main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Appo's Departure Nears

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by LordZannah, May 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Hi gang,

FIRSTLY ::: We want to apologize for not being able to make a fair well dinner out as of yet.

Things had gotten very hectic to put it mildly around here. He's been gearing up, trying to make the house around here as user friendly for me as possible for the next little bit of time, and on top of everything, (can you believe this?) He wound up coming down with Mononucleosis and complications with Pneumonia. [face_sick] The pneumonia didn't get bad because I ... (had a bad feeling :mad: .... and made him go to the emergency room. He kept saying he only had a flu and it would pass.... but I listened to my gut and didn't take no for an answer.

At any rate, when all the tests came back, he was diagnosed with mono and his lung X-ray showed a mild case of peew-monia just setting in to the back of his right lower lung. Because he went into the emergency room when he did, it was caught as it was just getting started. Eee-Gads.

We asked the Dr. about how he could have contracted it, and they told us that it was epidemic in Jefferson and Bullit county right now, and he could have gotten it anywhere. Apparently this one is air born, and could be contracted by breathing in air particles if you are close enough to the infected person.

He is O.K. now, but on top of everything, we didn't need this right now. It put him down during the time he was supposed to be spending time at home with me. O.K., I"m whinnying about that (yep, spelling correct on that one.. whinnying) and he was the one who was sick. :oops: O.K.... moving right along... so at any rate.... we apologize for not being able to make plans of yet for a farewell dinner... and for what I am about to say to you all.

SECONDLY:::
    We are going to try and set something up for the middle of this coming week. Tentatively for Wednesday the 1st or Thursday the 2nd of June. I know this is a horrid way to do this, and because of such a short notice, many of you may not be able to make this one, and possibly none of you. Heck, I'm not even sure if we'll be able to pull it off. After this Saturday, he will have no more days off until he leaves... however, he wants to see as many of you as possible, so we will try.

He has to go in on Sunday and begin the load out process, so when he gets home on Sunday, he will know more about what his schedule for next week will be. We are sooo sorry about all of this.

We'll let you know if we can set something up, but we can at least let you know that we would like to go to either Smokey Bones or Cheddars (the Cheddars on the Outterloop, just off of 65)

I'll let you know more after Sunday.

And lastly ::: Thank you all so much for all the support and especially the lack of pressure. We appreciate and cherish every single one your friendships, now more than ever. [:D]

2. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    a: hope he gets better soon.
    b: if we can get together, great. if not, give him our love.
    c: I'm ten minutes away, sister. 5 if you really need help. We've known each other for almost 14 years now. so don't feel bad if you need something.

3. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    No need to apologize...we know things are very busy for you all...thank you for including us in your plans [:D]

4. BulbousFreak

BulbousFreak Jedi Knight star 1

May 17, 2007
    Sorry to hear Appo has been sick. Hope he's 100% ASAP.

Whenever and whatever you all feel like doing to celebrate we will do our best to be there.

5. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Hi guys, it's just not going to happen. There is no rhyme nor reason to his days right now. Since Sunday, he hasn't been able to walk threw the door until after 6:00pm. and mentally exhausted.

He asks that I relay this [quote Appo],"I send my best to all of you. Fair winds, and I bid you take care of yourselves, and the Fates willing and the creek don't rise, I'll see all of you again in a few months".[end quote]

I'll see you all at the book club meeting this coming Monday. Wow, the book club night got here quick this time. :eek: I need to buckle down now, and finish this read! [face_dancing]

6. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Sorry to hear that. We'll just have to make up for it with a big Welcome Home party when he gets back. I'm sure you'll take good care of him with care packages and such while he's gone but let us know if we can do anything for him (or you) while he's away.

I'll go ahead and start a June Meet and Eat thread then.

See you at book club on Monday!

7. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I hope Appo gets better, and we'll definitely have to have a welcome back party when he returns!

8. Relin

Relin Jedi Master star 2

May 17, 2010
    Hope he gets better soon, we will have a huge welcome back party, wishes him a safe trip and May the Force Be With Him...Always.

9. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    Cognus and I send our well wishes to Appo as well!

10. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Thanks everyone. And yea, he got over the Mono about three weeks ago, so he's fine now. I have some pics of the Ceremony that I'll post when I have time to get them into the computer and my photo bucket account.

See you all tomorrow. [:D]

11. LordZannah

Aug 18, 2010
    Here's the photos of the ceremony, and a couple which were taken at home.

Direct Link
    http://s614.photobucket.com/albums/tt223/Darth_Zannah/Chucks%20Deployment%20Celebration/

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU......... and serve you well my Lord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.