main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO April 2nd StLFF group shopping day

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    The script is included with the Art of Revenge of the Sith book. Also, the novel will have the script, and more... ;)

2. Dinogallus

Dinogallus Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 27, 2003
    I'm looking to get the Anakin's Jedi Starfighter Lego set, but they're sold out at Target. I did get the Special Edition TIE Fighter set. It came with a Vader Mini Fig, and if you push on his helmet, his saber lights up. It's cool, but it's no Prototype TIE Fighter. The Target in Florissant on Lindbergh, mind you.

In regards to April 2nd, if you stop by the Mills, you'll probably see me. Also, when is the soundtrack coming out? I know it's not April 2nd, but I forgot the day.

3. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    I'm hoping to grab all the figures and vehicles intially released.

Maybe not the deluxe figures, I haven't been to hot on the "flipping" jedi figures form Episode two. I don't know, I might pick them up as well, who knows.

4. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I'm going to get every 3.75" figure I see that day, if I don't pre-order them too. I might just pre-order a bunch and just help everyone else find their figures. Christian and I scouted out some stores in Bellville/Fairview. I think we're going to be good store wise, there seems to be a lot. Maybe he and I will make a better list closer to the date. :D

5. Dinogallus

Jun 27, 2003
    Umm, Soundtrack?

I'll probably get some figures, but I bet most of my purchases will be LEGOs. I love building models, especially when I can take them apart and put them back together. I've already constructed the TIE six times, and I recently got Anakin's Jedi Starfighter. Happy!

6. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I kinda grew out of Legos a while back... That, and they are WAY too expensive for plastic bricks. But the sets do look cool.

7. Dinogallus

Jun 27, 2003
    Sorry, mus've missed the posts about the soundtrack earlier.

I agree, the LEGOs are kinda expensive, but it's nothing compared to Games Workshop miniature prices, and I have over 200 of their LOTR minis.

(Those who traverse the Mills know about the GW store, I'm sure)

8. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Well, they are expensive, I buy what little Warhammer I can afford at the fantasy shop in St. Charles. For a single they usually run about $3 cheaper, boxes about $5-10 depending on what it is.

9. Dinogallus

Jun 27, 2003
    I have a Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine army that I paint to look like Clonetroopers, with some color markings to differentiate what kind of troop they are. They are a little different, because I don't like copying completely.

10. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    We have to add 7 to 11 on to the list of places to stop...

The Slurpee rainbow will soon include a dark side.

Dallas-based 7-Eleven Inc. will debut in late April its first black Slurpee -- a tribute to the movie villain Darth Vader that's tied to the May premiere of Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith.

Jedi and Slurpee fans alike will be able to slurp the pitch-black, icy concoction, called Darth Dew, from a standard-size cup or from one fitted with a black, shiny Darth Vader head. Yoda collector mugs also will be available.

11. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Sounds cool. Wonder what the flavor will be..

12. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Well, this semester I have stopped at 7-11 every morning to buy a soda and a donut, they know me now. So tommorow I'll try and remember to ask if they can tell me anything about it, or maybe sell me a few of the cups early.

13. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Oh that would be great! Funny how we were just talking about it... :)

14. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    Does April 2nd really count as "late April"? :p

15. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Semantics, Ken...

16. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    Scott, I found this, (you may have already seen it):

Del Rey will be adding more books to their releases on April 2nd, but these two new publications won't require any additional shelf-space. Star Wars: Episode III Revenge of the Sith Illustrated Screenplay and The Making of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith -- The Final Chapter will be released in eBook format on April 2nd.
    The eBook screenplay will be available in all major formats, including Microsoft Reader, eReader Pro (formerly Palm eReader), Adobe Reader and Mobipocket. Illustrated with concept and production art, this eBook features the full screenplay of the film by writer / director George Lucas. It will be specially priced at $4.99 starting April 2nd through May 19th, after which the price will go up to $7.99.

As a special bonus, the Illustrated Screenplay comes with a free digital copy of The Making of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith -- The Final Chapter. This eBook is literally the epilogue of the physical publication, The Making of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith by J.W. Rinzler. Publishing lead-times means that some of the late-breaking developments of the production of Episode III couldn't make their way into the book, making the eBook the perfect place for the The Final Chapter.

In addition to being bundled with the screenplay, the The Making of Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith -- The Final Chapter eBook will be available for free download on Moviefone/AOL, starwars.com and ReadStarWars.com.

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    What?? E-book format? That's crap! He printed every other screenplay! Why couldn't he have just printed it with the ROTS Art book like AotC? Argh. Makes me mad. :mad:

18. jedi_runya

Jan 4, 2005
    I am sorry Scott; it makes me mad too, because there is no way to print them as far as I know.

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    That's a load of crap I concur. I don't do ebooks often. Takes to long to read and they can't go on the shelf. :mad:

20. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    I mean, even if I do print it up like I did with one of the NJO e-books, Yelisa (sp?), I'll be reading about the beginning of the Jedi purge while a tree purge is resulting from me printing out the pages. It's a waste! This could have been solved easily, and Lucas could have made more money for his Ferarri foundation.

I swear, sometimes Lucas just loses his head.

21. DarthShoey

DarthShoey Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 28, 2003
    What do they make the regular books out of?

eh? eh? :)

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, yeah! What difference does it make? It just means I'll have to buy the paper, along with the e-book. It's just too much trouble for a script!

Ah well, guess I'll get the novel like I was going to and just be content with that. ;)

23. Dinogallus

Jun 27, 2003
    In reference to the e-books, think Lucas is just saying, "I got a computer now! Look what I can do!"

No offense to the bg guy or anything. (That also goes with the Special Editions and CG Yoda, if I may go a little off topic. Don't follow my lead. Return to conversing about merchandise.)

24. Dinogallus

Jun 27, 2003
    In the words of Anakin: "Yippee!"
    I finally have all the preview figs! Also, I think I'm going to midnight madness at Wal-Mart or Toys 'r' Us

25. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    So I was a-thinkin' we'd all meet up at Amy's place at 9:00 in the morning, then head out once all were accounted for. Everything is negotiable of course, this is just the guideline I had made with Dajuan and Amy. I hope y'all can come, it promises to be a good time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.