April 22nd plans

Discussion in 'Milwaukee, WI' started by TheWampas1138, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi folks. Before Episode I, there's was a day when stores could start selling action figures and toys, and so Toys R Us and some other stores opened their doors at midnight to let people in to buy things. If you ever saw the Ayatolla's funeral, it looked a lot like that. This year it's happening again (although, they already sold preview figures, which is... strange). I know the Toys R Us on 27th was going to open at midnight, and I think the one in Brookfield (at least according to an employee of the 27th St TRU). So midnight on April 22nd (leading into the 23rd), we'll be in line for action figures. I wondered if anyone else had similar plans.

2. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    But of course. However, I'm fairly certain I'll be waiting at the Brookfield one (seeing as it's only a couple blocks from my house and all).
  3. mirrax Jedi Knight

star 1
    I was there 3 years ago when all the figures came out. My daughter and I were actually on our way home from the airport, after attending c1 in denver. We were passing tru at about 11:30, and heck we had been standing in line all weekend, why not another one! It was funny, because they let my daughter grab all the figures she wanted, it was only other adults there. But the next day KMart had all the same figs for a dollar cheaper, so that was a complete waste of time!
  4. TheWampas1138 Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey, don't forget to put your little booties on because it's going to be cold outside tonight. It was 88 last week and we broke records so of course today it will be highs in the low to mid 40s, chance of light rain/snow in the afternoon, and down to the 30s by 9pm. Woo.
  5. Bishop76 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Doesn't that just figure? Anyway, I know you Wampa types are going to be at the 27th St. TRU and Eric (jedihexer) and I will be at Brookfield - is anyone else planning to brave the elements tonight? If so, where at?
  6. Figrin_D_an Jedi Knight

star 1
    Barring any unforseen complications, I should be at the TRU in Brookfield this evening...

I probably won't grab much, a few things for sure... but, it'll give me chance to see just how popular the stuff is going to be.

7. jedihexer Jedi Master

star 2
    People have been in line for th TRU stores in California since 9am our time!

I am going more for the fun of it, and to see people. I know someone will have the toys cheaper by Weds.-they did last time.

I think it is funny, no one has really seen this film yet, but everyone is willing to plunck down cash...AHHHHH the beauty of marketing!!!
  8. TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Knight

star 2
    Unfortunately, I have to be up and alert for a school function tomorrow, so I won't be there, but I'll try to go tomorrow night and get what I can
  9. Mauler_II Jedi Knight

star 3
    I may head out to the brookfield one tonight just to take in the atmosphere.
  10. Outlander_ Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wish I could be there, but I have an early morning ahead of me. To all those going out for the festivities...good luck and happy hunting. MTFBWY
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.