main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Apple/Mac discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by KnightWriter, Jun 21, 2006.

1. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I actually really love the new keyboard...

Bacon164 and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Back when I had iOS 8 on my iPhone 6, I could turn off my WiFi at work via the shortcut menu, use LTE, then flip WiFi back on and it would connect right back to my work's WiFi.

After upgrading to iOS 9, when I flip the "switch" back to on, it doesn't auto connect. I reset my network settings, hoping that would fix it and no dice. Any advice?

BTW, Staples has $150 off on their iPad Air 2s, all models. I pulled the trigger on a 16GB today.

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    TiniTinyTony
    just checked Apple's support forums. Looks like your inability to connect to WiFi with iOS 9 might be a bug. :(

I wonder if it has anything to do with the new WiFi Assist feature which purposely switches from WiFi to Cellular when the phone detects a bad Wifi Connection?

If you've got Applecare+ I'd suggest you give Apple a call and have the engineers work on it. When I had issues with iOS 8, I not only did that but also filled out the iPhone feedback form and within a day of calling and filling out the form, my mail issues were fixed.

I almost pulled the trigger on the Staples deal too, but my mom is so non-tech she insists on using her iPad 2. Now I just have to sit tight until the iPad Pro comes out.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  4. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Really? They didn't have little wizards at Cupertino decide for you, like they do with every other element of that inferior handset?

Amazing.

5. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Hey! You aren't Amazing!

Never sully AmazingB again, or there will be pistols at dawn.

Coruscant and Ender Sai like this.
  6. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    I never even would have known I should be outraged if I wasn't tagged, but now I'm outraged!

Amazing.

Diggy and PRENNTACULAR like this.
  7. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    ender's ripping off schticks like he's tim cook introducing iOS9!

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    How dare you

PRENNTACULAR likes this.
  9. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Bubbling up nicely for another forgotten AmazingB Awareness Month.

10. lexu

lexu Force Ghost star 6

May 28, 2002
    What a relief, I'd gone five minutes without recalling Ender Sigh had an opinion. Thank you for your valuable and necessary contributions here.

Ender Sai likes this.
  11. AmazingB

AmazingB Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2001
    This year I'll add a stylus.

Relevance.

Amazing.

12. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    Not that I need or, nor would I normally get it, but I will be getting the iPhone 6s. I'm fed up with Verizon so I am switching back to AT&T and when I do that, it's pretty much the best deal to get the new 6s. Normally I get every other iPhone, sticking with the whole numbers, 4, 5 and 6 so far. Looking forward to force touch though!

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  13. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001

I've had AT&T since the last day of 2008 and have been pretty okay with them overall. The local stores have always given me great customer service, which I've appreciated. I can't afford to get a new phone anytime soon, so I'll be staying with my 5 for awhile, but the 5 I have now is an insurance replacement, so instead of it being over two years old now, it's only a couple months old.

14. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I just bailed on AT&T because they screwed me over royally 2x in the past year and their actual service is awful here in NY. It could be different elsewhere.

I'm 100% fine with a flip phone, but I do need some kind of portable for my commute, sadly the iPad Mini 4 as nice as it is, is not that portable device.

F.Y.I. iOS 9 bugs

there were all kinds of bugs with safari, mail. In my case, iCloud was the culprit. Once I did an erase & restore, set up as new iPad and did NOT set up my iCloud account suddenly the vast majority of iOS 9 bugs vanished.

Wishing El Capitan undoes the bs that Mavericks and Yosemite did to my iMac. Apple did right by me when they replaced my iPhone 6 at no cost earlier this month, but the carrier bullpucky/plan prices and price for the phones are just ridiculous.

15. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Happy Strilo iPhone 6s Day, everyone!

16. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
  17. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    i ordered the 6s plus through work, so should get it in a day or two. i used to be with apple, then switched to samsung for something different, now switching back again for something different again. i'm not really a fanboy of either device. but at the end of the day, i cba customising a phone too much, and the things i thought i'd like - expandable storage, battery etc, i never really used. and they're no longer relevant anyway. plus samsung is just as gimmicky thesedays, the 'edge' is pretty useless.

18. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    God no. Space Grey.

19. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    Guys I got an Apple Watch and it's the best thing

20. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
  21. PRENNTACULAR

Dec 21, 2005
    it really is

22. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    I wish iOS 9 was the best thing. Bricked the WiFi my iPod Touch :rolleyes: and back that had to go. I am waiting until Apple fixes the WiFi in a future update before I replace the Touch.

23. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    what is wizard about it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

24. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    PRENNTACULAR are you still loving the iwatch? I'm thinking of buying one as a Xmas prezzie for someone.

25. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I have had an iWatch since June. I love itttttt.