ON April 28th.. NEED CONFIRMATION......

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Uilmuteiz, Apr 16, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Hey guys, I need a confirmation of the event and some locations, as well as details.

here is what I need

When do we get together??
    Where do we meet??
    At what restaurant are we eating??
    at what cinema are we going??
    What Movie are we going to see??
    When does the movie start??
    What do we do afterward??

Let's go people, if we want fans, we'll need to advertise this event.
  2. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I am there, I am avaliable the whole day :)

and anywhere is good for me.
  3. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Well ALien Acid, I need you to do these things for me.

since your almost the only "local" lifeform I had contact with.. ;)

could you at least tell me a cinema name and a restaurant.
  4. JediWarrior Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    WhooHoo! I registered before AA :p (Don't mind me, I'm logging in for the first time in a week, and just saw that feature :D ) I'm almost guarenteed to be there, see you later!
  5. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    It's looking almost certain I'll be there, but I'm not local so I can't really suggest locations. Also, DarthCleo, when will you be arriving? The meeting time will depend a little on her I think.

I'll point Krax and TD741 this way again, perhaps they can be more help in fixing details than I.

(A brief note though: you don't really have to set a theater, movie, etc in stone, or even where to eat... just a location to meet to start, and the promise of dinner and a movie. Sometimes it works best to decide once everyone is in one room anyway -- helps since you know what people like and what's playing when at that time)
  6. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    oi, like rideau center, or the hill.
  7. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Thanks for the help the grande poobah. so maybe some inside place might be better.

you mentionned the rideau center AA, can you get me a spot that everyone can find there??.

thanks.
  8. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Parlament hill! :D
    thats like easiest thing to find.

near the eternal flame hows that for a good spot?

nice to look at 2
  9. OttawaSith Jedi Knight

star 1
    Greetings dudes....

What ever is decided I'll be there with bells on!!!

hehe

-OttawaSith
  10. krax_13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Alright, as a veteran liner from Toronto who has been living in Ottawa for the past year, I'll put the proverbial boot down(TM) :)

There are really only two practical locations. Either see the movie at the Rideau centre, or at South Keys.

Rideau is better becuase its downtown and close to many interesting places (at least compared to South Keys)

The problem is that the theatre only has three screens so it may not be playing exactly what we want to see.

So the Plan(TM) is to meet on parliament hill by the flame, at 4:00 pm on Saturday April 28th. To distinguish ourselves from the tourists, we'll meet around the Ontario section of flame (each side of the flame thing has a province)

From there we will decide what movie we will see (the best of the three playing at the Rideau center)

The movie time will be a 7 or 8 O'clock show, and we will be eating somewhere before then. (to be determined on site)

After the movie we will head to a tim's and/or a bar.

-Joseph
  11. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Okay, well, My pic was on the net, I will upload it again, so you know at least what one person looks like.

//sithin geocities
  12. OttawaSith Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds good here.....4pm at the flame!!!!
  13. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Yup good :D

Um , ya we need more input on this, wasent cleo coming down early?
  14. TheGrandePoobah Jedi Master

star 4
    Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The Flame is a half-decent place to meet, very easy to find, but also packed with tourists. It's a good place to meet, but I'd suggest that we not meet right next to it... off to one side where our growing group can talk about Star Wars or whatever without disturbing the tourists and not get in peoples' family pictures and so fourth. So off to the Ontario side of the flame, I suppose.

As for time... we should leave that *aside* at least until we hear from Cleo. (I'll private message her to make sure she pops by this thread soon)

*aside* krax_13, like I told you on ICQ hold off on putting the foot down on all the details.

One useful thing... do any of the Ottawa locals have cell phones? (besides you krax, yours is a Toronto number so it doesn't count). If anyone can't find us it would be great if we had a number they can call. If not, I'll give out my cell number privately... but it is a long distance call from Ottawa.
  15. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I can aquire one.

Must check tommorow though.

16. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Ok, so I'll post the news like that:

Ottawa FanForce Reunion.

On april 28th by the eternal flame ontario side, ottawa fans are invited to join us for the first official Fanforce event of the national capital.

Time: around 4:00 o'clock
    Where: Eternal Flame Ontario side
    To do what??: We will move from the flamme sometime around 4:30 to decide on the movie to see, then grab a bite somewhere, and enjoy the rest of the evening.

is it potentialy good or does anyone has a better Idea??
  17. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Um, nope sounds good.

We can roast marshmellows while we wait :D
  18. krax_13 Jedi Knight

star 1
    David gets a Boot To The Head(tm) for questioning the Official Plan(tm). :)

About DarthCleo, I beleive she said she won't be able to make the dinner or movie, and can only meet up with us during the afternoon. Hopefully 4 won't be too late, but if it is, maybe some of us can go down a little earlier. At this point we just need to wait for some input from Darthcleo.

-Joseph
  19. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    ya, I am free all day, so like anytime after 10am :)

20. Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus

star 4
    As I tought Darth Cleo was raterly busy.

So after discussing the matter with her, we taught it might be better to meet sometime around 1:30. it will give us more time to fool around, and we could even maybe go to an early showing and profit of the night.. :D
  21. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    1:30 is cool.

what do you mean by fool around? ;)

22. darthcleo Administrator Emeritus

star 4
    raterly busy? :)

Gang, I just bought a new house.. yesterday. ARGH.....

yes, 1:30 would be fine. Not too sure what we can do, but hubby wants to bring my son to some technology museum.. maybe we should invade? [face_devil]
  23. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  24. OttawaSith Jedi Knight

star 1
    Greetings dudes,

We should all try and where something that says we are SW fans....a pin of hat or anything to let each other know who they are.....

-OttawaSith
  25. AlienAcid Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Heh, I will send you all my pic, so you can at least tell who I am,

as for sw hats and pin's, i have none.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.