main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

April 23rd Toy Midnight Update

Discussion in 'Archive: Salt Lake City, UT' started by allenj456, Apr 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. allenj456

allenj456 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2002
    Ok it's looking like Toys R Us is gonna loose alot of buisness...none of them in the Salt Lake area are participating in the Midnight openings of the 22nd/23rd. However, Wal-Mart has a 24hour store in West Jordan , I think, and they said that they will have the toys available for sale at 21:01 so I'll be there with my cart :) Who's with me?!

2. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I may turn up. I am taking the 23rd off of work just for the Ep II toys. I have asked some people at the Murray and West Valley Toys R Us's if they will be having the midnight sale. I always get the same answer, "As of right now, no. But that could change so keep checking back". You would think that they would know by now.

3. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    I can remember if it was TF.N or Rebelscum.com but somebody posted a list of all the TRU's that were participating- I dont know if that was a full list but there were no UT stores on there at all. Im pretty sure Im gonna go with the sure thing at Wal-Mart.. Anyone else game?

4. Marold

Marold Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 17, 2001
    I would love to go, but I can't take time off of work. I'll be taking plenty of time off in May so I have to work somewhat hard in April.

5. CorranHorn242

CorranHorn242 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2002
    yeah Allen I'm with you... what time and where? count me and my friend doc in for sure. just need the address and time and its on! sweeeeet!

6. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    The 24 hour Wal-Mart is at 7671 s 3800 w #282-4066. I called and a very nasty lady huffed out that the toys will not even be on the floor till 12:00. They wont say anythign else about what has been sent or even how much it will cost.

7. CorranHorn242

Mar 18, 2002
    thats fine by me. as long as theyre open and are getting something, its all good.

8. darth_toad

darth_toad Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2002
    Whats about the walmart in Toeele?

9. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    i think its farther that the other than the w jordan one and not sure if its 24-hour

10. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    It is 24 hours and one of my best friends swears by it. Course I-80 is fun to drive at night going 80 in a bug. wait i can't do that anymore. :_|

11. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    Maybe we should get together and eat at dees or something that we can chat a little before we raid the store. It would be nice to meet everyone.

Psst(I still think the tooele idea is good)

There is also the new walmart at the Jordan Landing off bangerter thats brans new?

But N E Ways. I think we need to settle a location by Sunday night. Other wise no one will have a clue whats going on.

We should also update the page with directions too!

TOAD

12. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    OK lets poll it! :)

13. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    I am all up for dees. I love their chef salad with wisconsin cheese soup!

Yeah ya got my vote.

14. CorranHorn242

Mar 18, 2002
    i have to admit im a bit biased on this one... i HATE tooele. but thats just me. So West Jordans got my vote... and dees or something like it would be great. lets finalize the plans and get to it. Rock on!

15. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    yeah we definately need an action plan

I don;t know what restrunts are open in Toeele like Dee's.

16. saberwielder76

saberwielder76 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2001
    I vote for the West Jordan Wal-Mart. I just got back from Wendover today, and really don't want to drive back out that way so soon. And I think that we should meet at a Dee's or something, let us get to know each other and what not. One question though, how big is the toy section at this Wal-Mart? If it is anything like the toy section at the Wal-Mart on 5300 and Redwood Road, the Star Wars section will be incredibly small. Maybe they will decide to make a big section like they did for Episode I.

17. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    yeah, I don;t exactly want to kill for a jango fett figure ya know?

If they dont have alot of space for all of us, (and any others that may be there), I might consider going to tooele on my own. I don;t exactly want to leave you guys but all is fair in love an war.

So maybe we should meet at a central location, and then we can go to the stores that we want and then when we have meeting 4
    we can show what we got and where. It might be easier this way considering the small size of the departments,and 15+ Star Wars Addicts.

PLUS!: If that is the new Wal-Mart is the the one near Jordan Landing, Its Brand New, which quite frankly is a ba thing. Everyone will be there. I went there for the prelease toys less than 24 hours after they put them out, and there was alsmost nothing left on the shelves for the 2 racks of star wars they had.

Just thought I would add that in.

18. Marold

Apr 17, 2001
    Well I can't go to any of them so you guys go and have fun.

19. allenj456

Mar 8, 2002
    i imagine they will be pretty stacked-- usually for things like this they will bring the cases out on the floor on carts orsomething and the line will file through them. Course if you cant get what u want you still have plenty of time that night to get to your local TRU for their 7-9am opening

20. darth_toad

Jan 19, 2002
    Just to let you all know, I bought a Star Wars Epic Dues Borad Game From MB from the k-mart on 5600 west 3500 South. Its kewl it comes with 31 painted figures.

I would suggest picking one up, I am going to play it tonight hopefully if I get finished in my house.

TOAD

21. FiveHorizons

FiveHorizons Jedi Master star 3

Mar 19, 2002

On my way...

BTW, I'm new, just found this FanForce, so hi all. I live in West Jordan, plan on going to the JL Wal Mart...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.