Sac, CA April 2 &3 Wal-Mart/Target toy-runs

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Thrawn_72, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    yea its stapled to my wall.
  2. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5
    Ok, I went to Walmart this afternoon ... the Star Wars stuff looked like a twister went through the isle. I did look at the price tags on the shelves in the areas that were empty, and I must say one price tag caught my eyes and made my eye brow's raise! One of the new Star Wars toys price tag was $424.99!!!!!!! WTH!!?? What toy is THAT!!!??? Anyone see one like that today??!!
  3. qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan

star 4
    no i didn't see anything liike that.
  4. JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    The Lava Vader really is a cheesy looking figure. He's just... painted red and yellow. The new package design kicks ass, and so does knowing I own one of the few released.

I guess they weren't on the shelves and you had to go ask at the counter to get one. From what I heard, at the Target near me (the one on Pleasant Grove in Roseville) there wasn't a shortage.
  5. Thrawn_72 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Joe, I stopped by the Target off Pleasant Grove and they told me they did not have them but to check back tomorrow, Sun. So did they have them behind the counter and if so, which one. Thanks.
  6. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5
    I am making a dash tomorrow for Target ... I know the one here restocks Sunday mornings.

I saw two Clone Trooper figures at Walmart today. Someone told me they were going to become the rare ones?
  7. JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Thrawn, I myself did not go to Target, my girlfriend's dad did. All I know is he checked the shelf and there were none, so he went to some counter that was nearby and they gave him one from there.
  8. JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I went to Target today to pick up a couple of toys (they're on sale for $5). I got Kit Fisto, the blue Republic Guard (they were out of red ones), Chewie, and the last Padmé (with Super Pregnant Action!?). I want to go back tomorrow and get a couple more. Are the Clone Troopers really the rare ones? I saw about five on the rack.
  9. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I hit Target early in the Am and got two Lava Vaders. they are better then the pic online. I'm more curious about WHY this figure came about. does have a "This is where I fell into the lava" picnic?

I didn't buy the early bird pack. 30.00 bucks for a ticket to get these seemed a bit much to pay for 4 figures.

My swag list:

all the diecast ships

Figures:
    Ayla Secura
    Lumari (sp?)
    four armed Grevious
    Darth Vader

Exclusive Firgures:
    Lava Vader (x2)

The Cup/Figure:
    Obi Wan
    Grevious

and I got the Star Wars Lego game for the Ps2...I had to the boy flipped when he saw it...I'm a victim of cuteness.

The game is pretty cool actually...but it covers EP III so I can't play those parts (yet)

is it just me or do this episodes figures not look all that great. Last time they had Gentle Giant scan all the actors and made some pretty good looking figures out of it.

anakin and Palpy look like the actors..so do a few others but alot of them are not very spot on.

the Padme figurelooks like a P.E teacher....you know the one who also coached girls softball.

edit

I wanted to add one more thing.

at Target I have to report the shame laid upon us.

First a guy in line who could not help but interupt my conversation with my pal Jesse (someone I have not seen in at least 3 years) I tried to be nice but when I mentioned Steve Sansweet he starting mouthing off how much he disliked Steve....how Steve and Lucas doesn't like really care about the fans.

I put him in his place by telling him all the cool things Mary and Steve (and Lucas) have done with us...well I tried to but after I got to the Rachno Obi Wan part he tried to shift gears and say how the pannels with steve are lame but "it's the only place a fan can complain and not be heard"

I asked what he could possible feel he has the right to complain over" but then I in turn changed the subject to "I don't really do pannels since I have too many friends to see and things to do at cons" and I went back to playing with Henry and talking to Jesse.

it was no suprise that this guy was part of the next thing.

Target did things right. they handed out passes for the Lava Vader. awesome job fair and just.

BUT...these people went running through the store and hit the toys like a swarm of locusts. They just tore through it making a mess and hording all they could.

I stayed cool...after all I got my Lava vader tickets..nothing else mattered.

If making a MESS wasn't enough when the two little old ladies who made the mistake of pulling out a cart to restock....the swarm returned and just overwhelmed these poor ladies and started tearing open boxes.

I was apalled to see it. I was standing right there watching and Henry was asking "what are they doing?"
    I told the guys "chill out there's not a golden ticket to see the ranch in there" no use "all this stuff will be clearance aisle fodder in six months relax guys"
    again I went unheard.

I turned towards the old ladies who I'm not even sure spoke english and said "sorry"

Now the best part is My pal Jesse and I had wanted some of those Cups with Figures. but those hording jerks cleared it out.

He went and asked if they could look for more. In secret a stock girl found a case and brought it out to him over away from the Toy aisle.

Jesse and I splt the case and got what we wanted.

The Lesson

I got more then I wanted out of the trip and I didn't have to act like a jackhole to do it.

it goes to show what a kind word and just asking will get you. The stock girl saw what those other jerks did and was cool to Jesse and I because we did not take part in any of that madness.

I know this was not a one time thing I bet this happen all over the U.S. being a fan is fine, loving your toys is fine, but acting like a jerk to get your hands on a figure you can still but in a week is just lame.

I'd rather pay 30.00 bucks for a figure then act like a lame wad to get it for 6.00.

sorry I just had to let that out. I'm sure none of
  10. JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You did the right thing Deady. As someone who works in customer service I can tell you those people appreciated what you did probably more than you know.

Also, you got Aayla Secura? I was looking for her! I guess I need to run back to Target today.
  11. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I've worked retail and customer service call center, I learned quickly how not to act.

the secura figure was easy I found that a few places in good numbers you shouldn't have trouble getting her.

Now if i could just get the girl who plays her to come over my place and play dress up...or at least a girl who looks enough like her that's willing to paint herself blue. either way is fine.

12. JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Awesome. I told my girlfriend I wanted the Aayla figure and she said "Why? Because you think she's hot?" and I said "Uuuhhhhh..."

She's in the Ep III trailer I finally broke down and watched.
  13. DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I've been looking a replacement pair of Yoda Underoos, as the ones I'm wearing right this minute actually needed to be replaced back in the mid-1980s. I mean, talk about your skid marks!

But alas, no luck as apparently all I've been able to find was a Jar-Jar Binks jockstrap from the Ep I clearance bin at the thrift store.

Damn you, Fruit of the Loom! DAMN YOU TO HELL!!!!

/collapses into a puddle of self-pity and loathing
  14. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I think every should have a Darth Tater BTW this thing rocks.

"Awesome. I told my girlfriend I wanted the Aayla figure and she said "Why? Because you think she's hot?" and I said "Uuuhhhhh..."

Your answer should have been DANG RIGHT WOMAN!! Now take this paint and outfit and make your man happy.

yelling "respect my authority!" like cartman helps.

She's in the Ep III trailer I finally broke down and watched.

Dude..that's so bad. You wuss. I can;t believe you couldn't hold out. We share a birthday...you've shamed all us 3/17er's...and oh hey how's the trailer anyway?

warning: first person to let some EP III stuff slip at the meeting gets a Atomic Wedgie till the Yoda underoos snap

15. DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Poolio,

Whew! I'm so glad you said so in advance--I could've been in a lot of trouble!

You see: Regrettably, I was only able to stay spoiler-free until about a month ago, when, thanks to a "friend" who sent me an innocuous-looking link that ended being practically every frame of the %^$#@ movie, I was hoserated. It was like when they opened the Ark in Raiders--once I stared and saw The White Light of Truth, I couldn't take my eyes away, even when my face melted and my brain exploded.

So, I've been spoiled since then like nobody's business. If I hadn't seen your comments, I might have walked in and said something stupid like, "Dude, Jar Jar is really Padme and Yoda's bastard love child!". And we wouldn't have wanted that.

And keep your hands off the Yoda Underoos!! Or at least, get your own pair (believe me, you DON'T want anything to do with these). :cool:

Take care,
    DR
  16. JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    You want to know WHY I watched the ONE trailer? I've been trying to get amped for this. Yes, I was excited, but I wasn't SO excited the mere thought of Star Wars got me all giddy. After watching the trailer, that's how I feel. So nyeah.
  17. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Oh these guys have been trying to spoil me for a good long while now.

I think the best effort was when Hawkgirl painted the scroll on bum and did that strip tease.

Oh she's a clever one. got to watch her.

They almost had me but LDV can't spell.

I have to admit I was with you on being amped to see it. Sure I knew I would but knowing nothing about it and I'll just say it EP II wasn't all that I wished for...I still love it but I just got the feeling at the end there was too much to cover in the one movie they had left..I felt Lucas had painted himself in
    corner.

As the movie gets closer I feel like it is in good hands again, I know a very few tid bits from wayyy back when production started and it got me thinking about how this film could in fact cover the ground it needs to...but I tell ya this things gonna need to hit the ground running and having an idea how it starts I think it just might have Red Bull pumping in it's veins.

For my money I can't WAIT to see The Take over...Not Vader..but Palpy I want to see that moment of just sheer freaking dread in the Jedi when they realize they've not only been running with the enemy they been played so hard they handed the Republic on a silver platter.

I want to See Palpy show WHY he's the lord of the Sith I want him to hand someone thier arse.

everything else is gravy.

That's the thought that's driven me to avoid all the spoilers and kept me amped for this one.

Oh that the hope a special project of mine will be given a reward just prior to seeing the film..more on that later.

18. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5
    I finally cashed in some chips and bought a General Grievous Unleashed to go next to my Aayla Secura Unleashed figure [Looks at Joe] ;) which I got several months back. I saw the 12 inch Grievous ... looks awesome. Also the 12 inch Yoda looks lots better than the past ones. The 3 inch figures I must agree with Dead, do not look all that good. But none the less, I will start collecting them shortly. I have made room for the ROTS toys, and have cleared a side wall for them. Let me tell you, it wasn't easy with all the other stuff I have.

EDIT: Well, I can't do a spell check on Hawkies bum, now can I!!??

I have also seen lots more of what I thought I was going to be able to. The seen with Padme is mezzmerizzing!! (yes, I spelled it that way on purpose Dead) but I will not elaborate on the scene Dead. ;)
  19. Deadpool Jedi Youngling

star 4
    HEY!! Cross the line again and I'll date your Sister!!

ya know I saw the Secura unleashed at Target about a week ago on clearance...I was too poor, went back gone.

sucks She's the hottest chick in Star Wars! you guys can have Padme and the rest..I share of love of alien booty with Zap Brannigan.

Now did you ever think in your life you'd say? "Well I can;t spell check on Hwkie's Bum?"

I have that effect on people. your welcome.

Peace out Dawgs works over, time to go play some more Lego Star Wars with Poolboy.
  20. JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I just found out today Aayla had an Unleashed figure. I'll have to eBay that when I move out later this year as a housewarming present for myself.

Just went back to Target, still no Aayla. Can't find the red guard for the life of me. Picked up R2 and a Clone Trooper. I wanted to pick up a couple of the "extra" Jedi but I figured 85% of the figures I have are holding lightsabers so I thought I'd mix it up a bit.
  21. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5
    Joe, there's a Secura Unleashed at TRU here if you want me to pick it up for you?
  22. DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Poolio,

Here are a few things I can clear up for you right now:

1. Qui-Gon Jinn was NOT a Scottish revolutionary named Rob Roy, who was married to actress Jessica Lange. Although, admittedly, there is a strong resemblance between the two. Between Qui-Gon Jinn and Rob Roy, I mean--there is even less resemblance between Qui-Gon Jinn and Jessica Lange than there is between the Olsen twins.

2. The Banthas will NOT be revealed as Earth elephants dressed in shaggy costumes.

3. Papa Smurf is NOT related to Aayla Secura, although it is rumored that Smurfette might make an appearance as a second-cousin at some point.

4. There is no causal relationship between Anakin having won the Boonta Eve pod race and Han Solo having won the Millennium Falcon in a game of Sabacc from that scoundrel, Lando Calrissian.

5. There WILL be confirmation as to whether or not the Star Wars saga occured a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. It has been widely rumored that this will be confirmed in the opening seconds of the movie, somewhere between the 20th Century Fox logo, the Lucasfilm Ltd. logo, and the appearance of the "Star Wars" title card and opening fanfare. I remain skeptical that we'll actually see this confirmed in ROTS, but I mention it here, just in case.

Beyond this, anything else I might say would be idle speculation at best, and as you mentioned wanting to remain spoiler-free, I hope what I've noted here doesn't give too much away--if so, I do apologize in advance.

Take care,
    DR
  23. JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
  24. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight

star 5
    you sure you can afford $14.99?
  25. JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Not atm. Thanks though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.