main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Nash, TN April 2004 Meeting/Anniversary Party, Who's Coming?

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by DVDMaster, Apr 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVDMaster

DVDMaster Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2003
    We will meet this Saturday, April 10th, at my house to celebrate NAD's 3rd anniversary and to view the Clone Wars cartoon marathon. Come to my house around 6 pm, directions will be emailed to all our active members. We'll order pizza once we get a quorum at the house. Bring any snack foods or dishes you'd like to contribute or just throw $$ in for the pizzas. Toymaster is attempting an anniversary cake for dessert.

The CW marathon doesn't begin until 8 pm and then they want to put in stupid little cartoons in every half hour to drag this out until 11:30 PM. For the sake of time I'll dig out my season 1 tape (sure hope I can find it) and tape the season 2 marathon on Friday night. That way we can get past commercials and the boring cartoons in between.

We'll also be watching SW fan films and/or play board games and may even try another Poker tournament. As always, we'll be swapping and selling SW swag and figures to each other, so bring any extras and your checkbook with you.

Respond if you're coming, as I'll need to know how many to expect. This promises to be the largest meeting at my home so far. Here's a list of who's coming per the poll thread and face-to-face discussions, please post if you're not listed or need to change your status:

Toymaster: Yes
    DVDMaster: Yes (duh!)
    EmperorBlaster: Yes
    Killgies: Yes
    Basill: Yes
    Scruff: Unknown
    Skip1: Unknown
    JediChic07: No
    Obi-TN: No

2. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Hama: Yes

3. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    So they'e not gonna air them all together like last time? What kind of a Marathon is that?

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Well, if Zach can tape all 20 episodes in a row on Friday, we can watch them without the rest of the cartoons in between. That'll give us time to do other things (SW Trivial Pursuit, etc.).

5. Toymaster

Toymaster Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I'll bring all of my bootleg fan films that I bought from the Video Pimp at the last comic show, plus a few other jems, including an hilarious SW sketch season one of Chappelle's Show.

Plus the official NAD Scrapbook will be on display so that we can all reflect back on the last three years!

6. skip1

skip1 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    count me out,
    gotta go to North Carolina friday through monday,
    sorry ill be missing it.

skip

7. TamboFett

TamboFett Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 8, 2003
    No can do this time guys....I need a break from trooping and hanging with the boys...My girlfiend is gonna kill me. Have fun and next month lets bring it up here to Clarksville maybe for one time.

8. GMSepiroth

GMSepiroth Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    I am scheduled to work. So I am out unless I can switch a shift but dont count on it.

9. Kir Kanos

Kir Kanos Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 1999
    I have family in town over the weekend and won't be able to attend.

10. RSSchinto

RSSchinto Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2002
    I'll be there...briefly. I have an item to deliver for Basill. Can't stay long because I have out of town company arriving that day.

11. jedichic07

jedichic07 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    I know this is a late suggestion since Zach is already hosting, but it IS Easter weekend, after all, and a few people seem to have family obligations and girlfriend issues this Sat. Any chance we could try backing it up a weekend? Maybe then someone could have made a disc or tape of ALL the clone wars carttons, we could screen them all together at once, and maybe a few more people would be able to attend. I don't think when we looked at that particular Sat that a lot of people realized it was a holiday weekend.

12. EmperorBlaster

EmperorBlaster Jedi Youngling

Feb 17, 2004
    I plan on comming.Could someone e-mail me directions to the meeting place?

Thanks,
    EmperorBlaster

13. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    Directions have been sent to Toymaster who should be sending them out to everyone tonight or tomorrow AM. Paul (Blaster) since you'll be away from work with the holiday I have PM'ed them to you (see the Private Messages link at the top of this page).

The directions sent include my phone numbers so call if you get lost. Hope to see all of you on Saturday at my humble abode.

14. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    I'll probably be there.

15. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    For those of you who need directions, check your e-mail now!

16. obi-TN

obi-TN Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 7, 2003
    I may be coming very late. I haven't burned the DVD yet because I had a couple of problems. For Chapter 19, I had a loose connection and only copied the sound to my computer. For Chapter 20, even though it seemed to start on time and I tape an extra minute at the end, the episode went well beyond 7:06 pm. I'll have to get them from the marathon tonight.

I will also bring the DVD of my cousin that might be used by a Florida TV station to promote SW Weekends at Disney.

17. Dork-Vader

Dork-Vader Star Wars Sketch Card Artist star 4 VIP

May 14, 2003
    Just wanted to wish you all a Happy Anniversary, Good Friday, and Happy Easter!

The SMT is getting together tonight at Rhonda's to watch some TV on her new set and probably play some Cranium.

BTW- I'm heading out the door to drop a few picture CD's from MSC in the mail to the MSC webmaster and some of you.

Enjoy!

18. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    I will be there around 7:00...got a little surprise in store. ;)

19. TK-6873

TK-6873 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 17, 2003
    None for me thanks, I'm driving.

20. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    Thanks to Zach for once again hosting a great Fan Force get-together! Aside from being a 3rd Anniversary Party (complete with pizza and a cake adorned with our logo), last night's event also served as a swap-meet and a mini SW film festival.

21. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Cool, how'd the swap-meet go? We've got one planned for TimmyCon! later this summer.

22. Scruff

May 25, 1999
    There's a South Park joke in there somewhere.

23. Dork-Vader

May 14, 2003
    Trust me- I'm sure there are several!

24. DVDMaster

Jun 25, 2003
    This post will serve as the minutes for our recent monthly meeting:

The April 2004 monthly meeting / NAD 3rd Anniversary Party was held on 4/10/04 at the home of DVDMaster (Zach Nixon). Guests began arriving a little before 6:00 PM (1800 hrs.).

In attendance: DVDMaster (VCR & Host), Hama-Ryu Kinnebi, Basill, Scruff, Toymaster (CR) & Amy, Mr. & Mrs. GMSepiroth, RSSchinto w/husband (Grant) & guest (edited), Obi-TN.

Dinner: Pizza, snack food, anniversary cake

Activities: House tour & SW discussions, SG music videos, Complete Clone Wars marathon, Dave Chappel's Jedi sex scandal skit, fan films, Jay & Silent Bob's trial with George Lucas, picture albums, etc.

A great time was had by all as we celebrated Nashville After Darth's (NAD) 3rd year as an official FF chapter. Toymaster brought a cake that featured our official logo (excellant job, Mike!) and multiple pictures were taken for inclusion in the NAD scrapebook. Thanks goes to Amy for taking the group shots! The centeral activity of this meeting was dinner and the viewing of all 20 chapters of Cartoon Network's CW series. The traditional swapping of SW merchandise for cash or like goods in our standard "Persian bazaar" manner also occurred. RSSchinto was a face (who looks more than just a little like her icon) we haven't seen in quite awhile who showed up with her husband & a friend of theirs, but due to other commitments had to leave before Domino's arrived with the main course. We also started discussing this year's up-coming D*Con and the 2004 official fan club membership kit that only I seemed to receive. No plans were made for May's meeting while also debating attendance at May's Xandu convention here in Nashville. We adjurned around midnight and bid each other a "Happy Easter."

Please advise to any corrections or additions that may be needed.

25. Toymaster

Jan 19, 2002
    RSSchinto was actually in attendance at one of our annual picnics back in '02 and brought a Jango Fett cake that she made and decorated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.