main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY April 2013 Book Club Poll: Book's written before Dar was born part two

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Yoda_Jammies, Dec 21, 2012.

?

What to read for April?

Poll closed Jan 21, 2013.
  1. Splinter of the Mind's Eye

100.0%
  2. Lando Adventures

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Let's go to the way back of the EU for April, and that is no fooling! Our two books left in the category are the Lando books, and Splinter of the Minds Eye.

If reading three books sounds daunting, it really isn't. Each book in the Lando trilogy is very short (this was back in the days of the 150 page sci fi paperback). This trilogy contains the books Lando Calrissian and the Mindharp of Sharu, Lando Calrissian and the Flamewind of Oseon and Lando Calrissian and the Starcave of ThonBoka. It is collected in a trade paperback by Dell Ray as: The Lando Calrissian Adventures. I am a huge fan of these.

Splinter of the Minds Eye was the very first EU novel (commissioned by GL himself!). It was written by Alan Dean Foster in 1978-- and thus is also a book written before Jammies was born too!

Thank You, and Vote!

2. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Voted for "Splinter"...have to pay homage to the very first EU novel. There's a pretty good comic adaptation out there as well for anyone that's short of time.

3. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    The comic is good, and cleans up a few of the continuity issues. Hard to imagine anyone back in the day thinking " a new Star Wars movie called Empire Strikes Back? I hope it follows the canon of Splinter" the way I am hoping the new movies will fallow the canon of the EU.

I was tempted to add the Star Wars novelization to this list, where we learn about Luke's dog, but decided not to (only movie novelization that is worth a BC meeting is Sith, in my opinion). If I remember, I will bring it to the BC just for the prologue "Journal of the Whills".

11-11 likes this.
  4. Lord_Zannah

Lord_Zannah Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 4, 2012
    I'm also down for Splinter for the same reason Mika. [face_batting]

5. Yoda_Jammies

Jan 28, 2003
    Splinter it is. :)

6. Commander APPO

Commander APPO Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 19, 2012
    WUUUU WHO!!![face_dancing]
    Can't wait to finish Scoundrels and start Splinter next. Is there a trend Starting here:confused: