main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA April 2 &3 Wal-Mart/Target toy-runs

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Thrawn_72, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Hey guys!! Leave my bum out of this!

Hawkie just got a paycheck so she's gonna go get some food. M&Ms, corn flakes, Darth Tater. Life is gooood.

2. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    ok Joe, no worries ... it will become my second one then.

3. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    OMG... I just got back from Walmart. While I was there, I was going through the Star Wars toy section [nothing new to report] but as I was passing by the childrens books, I saw a couple of Star Wars books! One was ROTS Scrapbook, and the other was the ROTS Movie story book!! I browsed through it and saw things I have never saw before, including WARNING!! POSSIBLE SPOILER AHEAD!!!! a scene when Yoda meets the Wookiees on Kashyyyk! and Padme laying on a medical bed being attended to by some funky looking alien and then a page showing Obi Wan walking off in the desert with a small bundle in his arms!!! OMG!!! I have yet to really dive into it ... afraid of what I might find! ;)

4. DarthRidiculous

DarthRidiculous Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2000
    I went to Target tonight to see if they had any Lava Vaders behind the counter. One of the employees had no idea what I was talking about; one of them thought I was talking about some sort of "Darth Vader in flames" gift card; and one other told me that each store had gotten only 50, and that they would not get anymore.

In my mind, she then slapped me across the face--hard--and told to stop wasting her time, if I was truly a fanboy I'd have been there dressed up in Jedi robes at 11:59pm on April 1st. Instead, I was a lu-ser. She then gave me an atomic wedgie, up and over the forehead.

In reality, though, she just looked a little sad and embarrassed. Whether that was because she was truly saddened and embarrassed that her store was unable to fulfill a customer's needs, or whether she thought I was sad, and should have been embarrassed to be asking for such a thing at 31 years old, I'll probably never know.

I just wanted to see one. Sigh. :(

[b]LDV: [/b]Wal-Mart: Strong with the Dark Side of the Force, it is. Quicker... easier... more seductive. When you are calm--at peace--[i]passive[/i]--resist further spoilers, you will.

Remember: Always in motion is the future. The Maker, changes things, he does, even many years after the fact. Don't give in to curiosity--that leads to the Dark Side.

TRUST ME, YOU WILL. Wish every day I was not spoiled, I do. Damned to burn in Hell, I am. [i]Take you with me, I will not.[/i]

5. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I am spoiled, and damned to hell ... and hell is worried I am gonna take over. ;)

6. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    So I went by Wal-Mart (I hate Wal-Mart) and STILL no Aayla. I did pick up a "Sneak Preview" figure I hadn't seen, named Tion Medon. Are these rare? I haven't seen them before.

7. Thrawn_72

Thrawn_72 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 21, 2004
    Today my Holo Yoda arrived from Amazon, looks good. I should get my Early Bird Kit on Friday if UPS tracking is correct and last but not least I was able to have a co-workers boyfriend pick up a Lava Vader for me. The side of the plastic case has a crease but doesn't matter, still looks good to me. Now if I can just figure out the Break the Emperors Code game, I'll be set. Hope everyone had a good time on the second!

8. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I know the Emp's code. And I also know who says "I got a bad feeling about this" and where to find 1138 in the movie as well. ;) Muahahahahahahahahaha!!!!

9. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    LDV, I thought you were spoiler free? What's with giving away the "1138" underwear inspector tag on Jar-Jar's skivvies??!?

Oh, wait--

Crap. :cool:

10. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Dude, please keep up on your post reading. ;) I explained earlier, I am spoiled [Kramer Voice]And like'n it!!![/Kramer voice]

I know the ending and have seen the scene pics. Very coolio!!

11. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    LDV,

I think is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. Or mebbe a torrid affair--time will tell, I suppose.

I'm not saying let's start picking out curtains or anything, mind you. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

(...)

I'll shut up now. :cool:

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Ummm yeah ok. I'm not a switch hitter so, sorry. I'm flattered ... really, but I like the team I'm on. :D

13. DarthRidiculous

May 23, 2000
    Yeah, I'd have a hard time explaining that one to the missus, meself. :D

14. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    whew! glad to hear that! Don't need any stalkers ;)

Well, off to bed. Just finished the 3550th viewing. ;)

nighters

15. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I got my Holographic Yoda in the mail yesterday. THIS is a sweet looking figure. Beware, minor (very minor) spoiler for Episode III on the card, but it's not a big deal.

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Bring it to the meeting Joe, I would like to see it.

17. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    I need to order that or hit TRU on Sunday. out of all the new figures that was one I really wanted.

18. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    LDV: You got it.

It's only $15 on Amazon, which saves you about $10 if you don't want to buy other stuff to get it.

19. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Very cool Joe. I want to see it. Has anyone started playing the game with the miniatures? I was wondering if it was cool. I used to play D&D long ago, and there is a Star Wars version of it, and would love to play sometime ... if I could get some others to play.

20. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    I wanted to get into it but I really don't have the time or money to do so. The figures look cool though.

By the way, my store is now selling that occursed Episode III storybook, and it's come through my line TWICE and I am so seriously scared of some little kid blurting something out and ruining it for me.

Thank the maker I have two weeks of vacation.

21. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    Well it's not much money at all to play Star Wars D&D style. Just a good imagination and groud rules. I have all the rule books and you can also get the info online. And 1 to 2 hours per sessioni is all thats needed.

Yeah the Movie story book is awesome. For all the stuff I knew already about the movie, there were some stuff that even surprised me. ;)

22. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Well, I meant the money to get the miniatures. My girlfriend was working at a comic shop when they first came out, and she said they went through a whole case and still didn't get some of the rarer ones.

EDIT: Oh yes, I've never played D&D before, but a Star Wars campaign sounds fun.

23. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    I only use one miniature for my campaigns. And yes, as the DM I can get very "imaginary" ;)

24. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
  25. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    We use to play the star wars role playing game but playing with the d&d rules would probably work better. Count me in if you guys want to play

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.