main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Det, MI April 13th meeting

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Scooby_Wan_Kenobi, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Scooby_Wan_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2002
    I was wondering if it might be possible to maybe move the meeting to Sunday evening (or afternoon?), april 14th?, as my wife works on Saturday evening, and as long as the meetings are on Saturday, I probably will not be able to show. It's awful hard to find a fill in for Saturday evening. It's just a thought, and I certainly do not want to inconvenience anyone. I know it's alot to ask for everyone to change plans for just one person. What do you guys think?

2. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Personally, I would not be able to make meetings on Sunday. I have class early on Monday's and our meetings seem like the will continue to run long...as they should!

3. TheHuntressDiana

TheHuntressDiana Jedi Padawan star 4

May 4, 2001
    I would prefer daylight hours if we were to do a Sunday meeting.

No evening meetings on Sundays. Too many of us have to work or have class the next morning.

Maybe between 1pm & 6pm would be an ideal time slot for Sunday meetings. What'cha think?

4. huttese1138

huttese1138 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    Sunday's are just all around bad! Church is in the morning and evenings are obviously bad. Lets just stick with saturdays...no one seems to have a problem with then.

5. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    One person obviously does...Scooby.

6. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    Maybe even a Saturday afternoon...say 12 p.m or 1 p.m.? I would have to leave around four, but then that would leave plenty of time to continue the meeting after Elvis has left the building. Again, don't change them just for me, but Saturday evening may be just as inconveniant for others as well. Maybe juggling times and days would also be an option? Having the meetings set on one particular day and one particular time could exclude others besides myself. Just another thought, watcha' think?

7. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    I know I'd prefer to keep things Saturday evenings and I think Idgie works during the day on Sat, right Idg? But, gosh, Scooby, we sure don't want to prevent you from coming!! So, we need to brainstorm. How old are your kids? Could you bring them with you? Even if they are little, at least maybe you'd be able to come for part of it? Just a thought. Anyone else have ideas?

M.

8. Idgie

Idgie Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    Yeah,early Sat/Sundays are pretty much out for me also.

Is it possible that maybe one or two of us who live close to GLC could meet with Scooby earlier on Saturday?Or,like Mirax said,if it's possible,just bring the young un's with you.

9. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Well, if Scooby wants to come earlier...that's fine. I'm usually open on Saturdays all day long.

SO...if anyone wants to show up earlier on Saturday, April 13th feel free. We'll set up a definate time and a place if the Borders @ GLC isn't convenient for you.

I'll take notes about plans for C2 and the potential for lining up for Ep2 tickets and seeing it opening day (or the midnight showing for those interested) and whatever else comes up.

I guess, if you have any questions, just e-mail me. :)

-Bianca

10. Scooby_Wan_Kenobi

Feb 22, 2002
    Thanks guys for your suggestions. Like I said in my post, I don't want it to be any inconvenience to others. It was just a thought. As far as bringing the little ones along....I have a five year old son, a three year old daughter and three one year old sons...I don't even subject their grandmother to this chaos, let alone other people (I forsee great damage coming to borders GLC). Thank you for the suggestions, but I will just have to wait until:

(1) I can find a soul brave enough to try to watch my menagerie.
    (2) My wife finds a job with better hours.
    (3) We meet at a place where five children under the age of five can run wild and uninhibited (the only place I know of is my home), and obviously my home is not a viable option.
    (4) My wife keeps trying to find someone to take her place.

The last being the only choice of reason. We will continue to try to find a replacement, or maybe I can talk her into a vacation day or something. Thanks again for your concern, and hopefully I will see ewe's guys at the next meeting. I'm sure that I will be able to come up with something by then.

Scooby

11. TheHuntressDiana

May 4, 2001
    Hey Scooby.

There's a kids section at the back of the store...with kid size tables and a kind of play area.

If you'd really like to get together with me, and we can talk about any ideas you might have (that I talked about above) that's cool. I'm more than willing to do so.

And this way, I get to meet another person in our little group (hehe) and I can pass along your ideas and what not to everyone else. God knows you can't think of everything when you send out an e-mail. Sometimes it just comes up as you're talking about something else. Ya know?

So, if you want to meet on that Saturday...early afternoon, e-mail me and we'll set it up. Cool? :)

12. MiraxTHorn

MiraxTHorn Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2000
    Wow, Scooby! That's quite a brood you've got! I can see why that would be tricky to handle by yourself.

Also, I guess we need to put the official details for the next meeting out there. We will be meeting at the McDonald's at M-59 and Milford Road in Highland (about 15 miles West of Pontiac). Then, after the official business is taken care of, we'll be adjourning to a secret location which is nearby to watch a movie or two (or four ;) ) Actually, it's not a secret, but I'm not going to put it on the board. PM me for more info. Time is still up in the air, though it will likely be 6:30-7 PMish.

Regards,
    M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.