main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson April 14, 2007, Phoenix MS Walk on the Wild

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Jan 25, 2007.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    This year is the biggest yet as the DSG is striving to raise 20,000!

" Each year, the team making the 6.1 mile trek under the Arizona sun in full armor, and while last year they collectively raised over $4000 to aid in research for a cure, this year they've set their sights to the much higher fund raising goal of $20,000!! "

They have asked for our participation, and even asked us to get sponsors!

2. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    Gonna make for a long weekend for me, but I plan to make this and Susan G. Komen the next day.[face_tired]

3. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Any DSGers that know they are going can add themselves to the team page

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1860&px=3045791

4. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    I'll go but I don't think I'll raise, maybe we'll C.

5. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Here is the progress report for the 501st Dune Sea Garrison MS Walk team for the week of 01/29 - 02/03.

Currently, the team has raised $1,671, which is is roughly 8% of our goal of $20,000! Great job! Also, as of this report, our Team is in seventh place overall in the Team stats for the event, which is awesome, but we're the EMPIRE! We DOMINATE! I know we can all do better, and I'm sure a lot of you haven't even reported the offline donations you've recieved. No problem! The website has a feature to do this, and if you need help, *please* feel free to give me a call and we can walk through it together.

If you haven't registered for the team yet, and need help, please contact me and we will walk through this process as well.

Also, if you are not going to walk, you can still help the team by registering and raising money to fight MS! The MS Society won't show up at your house with a pair of sneakers and a gun demanding you walk the 6.1 miles! :D You can still register, and raise money to help the team reach our goal of $20k!

We can be the NUMBER ONE Team in Arizona, folks!! And we SHOULD be! We are the EMPIRE, and we own the place! Heh.

Also, the Nascar Trooper logistics are still being worked out, but no worries. We still have 2 1/2 months until the event, and I plan on having this form ready within the next two weeks at the latest. So, expect info on that as I get it as well. A few different people have shown interest in wearing/being the Nascar Trooper, which is great! The logos will be removable, so no worries there, but those interested need to get together and figure out who's going to do it, and then a second needs to be chosen in case the first trooper can't do it for whatever reason. Part of this will be getting the armor over to me about a week prior to the walk, so I can put the logos on it, and have it ready to go. If the suit needs repairs, I can also help you with that as well.

Let's get out there and raise more money to help those in need, people!!

You all kick ass!!

Kevin,
    TD-0013
    Team Captain, MS Walk team

6. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    PER KEVIN EVERYONE CAN REGISTER WALKING, SHOWING UP OR NOT!

NO EXCUSES NOW I WANT TO SEE MORE OF US ON THE PAGE, THE PHOENIX GROUP IS COUNTING ON US! ESPECIALLY THE TUCSON DSG IF WE WANT TO SHOW THEM WE ARE SERIOUS ABOUT OUTPOST STATUS!!!

Heyas, Dustin,

Anyone can register with the "MS Walk on the Wild Side" to help raises funds
    for the Multiple Sclerosis Society, wether they are going to do the walk, or
    not. Since the Tuscon Fan Force has been very active with the DSG over the
    past year or so, I am certainly willing to invite them to be part of our
    team as well, in all respects. They can raise donations for the Team, they
    can show up at the event on April 17th and offer their moral support to the
    team and all the other walkers, and they are certainly welcome to make the
    long march with us. I would be honored if they did so, in fact.

ALL members of the Tucson contingant are welcome and encouraged to
    participate in this, and any future events the DSG takes part in. You are
    all family, as far as I'm concerned, regardless of who's sitting in the big
    chair after I step down. We also need to get on the ball and come up with a
    good, catchy name for your guys and get you registered as an official squad
    within the 501st Legion. It's time you were all recognized for the hard
    work you do, and have done for the DSG and the Legion as a whole.

Please encourage ALL members down there to join the yahoogroups, as well as
    the DSG Forums. Communication is the key to keeping each area in the loop
    of what's going on.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to email me, or call me.

Kevin O'Connor,
    TD-0013

7. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    COME ONE GUYS!!! Even if you are not going, you can put yourselves on the page at least! we are making a poor showing! I am most displeased with your apparent lack of progress!~

8. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?px=3068993&pg=personal&fr_id=1860

[face_flag]

9. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    I'm going to HAVE TO have the biker done by this date, I just cant see doing to (again) in the Jawa or the Guard.

10. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    I may be able to make this event to walk in..as Nihilus, or if I have the new project built..then I'll wear that.

11. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    I WILL have my suit up and running if it kills me!!!!!!!! My boots are being modified as I type and now I am just waiting on my jetpack (hint hint babe) I registered you can too!

http://main.nationalmssociety.org/site/TR?pg=personal&fr_id=1860&px=3075694

-Chris

12. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Merci
    Jack

13. thatsMISTERwookiee

thatsMISTERwookiee Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2005
    No problemo, amigo.

14. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    WOW mr money bags thank you so very much!!!!!

15. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    no one loves me someone send me a dollar!

16. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Sorry Dustin I tried to donate a dollar but looks like the minimum is $10.......

17. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Send me the "trooper personal pages" and I"ll set up a dedicated page for donations or whatever on the website. I'd like to ahve this as an ongoing page for whatever event we are doing at the time.

18. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Mandalore and I are going to try and make this event.

19. firstsonofsolo

Feb 2, 2006
    Awesome we could use a good wrangler! I hope Amber can come up as well.

20. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Cool! Tell Mandalore we migth have an At At driver done if he's interested

21. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    I'll let him know. What time do we need to be there by? I didn't see it posted in any of the previous messages, unless I just plain missed it. In that case, sorry I'm blind. :)

22. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Just a warning, it's a LONG walk and it gets quite hot. Dress less underneath your Revan if U can.
    If you have an walking incentive [face_whistling] to keep you going it's much easier or someone to talk to it goes much faster:cool:.
    O, and watch out for the monkeys! [face_monkey]

23. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    Actually, I was probably going to wear my dark jedi robes. Revan is in need of some minor repairs anyway. And what's with the monkeys? :)

24. hal9k1

Dec 22, 2003
    Monkeys? Well.... better you hear it from one of us than someone in PHX. You?ll be told about it anyway when you get up to PHX and before we enter the area.

The event is we walk around the PHX zoo on a set path. Thus raises money for doing the walk. The DSG has been doing this for several years.

OK, according to the DSG a few years ago they were walking part the section with the monkey habitat. A lot of noise in sued, having helmets on nobody really new what was going on. Apparently the monkeys went nuts!

The zoo staff surmised that it was the white of most of the armor that set the monkeys off.
    Well, some of them got so riled up that they got out of the cage and ran up to the troopers and started to accost them.

Some just ran around but a few jumped at the troopers and started pulling off their helmets. After a bit the monkeys calmed down (or they got put back into the habitat).

Everything calm again, the march went on. Upon putting the helmets back on some of the troopers realized that the monkeys had defecated in their helmets.

So, as they told us last year, move fast past the monkeys and don?t look at them. We didn?t have an issue last year.

25. jedirevan1

Mar 4, 2006
    Thank goodness I'll be wearing all black, heat or not. :)