main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tampa, FL April 2 Rally Point! *** Please Reply ***

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jedijace007, Mar 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedijace007

Jedijace007 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Ok everyone, the time is almost here. April 1st is fast approaching! we have had various discussions on this topic, both on and off-forum. This is the rally point. As most of you know, a St Pete Times reporter has expressed interest in attending the Midnight Madness sale with us, and for me to be able to provide him the best information on location and most importantly attendance, I would like everyone who is attending midnight madness (as a group, at ONE store) to post if they are coming, so we can agree on a time. The place, will be the Walmart on Tyrone Blvd. Regardless if you have ever attended a meeting with us or not, if you are attending the midnight madness sale, PLEASE POST :) Please include your first name, and the time you'd prefer to arrive.

The sooner you post the better! Thanks everyone!

-Jace

2. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Also, i realize we had been leaning towards attending the Toys R Us Sale, because of the Exclusive Yoda figure: The latest news on that exclusive, is that it will NOT be released until April 10th, available with any $25 purchase. Toys R us will have significantly less (in quantity and selection) than walmart will have, and based on that information, I will not be attending TRU until after the initial sale at Walmart.

As for myself, I'll be attending at WALMART in tyrone :)

Onward!

*EDIT* I am open to whatever time we decide on!

-Jace

3. Sereana_Nightstar

Sereana_Nightstar Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 20, 2002
    Well, I think at this time, since I read the info. on TRU from Rebelscum, that Kevin & I are still planning on going. However, it seems that TRU still has other exclusives...so we are going to scout those out...kinda like a tag team thing. TRU is also having trivia games and other fun stuff to do to win prizes. We may also be going in costume after all...just for fun!!!
    After TRU then we are heading over to Wal-Mart to see the set-up. Then I plan to get up early and head to a Target store about 5:30am to get some items. BTW Kevin got his Target coupon, I am still waiting.
    Jace did anyone say how Wal-Mart was going to honor the $1.00 off thing that Target is offering?
    So that is kind of what we talked about last night...Kevin & I cannot stay up all night. I have tax man coming on Sat. and have a lot to still do, Cable man coming on Fri. so that may cause a mess in moving furniture...etc.
    I do want to keep in contact Sat. morning to find out what is happening at the Target sights, so I know the best one to go to.

4. roguenroll

roguenroll Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2003
    sereana are you the group leader for tampa.

we have a fairly big starwars indie film, coming out
    in april, and since I'm florida local, I was thinking of sending out the 2 dvd set to some of the florida SW groups.

Its the movie, behind the scenes, costumes, special effects, locations, cast and crew interviews, and more.

Might be something to watch at your meeting, before the big EPIII day.

Greg

film(at)fmotion.net

5. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hi,
    I am the City rep. on the Fanforce boards...soon to be called moderators or something like that. This sounds pretty interesting. Our fan film council's rep. is Jace. So he would know more about filming. But if you want us to look at some DVD's, we would love it.

6. roguenroll

roguenroll Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2003

yep, the project is done, costs dont allow for too many to go out, but I thought a few local starwars groups would at least be interested. Maybe a good meeting excuse. Even though a compressed movie will be available online, 2 full dvds of content are much more interesting.

email me your mailing address and they will go out just afetr April 16th.

regards,
    Greg

film(at)fmotion.net

7. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Hey, just a request. Could you possibly leave this thread for its intended topic of rally point info regarding the 2nd. Thanks.

8. LukeCeremonial22569

LukeCeremonial22569 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 23, 2002
    If you guy dont know this already the Tampa Wal-Mart over on Bruce B. Downs is open 24 hours and is the only Tampa area store that will be holding the 48hours of the Force Star Wars Celebration with all kinds of cool things going.

This is the store we should goto sometime during that 48 hours.

Look on StarWars.com for details

9. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    the super wal-mart on us 19 80th ave will also be sponsoring the 48 hour event....i will be taking my boys there during the day to partake in the festivities...also the new super walmart of the south side...everyone make sure to charge their phones for the big event...later...i will probably attend both days .....

sereana knightstar suggested to wear our CIII shirts for the early morning campout at Target...some good promo for the group...

10. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Okay all, please take pics. Since I am not working weekends, and plan to only work a few extra days per month. I will have time to work on the website and put up pics. Also, Jace, & Brian, (the new guy) will be helping.

I still want to find time to print u[ some generic bisness cards or if anyone wants to make business cards with the chapter address, with your own name, well, that is good too.

11. Xyber_Hex

Xyber_Hex Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2004
    I will be flying as Jace's wingman for this one.

12. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Okay folks the newest info. on the TRU Yoda figure. Yoda WILL be all 315 locations of TRU at the premiere!!!! These will be in limited quantities...but they were able to get some ready and ship them out. So I will be at TRU around 10pm sitting in my lawn chair, in costume.

13. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Ok. These guys are worse than John Kerry.

Come to TRU, yoda's at midnight!

Sorry, no yodas for a week...

Return to TRU We changed our minds!

Sorry TRU, ya snooze ya lose. Ive made up my mind for Walmart, i've got 4 confirmed people showing up there with me, so i cannot now go to TRU.(until after we clean out Wallyworld) :p

onward

14. vswader

vswader Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    A Star Wars Midnight Madness Poem

tru said yes, then no, to yoda at midnight

but i knew they would pull through with all their "force" and might

so sereana and i will be there in disguise

to give each and every other fan many high fives!!!

use the force

15. Ravenjack

Ravenjack Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 27, 2005
    Hey all. I'm new posting to the board, but I just wanted to say I will be at the Tyrone Wal-mart rally point tomorrow night. What time is everyone getting there? I was considering going to TRU, but I just heard there are going to be some nasty storms tomorrow night and standing out in a thunderstorm for 2 hours could be just a bit unsafe. My names Matthew by the way and while I don't have a costume to wear for tomorrow, I will have on my Star Wars Episode I Jedi vs Sith shirt. See ya there!

16. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Matthew, to answer your question, we will be in line at Wal mart no later than 9:00(PM)from there, we plan to go to 1)TRU for the yoda 2)Wlmart on US19 (and possibly other walmarts)then 3)steak and shake for some grub and lastly 4) target, to wait it out for 6AM and the lava vader. If it is raining, we should be OK, because the target in Tyrone has an overhang above the entrance.

If we all agree, we can all chip in for a small cooler + ice +drinks for the target wait.

The day is here, and its going to be awesome :)

(also, i found another store with early-released figures: K-mart on Missouri blvd. Nothing but 2-inch figs and 1 lone deluxe figure set, and they wouldnt sell it to me.

Onward!

17. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    Ok which Walmart should we meet you guys at? I want to hang with the gang and be a part of a lively and fun event. If I am staying up past 9pm I want to be where the action is. Marie call me.

18. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Hey, Yep it seems that TRU cannot make up there mind...must have to do with the gas price lately???!!!
    The Wal-Mart is on Tyrone Blvd. and Park Street. the best way to get there is to come on 275, go to the 22nd. Street exit, and follow that down past Home Depot/Lowe's and continue. This may seem like it takes a while. But keep going until you come to a crossroads area and Tyrone Mall. Take a right onto Tyrone Blvd. Continue up and over the little overpass...keep going a liter further and Wal-Mart is on your right. Or if you want meet at my place around 8:30 pm and we can caravan over there. Kevin & I will be hanging out at both TRU and Wal-Mart just having fun and playing with out lightsabers. I will be getting up at 5 am and heading to Target. I will bring some drinks.

19. Jedijace007

Oct 3, 2002
    Denise: the walmart we're doing is In tyrone Blvd. Chris is going, so you and ross should give him a call and see if you can meet up at his place and we can all go to Walmart from there. I'm going to wear the C-3 shirt instead of a costume.

Onward!

20. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    I'm maybe wearing mine under my costume...if it gets to hot, then I still am in good show!!!

21. Xyber_Hex

Xyber_Hex Jedi Master star 4

Jan 3, 2004
    Checklist

http://www.rebelscum.com/toys2005/4-2-checklist.pdf

22. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    Sounds great, looking forward to seeing you guys there. I should be there after 10, but I'll try to be there sooner. I think I'll bring my saber along too, never know when a random lightsaber dual may break out lol.

23. Ravenjack

Mar 27, 2005
    ...and I'll be wearing my Darth Maul shirt, not my jedi vs sith.

24. Sereana_Nightstar

Apr 20, 2002
    Yep!! Better be prepared Ravenjack...there may a few other lightsabers hanging out under clocks tonight!!!

Have lists...if you need one call me or IM

25. Annya_Latoure2

Annya_Latoure2 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2003
    It was hot. It was windy. It was exhausting. It was expensive. But it was fun. Can't wait to get moved into a house so we can have room to display everything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.