The young Jedi took it wordlessly. Oalos began to wonder if Jedi took vows of silence like other religious orders, and if they did, how they could possibly be such good negotiators. (They could use droids?) Oalos turned to the young humanoid.

?I will leave now so you can change clothes with me gone. I will come back soon so you should be fast.? Oalos left, glad it had remembered this little detail. The first time it had done this kind of examination, it had waited quietly for nearly fifteen minutes for the patient to take off their clothes, and was just on the verge of deciding the clothing was in fact plumage when Kelvan intervened, apologizing for the lapse. Later he had explained privately to the confused Netrid that humanoids have very different comfort levels in terms of dress. Oalos didn?t see how the paper gowns with no backs helped much if this was the case, but decided not to argue. Having finally counted down from one centum in its native tongue, Oalos knocked on the door.

?Are you covered with paper so I can come in?? As soon as the words left its mouth, the Netrid cursed silently. If the young Jedi did take a vow of silence, how could the query be answered? Oalos didn?t want the Jedi to break any oaths. It was about to ask instead for the youth to please open the door if all redressing was done when a quiet voice answered.

?Yes, come in.? Oalos frowned. Apparently young Jedi do speak. (Maybe I must speak first.) With a roll of its shoulders (the Netrid equivalent of a shrug), Oalos entered the room and examined the patient. The young Jedi was sitting calmly on the examination table, wearing the paper gown. Beige clothing and brown boots were tucked into the appropriate cubby. Appare

15. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    That was great Alli-Wan, what do you mean below standard! I loved every bit of it. LOL!!! Oalos is hysterically funny! You did an amazing and splendid job! :D

16. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    YAHOOOHMYGOODNESSSHEPOSTEDANDITSALONGPOST!!!!!

Nope, nodda, neyet, la, and other various ways to say the negative... no. Not iffy in the least not sub standard, not infierior... fantastic! I loved it!!

Don't worry Oalas... as soon as Willow realizes who is also at the clinic she will forget all about your gender questions....

17. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I loved it! I loved every one of Oalos' questions (especially the wording), his mental ruminations and comments and conclusions! And Obi-Wan's answers! Too funny! If I wanted to praise everything that caught my fancy, there'd be a little comment after each and every one of your sentences! Wonderful post! Excellent ideas! Keep up the great work!

Will Obi-Wan and Willow meet here? Obi-Wan properly dressed--or not? *waggles eyebrows* Or will Willow have to report a near-miss to her friends? I hope you can post more soon!

18. Jee-dai

Jee-dai Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2000
    LOL!! I love the question & answer and how Oalos thinks Kelvan is pulling his leg. :)

19. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    Love it! Love it! Love it!

I can't get enough of this! I hope you have more soon!

20. Abbi_Cee

Jul 3, 2000
    Great post and so funny! I loved the interaction between Oalos and Obi-Wan. He seemed so puzzled by Obi's reactions, or non reactions, to his questions and I loved the bit where Kelvan went to check Obi's reactions and Obi-Wan caught the ball in mid-air. And Oalos' reaction! Poor Oalos, he really is having trouble dealing with other humanoids, but I gather he really doesn't know much about Jedi. In fact, now that I think about it, just how much do other peoples know about the Jedi? What do Clerise and her freinds know about Jedi? What would her father say about them?

I wonder if Willow will meet up with "braid boy" and what she will learn, if anything. I hope she will be too distracted and treat Oalos better, it just isn't the poor guys day. :)

21. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Just found this thread, and am enjoying it.

I like the contrast between the girls on the one hand (sheltered and protected, twittering about men, marriage, and what to wear) and Qui/Obi on the other (with Qui-Gon ill and Obi-Wan trying to be strong, taking danger and injury as a matter of course), with Clerise somewhere in the middle.

I can see the point made earlier, that there wasn't really anything there at the beginning to stamp it 'Star Wars' as opposed to any other futuristic story setting. You seem to be addressing that now, though, Alli.

The thing that always sets the Star wars scene for me are the bizarre contrasts between starships and riding animals, droids and slaves, high-tech and low-tech. In a way you've got something of that in the contrasts between the backgrounds of the characters, but that only works if you already know about Qui and Obi's backgrounds (not that anyone reading this WON'T know about that, of course). However you brought out a little of the sheer diversity that is SW with Oalos. Now THERE'S a classic character. Love him (it?) to pieces.

Sorry, rambling on somewhat. Tending towards the 'critique', I think. Let me add some encouragement to that- you're doing a great job, and I'm looking forwards to finding out how the story will unfold. Keep it going!

Onwards and upwards.

22. Jargonn

Oct 7, 2000
    Thanks! Those last posts were awesome Alli-Wan, you've a vivid imagination and the talent to back it up. The vow of silence thing was really funny, as were all the parts with Oalos in them.
    I've had easier days, but reading this has made it a hell of a lot better all of a sudden. Keep it up!

23. Alli-Wan

Dec 21, 1999
    Another post. Sorry, been very busy. Will try to post on JD tommorow. Very cold here. It's snowing outside, and I think the air-conditioning is on in this computer lab. (Fingers frozen, fingernails purple-ish. Must go outside to go home, but it's probably warmer out there.) Enjoy the post. Comments welcome. --AWK

?Take off your clothes and put this on.? Clerise eyed the slip in distrust. It seemed just the slightest bit too . . . sheer.

?I brought my slip.? Livy shook her head.

?Yes, dear. I saw you take it out of your bag. You can?t wear that one. It?s too thick and will show through the dress. A slip should be invisible.? Clerise furrowed her brow. That slip had been perfectly fine last year. And how thin was this dress material if this perfectly fine slip would show? Clerise scowled openly.

?Yes, Livy. A slip should be invisible because it?s covered in dress. What did you and Mother pick for me this time?? Visions of translucent, pastel horrors drifted through her mind. Livy chuckled.

?Put the slip on and you?ll find out.? Clerise scowled harder. Livy was relentless and completely without remorse. ?Keep frowning and your face will stick like that. And stop fretting about the slip. You?re grown up now. You can?t wear a little girl?s slip like that forever.? Clerise flushed hotly.

?I did NOT bring a little girl?s slip. I brought a perfectly sensible one.? She picked at the seam of the slip Livy had handed her. ?This slip is, . . . is . . .?

?Is perfectly befitting a young lady, not a child. Stop acting like one and put it on.? Livy confiscated Clerise?s old (and admittedly outgrown) slip and turned to her own changing room.

?But, it?s practically see-through. They?ll see my underwear!? Livy?s laugh came over the low wall.

?You could have them fit the dress without it. Then they will really see your??

?Alright! Alright!? Clerise complied. Livy did have a point. Besides, the sooner they got this started, the sooner it would be finished. Grumbling, Clerise joined Livy outside the dressing room, her sister dressed in just as sheer a slip as she was. Livy shook her head.

?Don?t worry, they?ll make you put on your dress and stick you with pins soon enough.?

?Oh, joy.? Livy opened her mouth to say something, but stopped as the dressmaker came into the room, her eyes lighting up as she took in the shimmering clouds of material the same color as fine champagne.

?That?s it! That?s just the right color!? Livy began chattering away with the seamstress until a second fitter came in, this time bearing a gown of pale green. Clerise raised her eyebrow, hoping the color looked better under natural light, (or that she could spend most of the engagement party in her room.) After several moments, Livy noticed Clerise?s gown had been brought in, and motioned her over. ?Here it is, Clerise. Mother and I tried to find something you would at least find bearable.? Clerise squinted at the gown, trying not to seem ungrateful. (Sea foam? Why sea foam?) A most distressing shade of green. The fitter shrugged.

?Thank you,? Clerise managed. (Sea foam?) At least this party was a masquerade. (Maybe I can convince Statza to wear it. Or Marza.) She giggled as she realized the elder cook would probably love this color. With an inward sigh, Clerise surrendered to the inevitable sea foam dress.

And after her initial reactions, the situation really didn?t seem so bad (barring the occasional misdirected pin). Despite the revolting color of the gown, Clerise could see why Livy and their mother would think she would like it. The cut was conservative, and not constricting. Loose, flowing skirt, respectable neckline, delicate sleeves. Not a child?s dress, but not beyond her comfort levels.

Despite the sea foam, she was almost beginning to like it.

After several hours of good posture and sharp pricks, both girls were allowed to return to their normal clothes. As they emerged from the changing rooms, Livy made her way to the counter

24. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    Thank you for posting! So, Clerise has a bunch of annoying relatives and concerned family servants. I wonder what exactly they'd discover about Obi-wan? Or what bizarre mis-conceptions. ;p heehee!

I can hardly wait for more! You are doing great Alli-Wan!

25. Jargonn

Oct 7, 2000
    Brilliant! This story is one of my favorites; I find it really fun and thought-provoking at the same time. I especially liked the adversity-injustice thing, very true, and something we should always keep in mind.
    I also really liked Verlan, I hope he can star in a segment of the story (maybe a rescue?).
    Please post soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.