main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Indi, IN April 23rd IK outing

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by toymanIN, Mar 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. toymanIN

toymanIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    As of now it looks as if Toys R Us will not be doing a midnight opening for the AOTC toys. As discussed at tonights Sith meeting, we need to come up with an alternate gameplan. It was pretty unanimous that Wal-Mart would be a pretty good alternative. It was brought up that we should hit three or four of the better area Wal-Marts and contact each other via cell to compare finds. Now here is where all of you come in to play- chime in with the one area Wal-Mart that you seem to have the most luck at. Then we will see how they compare and break ourselves up into teams to hit the top four.

I'll start- I seem to have a lot of luck at WM in Franklin. It always seems to get stuff in and is still out of the busy loop of Indy.

2. YodaOnMyLeg

YodaOnMyLeg Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 10, 2001
    I could take the Noblesville Super Walmart.

3. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    Since I will more than likley be in Cincinatti...I will take the Wal-Mart in Greensburg, Indiana

4. BILYOUMAUL

BILYOUMAUL Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 26, 2001
    I can watch for them down at the Wal-mart on US 31 and Southport since I live near it.

5. whojedi

whojedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 14, 2001
    I'll take the Westfield/Carmel Wal-Mart.

6. toymanIN

toymanIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    I think the Wal-Mart on US 31 in Greenwood is pretty much hated by all collectors. The toy manager there is pretty rude and they hardly ever get anything in. I'm sure they will have the stuff that night but it just doesn't seem right to spend money there after how they have treated myself and fellow collectors over the past few years.

Ron- you may want to check the Cincy local TRU's. They may very well be doing an opening. The final reason I got from Greenwood TRU is that there was not enought payroll to support an opening. But that will be very store specific. I know the Greenwood director is a tightwad when it comes to controlling his store's payroll.

7. Incom4

Incom4 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 4, 2001
    I will check with them.

8. Club_333

Club_333 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 4, 2001
    the walmart in westfield has a bad reputation (garnered before episode one) of trying to perturb collectors. ask me sometime about it...

9. djtom

djtom Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 18, 2001
    no TRU midnight opening?? Well that is just disappointing!!!

I can head down to the Wal Mart in Martinsville.

10. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    I can help Bilyoumaul at the Greenwood Wal-Mart

11. BILYOUMAUL

Oct 26, 2001
    I am still going to keep an eye out for them at the Greenwood Walmart. People talk rude to me all the time. It doesn't hurt my feelings. I have broad shoulders!! I will even watch for them at Target and K&B toys near Southern Plaza. Also, I will check for them at the East Washington Wal-mart. As you wish!

12. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    I can take the Walmart on East Washington!

13. Xizor@TheView

Xizor@TheView TFN Collecting, Former IK President star 3 VIP

Aug 9, 1999
    So NO Indy area TRU stores are opening, that's just sad.

I'm not sure that i want to pour more money into Wal-mart's pockets, but it seems there may be no choice.

sounds like a column coming on.

14. Boba_Binks

Boba_Binks Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 7, 2001
    I can take Plainfield, Greenwood, or Franklin.
    I will decided as time gets nearer. If I can talk to employees and see what the stock situation will be at the stores, I will then decided on what store to go to.
    Most likely the Greenwood or Franklin stores.

15. TK1428

TK1428 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2002
    Heidi and I will Take KOKOMO Walmart and the next day we'll hit Lafayette Walmart and TRU.

Are we going to set up a hub with phone lines to call in?

Should we freak em all out and go in costume?

16. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Woah....looky at all the new pictures *drools*

Anyways, yeah I have some issues with Walmart as well, Xizor. Just bad and stupid things they've done....I don't like pouring money into their pockets either.

Has anyone discussed with the TRU's how much free advertising they'd be getting if they did this?

17. BILYOUMAUL

Oct 26, 2001
    I have read that Entertainment Earth is having a midnight sale on cases but who wants to pay for shipping and wait a week before they get here. Also KandC Collectibles have some EPII figures right now but limited quantities and they are through a third party and they are like $18 each on up. So I guess we have to wait!!!

BOO HOO!!!!!

18. QUEEN-KARENDALA

QUEEN-KARENDALA Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I'm a southsider, but I really cant stand that wal-mart on us 31 in general. I'd be willing to drive anywhere in the city though.

Maybe since Dawn is planning the one one East Washington, the rest of the JediChicks that are going to be out that night can gang up at that one!

And you thought the Jerry Springer show was rough... just try to get in the way of Jedimama and the Queens getting new toys! They will rue the day they came up against the jedi chicks!!!!

[face_devil]

19. BILYOUMAUL

Oct 26, 2001
    I guess I will be the only brave soul to try to overcome the evil at the Walmart on US 31. Who will join the battle? I think Emerald Greene has volunteered and Binks mentioned it. I will use the power of the dark side on them if they don't sell me any EP II toys!

20. Jedimama

Jedimama Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 1999
    Thats a great idea Karen!!! We can take over the store!!!! ;)

21. EMERALD_GREENE

EMERALD_GREENE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 23, 2001
    just a suggestion, but we should organize this at the meeting apr3. write it down who will be where, when. I know I will be free to be at the greenwood walmart from 12 on to whenever needed. the costume idea is kinda cool, too. we will have the attention focused on us & we can hand out business cards. it might not be a bad idea to let the media know about our endevor either (the entire Star Wars experience & all that) we may even get a crew to show up somewhere. didnt someone say bob donaldson is a big SW fan????

22. Shara

Shara Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Well since there really isn't a Walmart all that close to me, I'll just head to the East Washington store with the rest of the Jedi Chicks.

And you thought women were bad shopping at Xmas time. don't mess with the Jedi Chicks on their quest for figures! :D

23. The_bald_ewok

The_bald_ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2001
    I will take the walmart in Brownsburg. I seem to have the most luck there.

24. SkylaFett

SkylaFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 6, 2001
    I am right in between Greenwood and Franklin W-M so I would be up for either. My experience with Greenwood also has been unpleasant. Not to mention they usually don't have $#!+.

25. Naboo Queen

Naboo Queen Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 1999
    They will have no choice but to bow down to the Queens. Especially if Evil Anakin takes over my body that night!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.