main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Apple/Mac discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Wait. IS THE VIBRATE DIFFERENT FROM THE 4? WHY HASN'T THIS BEEN REPORTED?!!!!!!

2. darth_boy

darth_boy Jedi Grand Master star 7

Apr 1, 2001
    lol
    I'm not saying it's an earth shattering change. But it does show how much apple look into products, if even a minor function like that is improved on. And considering I'm on my phone for half the day for one thing or another, it's a good change.

Anyway Vodafone finally transferred my number over, so today will be the first day I will be exclusively on the new phone, rather than switching between the two.

3. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I wasn't being sarcastic. Now I have to buy this phone.

4. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Now only if I could get itunes to install on my laptop and my iphone will actually be worth the upgrade I used. I had to use my wife's itunes to do the contacts which is stupid.

5. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Anyone's have the rattle?

6. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    All my iPhones since the 4 (we have had 5 in our house) have a feint rattle, it's the compass isn't it? You can barely hear it

7. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    My 3GS was rattle free, but anyway this particular rattle seems to come from the camera. It's very noticeable when the device is placed on a hard surface - even gently. I know it's the camera because (and I didn't work this out myself!) if you open the camera and focus on a distance object the rattle is still present (just tap the casing), but if you near-focus the rattle disappears.

Seems a bit odd.

8. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    not getting that tbh

9. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    Think yourself lucky. Seems quite a few 4S's have the same issue.

10. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    probably not even 1% considering 1000 blog posts dont even come close to a blip when they sold 4 million in one weekend. If you have a problem with it just get it changed at an apple store, theyre usually ok with things like that in my experience.

11. Bacon164

Mar 22, 2005
    I scratched my phone and they replaced it for free. No Apple Care.

Same with iPad.

IT'S AWESOEMEMEMDE

12. darth_boy

Apr 1, 2001
    hah yeah. My sister had a massive dent in her ipad, and it kept crashing (she caused the dent). It was like 10 months after she bought it, but they gave her a brand new one

One of my chargers for macbook burned down (their fault) they replaced it.

My macbook (old white one) case cracked like 3 times, and they replaced it.

and other stuffs

13. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Still can't install iTunes on my computer. Windows 7 64 bit piece of garbage.

14. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    It's not the OS's fault, you know. I have the same OS on several computers, all with iTunes. :p

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I've pretty much given up. The only thing I can try now is re-installing windows but I never got windows CD's with this laptop.

16. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    What errors are you getting?

Also there would be some way to make system restore disks for your laptop.

17. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm burning the DVD now. I just had to Google it. After talking to Applecare nerds for an hour it's something in my registry. Toshiba told me to reinstall windows so that's where I am at.

18. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Well after a clean install of windows I was able to install iTunes finally. Now I can finally put music on my phone.

19. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Figured I'd repost this over in this thread, since it's an unexpected use of Apple tech:

"The Avengers" Used iPhone 4 For Filming

"The Avengers" director of photography Seamus McGarvey has made the surprising admission that Joss Whedon's upcoming superhero team-up project used some unconventional shooting techniques.

Specifically several shots of the big-budget tentpole were done with the iPhone 4, in fact some them actually made it into the recent teaser trailer.

"The beauty of photography or cinema is that you make every choice based on the content at hand. On The Avengers, I did a couple of shots on the iPhone and they are in the movie. In fact, they are in the trailer! I understand that sometimes there is no choice and you have to go for the cheapest option, but if you are limited for choice, you can still make poignant decisions that will effect the look of the film" McGarvey told IFTN.

Sadly the cinematographer didn't says which shots were specifically crafted using the smart phone, but the quality of the footage in the trailer itself never demonstrated any visible shift in quality.

20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  21. Jabbadabbado

Jabbadabbado Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 19, 1999
    Interesting article about what Apple should do with its $82 billion in cash reserves.

None of that makes the slightest bit of sense to me.

All Apple needs to do to dominate consumer electronics for the next decade is create an Apple TV. A giant iPad that hangs on the wall, integrated with the app store. They'll dominate the video game industry for a decade. They can completely re-imagine cable tv schedule interfaces the way they re-imagined voicemail menus for the iPhone. They can ship each tv with a redesigned iPod touch that doubles as a remote centered around activities the way the high end Harmony Remotes work.

22. SithGirl132

SithGirl132 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 6, 2005
    Has anyone had any success in upgrading logic boards themselves? I just inherited a PowerBook G4, and it's in awesome shape but really could do with a new logic board. It's so far off warranty that it isn't even funny, and if it doesn't work out, I'm fine with trashing the computer.

23. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    I might order my 4s today as a belated birthday present to myself. I was waiting until we just happened to be near a ln Apple store but they didn't have the 16GB at the one we walked into yesterday.

24. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Finally got an iPad2 a few weeks ago, really loving it so far. But where are the Apple Weather and Stock apps?

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    One of the biggest things I was worried about when I switched to an iPhone was not being able to watch flash videos. I downloaded Skyfire web browser today and it's awesome. I highly recommend it if you watch a bunch of videos or streaming content on your phone.