St. Lou, MO April 2nd StLFF group shopping day

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    On April second Christian, Amy, Christina, and I are going SW toy and book shopping. Everything's supposed to be released that day so we want to buy it all. We're thinking of at least starting in Fairview and going from there. There will be much SW discussion and lunching invloved.

Anyone else interested?
  2. VoijaRisa Jedi Master

star 5
    I'll have to see if I can get back and come with you. If for no other reason than just for the fun of it.
  3. DarthShoey Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Now this sounds like fun. But I don't know if I'll have to work or not. Tenatively count me in. If I do work, perhaps you can swing by work and hijack me for lunch.

I'll try my best to stay off that day.
  4. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    And you can swing by my house and hijack ME!!! :D We'll see.
  5. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    Hey Dajaun, what do you think of making this the April meeting? There seems to be a great interest in attending...
  6. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I think that's a good idea. Since we have C3 at the end of the month this will be a nice easy meeting. I was going to say cheap, but I seriously doubt it will be for me.
  7. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    One thing this will not be for me is cheap. I have quite the haul planned, it'll be a big cash loss day. :p
  8. -E- Jedi Master

star 3
    Toys, ha!
    Time to buy stock in Lucasfilm Liscensing.
  9. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds awesome.

If anyone is up to the challenge of pitching in for me to buy Star Wars stuff, anything is appreciated.

;) JK.

I would like to go even if I don't have money to spend. If anything, I want to buy the ROTS novelization. And the script. Then, I will have someone hide them in my house so I can't find them until after the movie comes out. :)
  10. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Buying stuff is not a requirement for toy day. Just hang out. You could always hide the books with me, and I would give them back after I've read them. :D
  11. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    I can hide them as well, Dajuan and I are crazy spoiled for ROTS.
  12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master

star 4
    I've spoiled myself on a few things, mostly pictures tell words, you know... ;) But spoilers are like drugs. The more you see the more you want to see. No actual script for me though...
    **looks at Opening Crawl for ROTS on the OS.**
  13. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    Ok, so I have:

Myself
    Dajuan
    Amy
    Christine

as confirmed for going. The following are unconfirmed:

Jon
    Ken
    Scott (Claire as well?)
    Tim

I've tentatively set 9:00 in the morning as the meeting time at Amy's house. It might be later, but I think 9 is plenty late enough as it is. I've got Target, Toys R' Us, the mall here, and Borders as stores we're going to hit, but one question remains: Where are we going to eat?!?

Bear in mind, this is all very open to change at this point, as it's two months away. I just like to get things like this taken care of early. I welcome any suggestions.
  14. Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I say we eat where ever we end up when it's lunch time. Gives us more freedom to linger in stores. (Nice planning BTW, I'm proud ;) )
  15. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't see that far into the future Chris, I have no idea if I'm going to go or not. I would like to though.
  16. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    Thus why I put you as unconfirmed Scott.
  17. yodaismygod Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Hmmm, put me down as a deffinate maybe. I would like to, but as of right now I'm kinda like Scott in some respects. Sounds like fun, but I don't know if I will have any money to make it worthwhile, that and it would seem as though spoilers would be running rampant.
  18. MiracleMets22 Jedi Youngling

star 1
    I can't turn this one down, lol....count me in!
  19. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    Alright John, will do. I know it's really early, I just wanted to get a framework in my head since I was put in charge of this one. Scary thought, no? ;)
  20. jedi_runya Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I would guarantee the spoilers will be everywhere... :) and if you are trying to stay spoiler-free this may not be a good idea... :( although we want you to join us!
  21. yodaismygod Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Well, the reason I am thinking it might be an option is because by that point I don't know how spoiler free I will be. I am not even going to try to avoid seeing comercials and whatnot. I figure anything to do with characters I'll know before I see it, so seeing the figs won't really be a problem.
  22. chiss_man Jedi Master

star 6
    Oh yeah, I think we'll get a big discussion going that day on spoilers.
  23. KOB Jedi Youngling

star 4
    If someone gives me a ride, I'm a definite....
  24. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master

star 4
    Merchandise spoilers, they're not the MAJOR spoilers, like reading the script before you see the movie. Now that's a spoiler.
  25. Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey Scott I think Christian is right, so don't argue with him, ok?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.