main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA April 2 &3 Wal-Mart/Target toy-runs

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Thrawn_72, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn_72

Thrawn_72 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    Is anyone going to the midnight Wal-Mart event or early morning on the 2 & 3? And if so, where? I see that Wal-Mart is having the Early Bird special re-print from '77. Want one of those. Anybody else hear of anything good from around the region?

2. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    The Wal-mart here in Woodland has signs up but no details as to what.

I've never gone on the Midnight Toy Madness. I go in the Am and I've never missed out.

I might do a seriously early Am run to Wal-mart this year just to get the reprint and pick up the Score for EP III (they are releasing the score on the same day as the toys like before right??)

3. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    target is doing somthing too, they sent me this kick ass evvolope with ani and obi locked in duel.

4. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Don't read the track titles, Poolio! I remember when Ep 1 came out and one track was titled "Qui Gon's Death" or something of that nature.

5. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    OMG Qui-Gon dies?????

So is that what this is? I see a sign for some Star Wars celebration April 2 & 3, but it didn't say what it was.

6. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Ok from what I read.

http://hasbro.com/starwars/pl/page.retailer_promos/sub.wm/dn/default.cfm

Walmart has a 48 hours with the Force deal going on. Look at the list for you nearest store.

I'm lucky. Woodland is on the list.

Target:
    Target is the ultimate base for the Rebellion with everything Star Wars - including an exclusive collectible only sold at Target. Target is the exclusive retailer for a new Darth Vader figure - Darth Vader (Lava Reflection). This unique figure features Darth Vader with a red flame reflection. Because of the high demand for this item, Target guests will be limited to purchasing one Darth Vader (Lava Reflection) figure. Other Star Wars Episode III Revenge of the Sith toys will be available on Saturday, April 2, at both Target stores and Target.com

Toys R Us:
    Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith Holographic Yoda Figure
    Jedi Master Yoda, a close friend of the Wookiees, travels to their homeworld of Kashyyyk to help personally spearhead the Republic defense of that planet. While there, the revered Jedi sends a holographic transmission to the Jedi Council to discuss recent ominous events. The Holographic Yoda figure features unique translucent styling and is available only at Toys ?R? Us beginning April 10 as a gift with a Hasbro Star Wars purchase of $25 or more. Not sold separately. While supplies last. No batteries required. Ages 4 and up.

7. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    When does the lava reflection figure go on sale?

8. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Far as I know Saturday.

The Target and Walmarts here in town have some pretty big spaces cleared out to make ready for the glorious flood of Star Wars goodness.

9. Thrawn_72

Jan 21, 2004
    The Wal-Mart on Folsom Blvd. is on the list of Wal-Mart's having 48 hours of Star Wars goodies. I talked with and assistant manager there and he did not know much but gave me the name of a assistant manager that was corridinating it all with corporate. As soon as I find out more information I will pass it along.

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Damn, the two nearest Walmarts are not on the list of promotions. Can anyone pick me up a couple of exclusives if you are going to it?

I am sure I can pick something up for you at C3.

11. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Ok despite the fact that the Woodland Walmart is on the list of stores SUPPOSE to be open at 12:01am for midnight madness...I called to confirm and they state that they are not open for this, but they will be doing the 48 hours of the Force starting Saturday Morning.

My advice and I can't stress this enough...CALL TO CONFIRM with BOTH TRU and Walmart just to be sure before heading out to find a closed store.

Despite all that..I'll be hitting both Walmart and Target in the Am for the hunt on Sat.

I'd beg ya to come out to Woodland at least on Friday night at Midnight, but I know you've got alot going in your neck of the woods right now.

here another run down list of the store and toys.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/topnews.php?id=8991

It's crazy on Ebay they already have a ton of Lava Vaders up for sale...people claiming to have them in hand.

http://search.ebay.com/Lava-Vader_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8

12. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    So what's the deal with Lava Vader? It's a Target exclusive, right? I need details because I'm working all weekend and my girlfriend agreed to go pick it up for me.

13. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    [kenobi voice]use the links joe. use the links[/obi]

It's Vader but the front of him looks like he's in front of a lava pit and the glow and relection is on his armor.

14. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Yes, I know that. I used the links but can't find any details on how to GET him. Just show up when Target opens on Saturday?

15. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    From what I hear supplies are very limited on this Vader.

mind you they'll repackage this later.

all you have to do is be at Target when they open the doors and have luck on your side.

one per customer....but I've got the Poolboy and if I find two He counts as a customer or heads will roll.

"you don't need to see his identification"

I'll be looking at the opening times here in town for both Wal-mart and Target and planning my attack.

If I happen to find more then two...I'll work it out..I am the Jack Bauer of all Jedi.

16. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Too bad you won't have Hawkie there to sweeten the deal. ;)

17. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Sometimes the situation calls for a girls touch. Others call for a down right sneaky S.O.B like Ol Deadpool.

This is one of those missions.

i'm really getting jazzed now. After selling off most my Star Wars collection a few years ago....during the dark times. I haven't done any toy hunting since.

this will be a day long remembered.

18. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    Well if you get a chance to pick some cool ones up Dead, pick me up a couple and I will snag you a Darth Vader C3 exclusive (if I can) at the celebration

19. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Do me a favor and be awake. I might call you from the store.

I'm short on cash right now but I can pick up a few things. I wasn't going to buy much for myself.

I had planned on the Score (but that's not out till may)

I'll get as many (if any) lava vaders as I can.

Do me a favor and make me a list of what you want and I'll see what I can do.

Trying to plan my attack....hmmm
    Target open 8am
    Walamrt opens 7am but I think the SW stuff doesn't begin till 8am.

I guess I'll hit Walmart at 7am. See what I can grab in a fly by and head to Target for Lava Vader and then head back to Walmart if need be.

Also Target as some contest. I'm at work so I can;t view it (no flash plug in)
    http://target.com/target_group/stores_services/starwars_alt.jhtml

20. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    here's a nifty PDF lsit of the toys

http://www.theforce.net/collect ing/story/Midnight_Madness_Toy_Checklist_90819.asp

P.s

I'm gonna head to both stores tonight just before closing to see if maybe they slip up and start putting stuff out.

it's worth a shot.

21. Thrawn_72

Jan 21, 2004
    Wal-Mart in Roseville putting items on the shelves. Stopped by TRU in Roseville and saw 3 people in line. You can order the Holo Yoda on-line at amazon.com. Keep everyone informed about finds. Oh, I had a friend's husband look for a Lava Vader for me at Target and he went through 8 case and not a one! Weird. Good luck to all. I will be out at the Roseville stores later.

22. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Thanks for the heads up on the Amazon offer for Holo Yoda. I ordered mine.

23. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Booyah. My girlfriend's dad went out this morning and she asked him to swing by Target. I now have my Lava Vader!

24. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i got my ani lightsaber and my obi saber, i didn't get this ani figurethoug becuase his arms and legs look really freakin stupid. but i did get the four lightsaber attack grevious.

and this kick ass ep3 calender, it shows so many spoilers.

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    Hmm...calendar...maybe I'll pick it up after May 19th. ;)

The card that Target sent out has a pretty cool pic of the 'big fight' on the back so it's sitting in my room reminding me of how close the day is. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.