main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL April 17th meeting

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Ia-Bou, Mar 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Ready for a robot roll call? Who all plans on showing? I detect a dearth of enthusiasm somehow.

I 'spect I'll be there, only dependant on the day off being approved. C'mon kids, buck up, and come on down. -Campbell

2. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I will be there. So will I be wandering around that big room by myself?

Melanie

3. RogueScribner

RogueScribner Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2004
    I won't be there since I'm still going through training at work.

L8r

4. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I'm going, Stefanie will be with me, and you (you being Melanie) are going, Campbell is going, I know Ia is going. I assume, and hope, Dale is going. I just read that Mike is going to be in training, evil training, and, hm, who else is there? Maybe Luis (Fernando?) will go.

Will Anthony go? Hm. No.

Brandon

5. JediScout

JediScout Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 8, 2004
    I will be there, and Im bringing some things I found while sorting through my collection to show. Nothing special, just some books and magazines about Star Wars dating back to 78. Ive had these pretty much my whole life, and thought I would share them with the group. One is even the Oct 83 Mad magazine doing ROTJ. Pretty funny. See everyone this weekend.

Dale

6. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Methinks Fernando's still down for the count due to illness. If so, take a dip in the bacta Fern, and good luck.

Dale, you're a braver Scout than I. We can play good cop, bad cop, I'll be Officer Anal Retentive protecting your loot, while you're kind enough to bring it out for to the delight of the rabble. -Campbell

ps- your meeting show-and-tells have been very cool.

7. raiza123

raiza123 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 18, 2003
    I still cherish my trading cards. Best thing in my tiny tiny collection. Thanks again Dale! See you all there then!
    Melanie

8. Ia-Bou

Ia-Bou Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2001
    aaron will be there and my two other star wars school friends might go....

I can always bring my little cousin with me again.....he has a pool :p
    ``

9. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    Yeah bring that wookiewarrior kid with ya. We'll call him Pip and he can call you governor.

10. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    OK, due to WookieeWarrior's conceivable appearance, I'm cancelling. And what about Charlie, the wookiee-roaring artist, whatever happened to him?

...but seriously folks, I bring smelly news: Chances are good that I won't be at the meeting at all, and definitely won't be beaching. Sigh, it's not my choice, I've got to work that afternoon. And I'm saving my passionate refusals for SWW and the everloving canoe trip.

Sigh. -Campbell

11. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    If you don't come, all will be lost. Even come for one hour, skip lunch and/or beach.

You must.

There.

Brandon

12. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmmm...meeting might be a slow one, methinks...yes

Hope you guys have fun at the beach. Can't go, have some stuff to do...

13. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    "It's not my fault!"

I'm a no-go. And that stinkawith. Work beckons, I got out late tonight (Friday) and my uncle from Knoxville is in town (and it's his birthday) so I'm going to try to stop at his hotel just before the grindstone.

I'm bummed, and seriously considered pulling the drive-all-the-way-to-the-meeting, park, go in and out, drive-straight-to-work-on-the-other-side-of-town thing, but that's just not going to work. However, this'll give me leverage with the powers that be, so come hell or highwater, I'll make it to the canoe trek.

I look forward to seeing someone's version of the meeting minutes and expect to hear nothing of the probable lunch. Since I know, and wholly support the tradition, of talking about those that don't attend here are some topics for your consideration:
    * my physical appearance
    * my peacemaker/goody-two-shoes role in this organization (see Melanie for contradictory evidence: that I'm terribly judgmental)
    * carnivores vs. vegetarians
    * my obsession with collecting
    * my procrastinating (no, Tantive's headlight's not fixed)

So that is all. I'll be there in spirit form.
    Have fun storming the beach! -Campbell

postscript- I don't imagine I'll have time, but I would really like to make it into Coliseum of Comics grand opening sale in Fashion Square Mall today. It's a new location of the old mall store and they're claiming massive sales on statues and comics, etc. If anybody stops in, I'd really like a store report.

14. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Well peeps I won't be there either. I had some car probs and it is now almost time for the meeting- by time I get ready and get out there it would be about 1:30 and by then you all may be gone? May the Force guide your actions.

15. chewbacca1138

chewbacca1138 Jedi Master star 2

Mar 12, 2002
    Hmm...not a very eventfull meeting.

Melanie, Brandon and I met in the same room as last time. Then Ia and Aaron showed up... We all stared blankly at eachother until Dale arrived.

Dale was our savior as he brought SHOW AND TELL items. He provided us with ample entertainment by showing us his autographs, original star wars novels, storybooks and posters. We even took a "how jedi are you?" quiz. He also brought a door prize of collecting cards, given at a previous meeting, to those who didn't attend then.

Afterwards we went to lunch. Not the globe this time, but a restaurant across from there. The food was ok, but we could barely hold a conversation due to the blaring music from the Music Festival RIGHT OUTSIDE. One band was ok, but the lead singer was kind of old and beat up looking. The bass player chick was awesome, though.

Besides being in awe over the suggestive wall next to our table, not much happened during lunch, and we all went our separate paths afterwards.

16. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Too bad I missed it.

17. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    yes there really wasnt much to do at the meeting... the most exciting part was going to the beach....ahhh the beach...i love the beach

It was fun

I cant wait till the canoe trip

18. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    Who all went to the beach?

19. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Well, I regret not being able to've joined you. I honestly tried. Sigh. Glad it was mostly a good meeting.

20. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    Melanie, Aaron and I

21. Ruckus

Apr 2, 2002
    The ingredients for a blast!

22. Sabacc

Dec 9, 2001
    Seems its time to tell the Brightstar to remove the meeting message from the Forum Announcement. Ia, if you could do the honors. I suppose we can nix it for now, but one idea for it might be to announce the dates of the hotly, by some, anticipated upcoming STAR WARS WEEKENDS at MGM.

23. Ia-Bou

Jul 15, 2001
    I was thinking about posting the canoe date and we all need to agree for a date for star wars weekends as our official date i think :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.