main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO April 2nd StLFF group shopping day

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Jan 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dagobah_Diva

Dagobah_Diva Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2002
    How old are your kids? I sometimes end up taking mine with me to the meetings. I still don't know if I've got a sitter for that day...

2. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    16, 15, and 14.... oh... you didn't mean me... :p

3. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    Amazing, Ken, started quite young then, did ya? LOL

4. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    15 isn't young.... is it?

5. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Finally got to an internet connection, still in the Chicago area till tomorrow, anyway, picked up the wookie super soaker while I was here, that thing is sweet, only issue is the small water tank, working on that, though.

6. titania7

titania7 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 28, 2005
    Is anyone planning on hitting the midnight maddness sales that night? My husband and I will be at the Toys R Us on Lindbergh in South County Friday night/Saturday morning to blow his paycheck! lol!

If anyone from the group is going, we'd love to meet you there! We'd really like to meet some people from the area before we head to CIII.

7. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    My husband and I will be at the Toys R Us on Lindbergh in South County Friday night/Saturday morning to blow his paycheck! lol!

I am thinking of hitting the one in Kirkwood. I am not sure, is there one further down? We are all going shopping on Saturday. Would you both be interested in joining us?

8. titania7

Mar 28, 2005
    I'd love to meet you all that morning, but we've already arranged baby sitters for our 2 year old that night and I can't see getting the whole weekend away, especially with CIII in just a couple of weeks.

As far as farther down, the Toys R Us that we're going to is the one by South County mall at Lindbergh and 55. I don't think that there's a TRU any further south then that. I know that they're having a ton of stuff from midnight to 2 a.m. I don't know if they're going to have the book, though. I want to get it, but my dh isn't interested in reading it until after he sees the movie.

9. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    I'm not going to make it Saturday.

10. Dagobah_Diva

Sep 24, 2002
    You'd better have a good excuse Ken. :)

If anyone need directions let me know and I'll PM you. Also, the Final Four are in town this weekend and there may be alot of traffic in the Poplar Street Bridge area. If you want an alternate route let me know.

11. jedi_runya

jedi_runya Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 4, 2005
    I need directions and an alternate route would be great, but then who else is going to be up at 8?

12. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
    Ken, it's just not gonna be a meeting without your randomness to spice things up! :(

I got two new lightsabers, so I don't have to buy as much come April 2nd. :D IT's a new blue Anakin one and a Darth Vader one.

13. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Ken, it's just not gonna be a meeting without your randomness to spice things up!

Awwwww. I think you guys will survive. :p

14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Hey all, I just got this AWESOME 5x7 postcard in the mail that's all shiny and stuff and has Anakin fighting Obi-Wan on the front with fire and such. It's from Target, reminder that Star Wars stuff comes out April 2nd, as we all know. I also got a coupon from Target that is $1 off every Star Wars action figure purchaced.

I might be looking for a Vader figure, but since I don't buy action figures, well... ;)

15. tina_als_girl

tina_als_girl Jedi Master

Sep 21, 2004
    Yeah, I got that in the mail yesterday (or rather, my mom did, but I'm the only Star Wars freak in the household, so she let me have it).

At first I thought it might be a giant sticker, but couldn't figure out how to pull it off. My sister suggested it might be meant as a mousepad.

No matter what, it is COOL! I've got it sitting up on my dresser right now, shining away.

I don't have any money to spare for the figures... which is too bad, 'cause I'd love to get more Padme figures.

I'm on the other side of the state, in Independence, so I wouldn't be able to join the group shopping day anyway.

Joy

16. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Apparently the Star Wars Trivial Pursuit game that comes out on April 2nd has new ROTS footage (blacked out for ROTS SPOILERS):

1.Anakin, Obi and Dooku duel (new footage)
    2.Anakin piloting the burnung Seperatist cruiser
    3.Chancellor Palpatine telling Anakin to leave Obi-Wan behind on the Seperatist cruiser
    4.anakin waking up from his dream and telling padme it was about her
    5.Obi and Anakin talking in the jedi temple. Obi warns anakin not to trust Palpatine. he also says "Master Vos has moved his troops to Bos Pity".
    6.Mace and posse going to arrest palpatine.
    Obi Anakin and Palpatine captured abord Seperatist cruiser by General Greivous. r2 flips out and Obi grabs his lightsaber with the force from Greivous' belt.
    7.R2-D2 shocking a super battle droid.

Bad news though is I hear it's near like $50. :(

17. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
    Agh, I'm upset.

The WalMart I shop at, which is in Hannibal, isn't on the list of for the Star Wars weekend thing. Yet, by the doors are signs that say "celebrate star wars here April 2nd and 3rd!" Grrr. What the heck.

18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    WalMart is dark side. ;)

19. titania7

Mar 28, 2005
    Oooohhh! I'm so jealous of everyone who got the Target mailer! I heard about it this morning on LiveJournal!

I even had Darth wake me up on Black Friday and they can't send me a post card!?!?! lol!!!

20. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    titania7, head here and introduce yourself.

21. SteelLepp

SteelLepp Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 1, 1998
    Joe, I hear ya, I am in Quincy and the WalMart here was on one list but not on another. And the people in the stores had no clue when I asked them about it. (although the shelves are set up with a sign saying Ep 3 will be available at 12:01)

22. KOB

Aug 22, 2004
    Even though I won't be there, I thought I'd help... :p

checklist

23. Jango11

Jango11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2004
    How did everyone do?

24. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I got all the 3.75" figures that are out, all the unleashed, and most of the odds and ends I wanted. It was such a great time. We acted like fools, got 2 hours sleep, and "shot" eachother from the cars. Success!!!

This was honestly the best 24 hours I've spent in a long time.

25. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    It was a really good time today, I love you peeps. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.