main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Appearances- (late JA) Very small update 6-30-02

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Alli-Wan, Oct 27, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Yippee, another post! Onwards and upwards!

2. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    How ironic. Just as Clerise and her friends are stalking Obi, Clerise has someone watching her. :) I wonder if the young man from the good school is as inocent as Clerise and her friends. Poor Clerise, how stifling her life must seem at times and now to find out that her family has been looking for her husband since she was fifteen. Can't wait for your next post.

3. jedi_dawn2dusk

jedi_dawn2dusk Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 22, 2000
    What is this doing all the way back here?! It should be on the front page!
    Alli-Wan this story is really interesting and well written. I love having the two seperate plots and both are really interesting. I espescially cannot wait to see what is wrong with Qui-jon. Hope you have a good morning/afternoon/evening with lots of time to post again. Thanks for sharing your story

(on knees) Plllllleeeeaaaseeee post more soon!

4. Kaylla Norn

Kaylla Norn Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 2000
    post!PLEASE!postpost!PLEASE!post!PLEASE!post
    post!PLEASEPLEEEASEPLEASE!post!PLEASE!post

5. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    Yea, what Kaylla said.

6. jedi_dawn2dusk

Sep 22, 2000
  7. Julie

Julie Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 1, 1998
    Please post more soon Alli-Wan! Please! I hope Darth RL hasn't abducted you!

8. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    I'm dreaming of a post from Ali, just like the ones posted before.....

9. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Sorry, not Darth RL (who is Darth RL?), but it is Darth Biophysics (the one who makes me wish I took physics as an undergrad instead of Histology). ;) BIG paper due early next week. Need to think up experiments which utilize stuff we learned in class, and probably math I may have heard about in high school, but can't remember because it wasn't on the Regents. Oh well. (In any case, I'll try to post either here or on JD tomorrow night if I'm successful with Pubmed searches tonight.) MTFBWY, AWK

BTW- the "F" stood for "Force", not "Finals". We have enough of those already.

10. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    RL is Darth Real Life, often seen in the company of Darth Time. A few rare times during the year you'll also be attacked by Darth Final Exams, but only students claim to have seen him. ;)

I love your story!!! :D

11. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    Oh man... just came back from my holidays...

I think the story is doing real nicely, Alli-Wan :)

Just a point about the brackets: How about using //[message]// instead, like most other fanfic authors? It sure seems to be the norm around here, and is less intrusive that the brackets... just a suggestion, of course...

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  12. Alli-Wan

Alli-Wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 21, 1999
    Greetings.

Ahh, so that is who Darth RL is. Yes, I know that one well. Often accompanied by Darth I Have No Life and Darth My Family Thinks I'm Crazy.

It has been brought to my attention that my dialogue has been confusing. I am trying to remedy the situation. Many thanks to the anonymous concientious reader who told me what exactly was confusing. This post is dedicated to said person, though it's kind of short and nothing much happens, so if I have a more exciting post later, you can claim that one if you want to. ;) Thank you reader.

Enjoy the following iffy bridging post if you can.

Poor Oalos. Hee hee hee. --AWK

Jacey?s face lit up as soon as Clerise entered the clinic.

?You?re here! We thought you?d miss it!? Without another word, Jacey grabbed Clerise?s hand and steered her to a seat next to Willow in the waiting room. Clerise glanced at both of her friends. Jacey seemed ready to jump out of her skin. Willow remained sedate, but a small half-smile tugging at her lips gave away her anticipation.

?I?m sorry,? Clerise began to explain why she had so nearly been late. ?The seamstress took longer than we thought she would.?

?And how was this one? Did Livy and your mother pick out an appropriately unfit dress for you this time??

?Yes, Clerise. What did it look like? What color was it? Was it really short, or really low cut??

Clerise shook her head. ?It wasn?t so bad this time Willow. And no, Jacey, it wasn?t too short, and it wasn?t low cut. This is an engagement masquerade, not a cocktail party.? Jacey glared in response and Willow released a short laugh. Jacey had a history of less than conservative fashion taste at similar formal functions. Clerise continued. ?However, Livy and Mother still managed to pick a truly awful color I?m sure they thought I would love.? Clerise related her impressions of the dreaded sea foam hue. Willow raised an eyebrow and discreetly suggested Clerise?s relatives get their vision checked. Jacey made gagging noises until Clerise reminded her they were in a healer?s clinic and one of the nurses seemed to getting concerned.

?At least most of the masquerade will take place after sunset,? Willow remarked.

Clerise agreed heartily. ?And at least I can wear a mask. Or someone else can wear a mask.?

?Willow Platinas,? came the almost resigned-sounding announcement. Clerise and Jacey began to giggle as Willow steeled herself, then all three rose, the patient limping ahead while her friends trailed behind at a respectful distance. Willow reached the desk and pushed her glasses further up her nose, shielding both her eyes and her intentions.

?Yes?? The receptionist pushed a sign-in pad and datapen across the desk. Willow signed in coolly, then passed it back. ?Pardon me, may I ask you a question?? Up until this point, the receptionist had been just this side of white in color, but grayed at her request. Giggles were heard from somewhere behind a large plant.

?You may ask. I may answer.? The giggles, though now muffled, still grew louder.

?What is your mating type?? The leaves on the rather large bush began to shake. Oalos blinked.

?Alpha-gamma-delta-beta.? Oalos straightened up in relief. That had been an easy question. It had expected something like ?are you blind and stupid?? or ?were you dropped on your head?? Behind her glasses, Willow remained expressionless.

?Oh.? Giggles rose in crescendo, followed by the sound of running feet. Clerise soon appeared at Willow?s elbow.

?Jacey felt the need for a little air.?

Willow nodded. ?Of course.? It was getting a little hard not to give in to nervous laughter, but both girls managed. So far.

?Is everything alright out here, Oalos?? The Netrid turned in surprise, then nodded. Kelvan took in the girl?s expressions and allowed himself a small smile. Yes, this was a very good idea. ?Good. Why don?t you take Miss Platinas into room 6 and check over her ankle? I?ll be in shortly to go over it with you.? Neither Oalos n

13. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    Hmmm, You don't supose the help is assisting one said jedi padawan do you? And how has the great healer become aquanted with her name? Through Willow? or elsewhere? Please post soon!!!!

14. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    This dialogue wasn't confusing at all. I thought it was rather bold and funny of Willow to ask about Oalos' mating type. But the question that Healer Spryte had for Clerise was much more intriguing. Do I sense a plan for Clerise to lure Obi-Wan away from the cottage as much as possible so that Qui-Gon and the nurse can have their battle of wills without witnesses--I mean, without somebody to take sides and tip the scales unfairly? How deft of Healer Spryte to pick Clerise and not one of her fluffy-brained friends. Although the question "What is your mating type?" directed at Obi-Wan would probably take his mind right off Qui-Gon--at least for a minute or two. (And then he'd probably run and hide behind his master's chair!) Keep going! It's great to read your posts and it's also great to sit and anticipate what's coming next--but not for too awfully long!

15. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    I liked it! I hope you'll write the next part soon too!

Every part with poor Oalos is hysterically funny! You are doing a great job, Alli-Wan! :)

16. Jedi Gryph Grin

Jedi Gryph Grin Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 25, 1999
    Hmmm, I can't think of anything adequate to say that hasn't already been said. Keep up the great work Alli-Wan! :) :) :)

17. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    That was great!!!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  18. TrinityDay

TrinityDay Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 6, 2000
    That was great. I hope Darth RL leaves you alone so you can get the next part up quickly. I want to know what this question is.

19. Abbi_Cee

Abbi_Cee Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2000
    Hmmm, now I wonder what kind of help Kelvan needs from Cerise. Could it have anything to do with a certain Jedi apprentice? Wait a minute... isn't Obi in room 5? I wonder if he and Willow will run into to each other?

20. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    I'm really, really looking forward to more of this delightful story, Alli-Wan!

21. Kaylla Norn

Mar 2, 2000
    Ali-Wan please please please please post soon! Before christmas would be prefured! please!!!!

22. HaiGan

HaiGan Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2000
    Hmm. The plot twists and turns like a twisty, turny thing. Just what does the good healer have in mind here? I wait with interest to find out...

23. mouse2

mouse2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 1999
    AHHHHHH! I keep getting sucked in thinking that there is a post!

Alli-Wan please post for us soon!

24. Julie

Aug 1, 1998
    I feel the same way mouse! AKK!! There's no post! Oh please, please, Alli-Wan come back soon! :)

25. jedi_dawn2dusk

Sep 22, 2000
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.