main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY April 23rd Total Madness!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Drk Father1, Apr 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drk Father1

Drk Father1 Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    Hey, anyone interested in getting together sometime near midnight on the 22nd to raid the local Walmarts and Miejer's? I'm not sure what all I even want to buy (still kind of jaded over the glut of stuff from Ep I) but I know once I start seeing stuff I'll pick up a few things... :)

I'm even calling in sick the next day so I can cruise the rest of the stores to see what I can find.

By the way, Saturday was great, and I can't wait to get to know you guys better. I think we might actually be able to finally put something good together here in town.

2. sabe-oola

sabe-oola Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 14, 2002
    I agree ! We should definitely get together to meet for the "Toy bonanza" on the 22nd!!! I just hope Im not broke before the convention! Hehe......
    We definitely had a good time last Saturday, and I pray that we all do that on regualr basis, because it is definitely great to sit around talking with fellow Star Wars fanatics and do nothing but that...............
    We are going to start designing some flyers within the next few days, I will post them so that everyone can get a look and see what they think.................

3. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    I'll be in St. Louis on Monday night for WWF "Raw" (yes, I watch wrestling...let the fun-making begin), so I'm really screwed on the midnight run. The show won't be over until 11:30 or so, and I doubt there are any Wal-marts in downtown St. Louis, where I'll be. :) But if I was here, I'd love to go with you guys, because the midnight madness was a lot of fun last time.

I'm hoping it's like with TPM where nothing really sells out overnight, so I can pick up some stuff when I get back on the 23rd.

I had a good time meeting everyone on Saturday, too. We definitely need to keep doing that every so often. It's much easier to be a Star Wars geek when you're not the only one. :)

-John

4. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Cool.

Can't wait to see the fliers!
    I actually have a GOOD FEELING about this.

Sorry you won't be here on the 22nd and 23rd John, but we'll definately all have to get together more often.

Geez, there's so much to do in just a few weeks! Toys, Celebration, MOVIE!!!

I can't help the excitement, its driving me crazy! I love the way Star Wars makes me feel like a little kid again.

5. sabe-oola

Mar 14, 2002
    Lol!! I know EXACTLY what you mean! :D

I am way too excited...I don't know what to do with myself, and I am driving everyone around me absolutely CRAZY...hehe...Its great.

I am actually selling alot of my stuff on Ebay just so I will have enough money for everything (including the movie itself) Sheesh! I'm gonna be so broke........ah! Memories of May '99..............There will never be anymore moments as great as this. :)

6. Unicron

Unicron Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2002
    Well, one more. In May of 2005, I guess. :)

7. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Yes, May 2005, it will be both exciting and depressing. :(

I still hold out hope that Lucas will change his mind and decide to make three more films, or maybe to do a T.V. mini-series or something. Oh well, I hope people like us can keep the excitement alive after that!

And I know what you mean about being broke Mel, I've been saving for over six months and I still worry about how much we'll have. It's worth it though!

By the way, have we heard anything about a line-up? I know somebody (can't remember who) was going to check with Tinseltown...

8. sabe-oola

Mar 14, 2002
    Yes, Tres was supposed to contact me on monday about the line-up info, but never did.....I guess I should email him??...I dunno.........

Brian (my husband) had surgery yesterday, so the fliers will probably be done sometime next week :)

9. Drk Father1

Mar 18, 1999
    Yeah, maybe we should try to e-mail him or something.

Hope Brian's doing well, and don't worry about the fliers until he's feeling better!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.