main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bing, NY April 5th Timothy Zahn

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Karate-Jedi, Mar 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    Ok this is in Rochester. Sign up here and we will work this with the Rochester group.

2. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Ad'Carud and Kal Falco are going ;)

3. blairjc224

blairjc224 Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2007
    I'll go. Just need some details, have never been to one of these before.
    [face_alien_1]

4. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    Timothy Zahn will be just one of many authors at Rochester's Teen Book Festival taking place on Saturday April 5th from 10am-5pm.
    Here's the event's website: http://www.teenbookfestival.org

Garrison Excelsior was tapped to appear thanks to a previous visit to the library out there. The 501st then asked the festival if they would like a SW author to appear so that it would make more sense to have SW characters there. :p

So there are at least 3 ways you can help out:

1) Attend the Book Festival like a "normal" patron and get your books signed.
    2) Contact Garrison Excelsior's event coordinator (that would be my alter ego) to appear in costume.
    3) Contact Garrison Excelsior's event coordinator to help squire (i.e. be a helper/handler/wrangler/man the table/photographer etc).

After the event, we are making plans for a group dinner (with an invite extended to Mr. Zahn) so keep that in mind. ;)

~Doc_Bev

5. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    so is this a FF event or a 501st event?

If this is a 501st even you should keep the sign ups /advertising limited to the 501st forums.

6. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    This event is open to the public, anyone is welcome to come and get their books signed by Mr. Zahn or the other authors in attendance. They could even come in costume if they wished.

In regards to the organized costumed appearance, CORE has been invited to the event and it seemed only logical for them to have a thread discussing their participation on their own forums.

~Doc_Bev

7. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    We at CORE are thankfull for the invite and as always we will try to help out as much as we can. This was first posted as an event for us to attend wether in costume or not. But most of us will attend in costume.

8. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    Does it cost money to have Zahn sign your books? I have some Hard covers I may drive out to Bob tonight if he can get them signed. =P~

9. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    No, it doesn't cost anything to get books signed.
    I think that's one of those unwritten rules: writers autograph for free, but actors can charge a fortune. :p

~Doc_Bev

10. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    Thanks so much to the Mando father-son team for trooping all day long at the Teen Book Festival.
    I know we all had a really great time at the event and I hope you guys did too.
    I'll be working on getting pictures uploaded today.

~Doc_Bev

11. TreborGahKor

TreborGahKor Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 14, 2005
    Thank you, we had fun too. It was a blast and it was a pleasure as always. Post a link when all the pics are up, I would love to see them! :)

12. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    They are uploaded
    http://www.garrisonexcelsior.com/forum/gallery2.php?g2_itemId=45839
    I'm still trying to tweak them and add some labels.

~Doc_Bev

13. RogueSquadronWingnut

RogueSquadronWingnut Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2002
    Great to see you there Bob and I'm sorry I missed seeing Charles in the morning.
    Thanks to a great effort, we were able to raise 200 dollars for charity that day.
    A great example of working as a team for the greater good.

14. Doc_Bev

Jun 28, 2003
    [face_blush] Oops that's right!
    Thanks to jackboot for playing hooky and joining us for the opening ceremony!
    And extend our thanks to Mary for watching the table so we could all head over to the auditorium.

~Doc_Bev

15. celine

celine Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2007
    Sounds fun guys! Wish I had been there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.