main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL April 4th Shuttle Launch

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Thumper09, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Gita

Lord_Gita Former TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 5, 2000
    See you at your place Katie!

2. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Sorry, everyone, just got word that the launch today (April 4th) is scrubbed. They'll announce a new launch day/time this afternoon.

-Katie
    Thumper

3. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Actually I'm ummmmmmmmm..........well......sorta afraid of boats.

Thanks Buzz for the compliment. I actually took about 20 minutes to figure out how to write that. The guy who works in the computer lab aked what I was doing that took so long. Hehe.

Sandy, my family and I went on a helicopter tripand got about 65 minutes worth of footageof mountains, rainforests, ocean, beaches and whales. Not that the whales would be of any use. lol.

I haven't een how good it i yet. But it was taken by a camea on the helicoer, not my dad o me. If I took it, it would be well bad. lol.

Maybe I'll be ble to make the next shuttle launch. At least I won't have to worry about the spirit cough:buzz:cough.

:D

Well I gotta go to the pool get a tan and then go to a teen activity.

Aloha

4. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Latest dirt:
    Launch will be no earlier than Sunday (April 7) somewhere between 2pm and 6pm. More will come as I learn it.

-Katie
    Thumper

5. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Hey everyone! The KSC site says the next try is Apr 7th from 2-6 pm.

6. SeaTrooper

SeaTrooper Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 21, 2001
    Always the over acheiver.... I think I put a little to much umph into the Sith Wedgie and got the launch punted to Sunday... whoops!!!

Oh.... I am really sorry that it didn't go up....

ya know........ hanging out by the pool and then doing middle aged guy things sound like a plan to me.....

Luv Buzz

7. Mayo_Solo

Mayo_Solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    I don't think I can make it.

I'll try and ask my parents. Although I know what my mom will say.

"Amanda you need sleep. And sleeping on the floor and on a bench in the airport on Friday night doesn't cut it."

I wanna see the shuttle. That would be so cool considering my vision problem makes it almost impossible for me to do so where I live. Sometimes my sister will catch it in time to attempt to show me. lol.

Over achiever eh Buzz? hehe

Thanks for letting us know Katie.

Mandy.
    Try and never get jetlag. It's a bad thing.

8. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Launch is now set for tomorrow (Monday, April 8) between 2 and 6pm. They should release the exact time this afternoon.

Anyone who wants to come is still more than welcome to (it's public viewing, after all), but the odds are extremely slim (sorry, that should be "slim...to the extreme!") that I'll be at the viewing site. I have class immediately after work, and while I have skipped class to see launches before (shhhh.....) I have pesky finals coming up in two weeks which means I can't tomorrow.

So anyway, come if you want, just don't look for the X-wing hat or Rebel pilot.

More to come (as always).
    Everyone set their clocks ahead?

-Katie
    Thumper

9. LordGoldenArrow

LordGoldenArrow Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 13, 2002
    Alright. With the shuttle going up at 430 I won't be able to make it! Catch yu'all next time.

Art

10. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    Monday, April 8, 4:39pm.

Sorry, people, I can't make it then. I'll see you all on Saturday at the meeting though.

-Katie
    Thumper

11. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    A word of warning: Check the local news before you drive over there. Right now they are predicting a 40% chance of cancellation due to winds. In Viera Channel 13 has the 24-hour, continuous update. I'm not sure what the channels are in other areas. Skilled channel surfers should be able to find them without many problems.

Sandy

12. Thumper09

Dec 9, 2001
    So out of curiosity, did anyone make it over for the launch today? It was just gorgeous, and loud too. Loud ones are the best. :)

-Katie
    Thumper

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.