main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April 18th Meeting Minutes

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediCandii, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    I decided to cut and paste these minutes from what Don sent me because they're really long. So all credit goes to Kim for a job well done.

April 18 Meeting
    Welcome DarthDurance AKA Chad to his first meeting.

Thanks for participation in Bowl for Kids Sake.
    Big thanks to Ohio Garrison for their participation and support as well as to Rosie's connection for the comics.

Big Brothers/Big Sisters will be having a cookout in July with the little children. This may be a good event for us to go to.
    The money we raised today is used to help screen the big sibs.

Website Notes by Brian
    Launch was successful

Errors:
    ? Some people may be experiencing Warning Header Cannot be Modified Error messages. Pain, but site is still functional. Fix may be in place, since I don?t experience the error, report any occurrences to me.
    ? Still have the occasional problem with Forum avatars (icons) throwing a broken link error. Avatars are currently disabled for all users due to possible bandwidth constraints and anyone who is still seeing these broken image errors needs to contact me.

? Administrator access cannot be limited to add-on modules yet. I have to re-code part of database and admin page.
    ? HTML Newsletter: Can?t find a module re-write that works correctly. The one I did find accidentally blew up my test server, so this is still a WIP.
    ? Gallery: have the files uploaded and the style is ported, working on structure for albums and admin access. Once everything is in place, I?ll get with Em to go over the uploading process.
    ? Member Bios: may have to code a module from the ground up which would take forever, but there are some potential usable modules out there for what we need.
    ? JKOC.com is and will remain spoiler free, we have plenty of free rein to use on TF.N for our spoiler threads and we don?t need anyone stumbling across something accidentally.
    ? ToS, Code of Conduct, Spoiler policy and Under-Age member policy are done, they will be posted to the admin thread shortly and TF.N will be updated to reflect those changes.

Logistics:
    ? Bandwidth: This has been a concern for me as to user avatar size and usage. As of Apr 18, approx 1:30a, we had used 175.84MB of bandwidth out of a possible 4GB. That?s roughly 4% of our total available bandwidth...
    ? Some points to keep in mind. This bandwidth is also on my freelance company website, which while not operational right now, will be by the end of summer in addition to JKOC.com and some other possible contracts I have pending. Bandwidth will be a concern then.
    ? Bandwidth for images: most of what we download from the site daily right now is static images that outline the theme of the site. Once we have the gallery go live, as well as enable avatars, our bandwidth requirements will go up. How much? It depends on our own participation level, our recruiting success and our PR success. We?ll just have to see.

Discussion/Suggestions for Website:
    Eric: When you post a link on TFN, the text is black and the link is grey.
    Brian is trying to work on this on our own boards.

David: Our boards are in grey and blue whereas on TFN they are different and colorful.
    Brian is thinking about these things, but requires some recoding.

Eric: Member's Profile like on 501st.
    Brian: It is a painful site. He's looking for more user-friendly format.

Brian: code of conduct. Basically don't do anything illegal.
    Spoiler policy.
    Keep spoilers to Spoiler Thread on TFN.

Spoilers
    What is a spoiler?
    On TFN, anything that is released by LFL is not considered a spoiler.
    As for our site, try to keep all Epi III discussion to our Epi III thread on TFN.

We want the website to put our best foot forward. It is the web site that we put on our cards, etc. We don't want to offend those that we are trying to attract to our group.

Photos
    Anyone who has photos (either from events or on your own that is Star Wars related) get them to Emily.

Code of Conduct
    Please do not post while under the inf

2. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Cripes, Kim, did you put "Brian sneezed" in the minutes, too? ;)

Everything else looks cool, but I was going to mention the Aeroes game on June 4th is also the same day Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban comes out.

3. JediCandii

JediCandii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2002
    Harry Potter comes out then? Well, you've just lost at least 3 members, maybe more.

4. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    That's why I wanted to mention it. I don't think that's going to be a good day to go to a game. I know my sister isn't going to let me get out of going to see the movie that day.

At least not with all my body parts in their proper positions.

5. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban comes out.
    Yes! We have enough members who want to see this movie. We ought to make it an event. ;)

6. JarJarJedi

JarJarJedi Force Ghost star 6

Feb 6, 2001
    I'm going first thing in the morning... midnight showing if they decide to have one. :D

Good job with the notes Kim. :)

7. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    We have enough members who want to see this movie. We ought to make it an event
    Sounds like a good idea...we've got the board on jkoc.com, where we can post threads for each event idea. Once we got the basics worked out...post an announcment here.

8. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    Thanks Cindy :D

I'm up for a midnight showing, esp if it's not on a work night. ;)
    Is the June 4th date the midnight date?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.