main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

'Apprentices' Round Robin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jedi_Alman, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moff_D

Moff_D Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Uhhhh....is anything happening here or what?

2. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    I don't know whether to try and help think of a plot first, or to think of a character...
    Thinking of a character would give me ideas for a plot, probably...

Anyone else got any ideas?

*sets to work thinking up a good character*

3. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    That's like asking if the chicken or the egg came first: the plot bunny or the character?

In my experience, the plot bunny comes first and the characters fall into place out of neccessity.

I'm just waiting for the right plot bunny to bite me. If I come up with one or if someone else does, then we'll be ready to start work.

4. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Ack, sorry I haven't checked in here for a little bit, been having computer troubles and all.

Umm, let's see here... what's the basic age group that we're doing for these apprentices? Teens? YOunger kids?

:Targeter:

5. JediVeloJinn

JediVeloJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2003
    Hello.

Is it too late to join? And, if I'm going to join, you'll have to tell me what books/fanfic to read to catch up on. I've read books 1 and 2 (I think.) of ..... um ...... when Luke's recruiting new Jedi Apprentices. And the one where Leia meets um.... a contender for Han, and Luke meets the Witches of Dathomir. Yeah, I've not read all that much of beyond the saga. Was stuck in "before the saga". But I read "Ultra stessed Jedi students" and found it so good that I have this intense burning desire to join a RR. I like the idea of being a Jedi, (who would've guessed from my name? :p)

So, what say you (all)?

~Velo

6. -Erela-

-Erela- Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 9, 2004
    I'd love to join too, if you want more authors. But um...aside from being written by several authors, I'm not really sure how a RR works. Any info on that would be great. :)

-Erela

7. Jedi_Alman

Jedi_Alman Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    So far nothing has happened on this project. I myself got a bit distracted by a new fic that I am working on. However, it would still be fun to work on this.

I think that the most important books to read for this RR would be the YJK and JJK books, as well as I, Jedi and the JA trilogy. Those would give the most background knowledge about the Academy and Yavin 4.

So whoever we have that is interested, we can go ahead and start placing some character profiles.

8. JediVeloJinn

JediVeloJinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2003
    Wow. That's a fast response. I'll try to find the books at my library. I don't know how long it'll take me to read them. It sounds like I've only read the first two of the JA trilogy, and I think that I'll go skim read them again just to remind myself, and because it's fun ;) I need more excuses to read :) I know for sure that I'll be a young female Jedi, an apprentice, nowhere near knight status. And my name will be Velo :p (ha, as if you didn't know). Not sure about the last name, though.

~Velo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.