main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April 2011 Recommended Reading List

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Commander-DWH, Apr 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    April 2011 Recommended Reading List

[image=http://www.foreveryoungadult.com/wp-content/upload/2011/03/Dark-Stormy-Snoopy.jpg]

Hello and welcome to this month's Recommended Reading List! We've got a wide range of selections for you to peruse this month, so there should be something in here for everybody. Every story on here is worth a read, though.

Enjoy!

Jedi Trace recommends: The Vader Monologues by BlindMan.

This an old humor fic that was something of a cult classic back in the day. It is a series of scenes from the original trilogy written as internal monologue between Darth Vader and Anakin Skywalker and I think it?s one of the funniest things I?ve ever read. My RL BFF and I read it way back when and still quote lines from it almost ten years later.

Commander-DWH recommends: Blank Slate Waits by oqidaun

One of the many, many stories relating to oqidaun's sprawling saga of the Dakari sector, and one of the few to land in Before, this is a very serious and spooky response to an intensely silly challenge. It features Obi-Wan and an original Jedi character simply called 'Blank Slate' by those around him, and is a truly wonderful look at someone who was utterly destroyed by war, though he kept on living.

mavjade recommends: Under the Little Dome by Trepidation

Sometimes I'm not in the mood to read something long but I still want the range of emotions that a longer story can give you. Under the Little Dome is an adorable one-shot with Luke, Mara, Ben and Artoo that gives quite a few laughs and most importantly leaves you with a wonderful, heart-warming feeling. When I need a pick me up story that makes me smile and feel good, this is one of the stories I go to.

Luna_Nightshade recommends:The Cell by obaona

Back in the day, long before I knew there were boards with actual stories and writers to help feed my Star Wars addiction, I spent a lot of time on the Fanfic Archives. I found this amazing author there, and one thing led to another until I found these boards. (There was a busy reading day!) I blame this story for ultimately inspiring me to write my own stories here. Brief summary: Obi-Wan and Padme are locked in a cell by Anakin/Vader, and left there. This story has amazing descriptions, great characterizations, and a gut-punch of a story line. It is the kind of story you want to share with others after you finish it, so I'll share it here.

Mira_Jade recommends: Austen Adventure by Idrelle_Miocovani

For Doctor Who, going anywhere and meeting anyone is possible. With this story, Idri takes that time honored tradition and runs with it in a most spectacular fashion. When the Eleventh Doctor, Amy, and Rory, travel to Regency era England, they meet none other than Jane Austen - who happens to be suffering from a rather alarming case of writer's block, and a rather tricky problem with a not so local race of aliens. This story is brilliant for its ability to weave together history and science fiction - Jane's voice is fabulous, and her character is richly developed throughout the story. At the s

2. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    Ah, oqidaun.
    I miss her stories.:(

3. RK_Striker_JK_5

RK_Striker_JK_5 Force Ghost star 7

Jul 2, 2003
    Vader Monologues. Absolutely brilliant.

4. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Austen Adventure! :D [face_love] :D

It is indeed brilliant and funny and awesome.

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Well, of course you'd be excited, Mar. I did write it specifically for you, after all. :p

(But I am honoured, Mira, that you would mention it! :* )

6. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
  7. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004

*takes a bow*

It was my pleasure - that was the best story I have had the pleasure of reading in a long time. [face_love]

~MJ @};-

8. Ubersue

Ubersue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 1, 2008
    Ooh, I remember The Cell when I found it on the Archives a few years ago! One of my all-time favourites. :)

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Some great favorites! Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.