Provo April activity ~Fri., Apr. 13, 6:15 pm, BYU Campus~

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by MiaTieska, Mar 28, 2007.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey everyone, while looking for activity ideas I stumbled across the BYU Planetarium's site and this show: The Astronomy of Harry Potter. There are two shows that night, so if one was full we could probably get into the other.

Hehe, I like this part: "Costumes optional, but welcome. Recommended for muggles of all ages who are not afraid of the dark."

Edit:
    Quick Rundown:
    Date: Friday, April 13
    Time: 6:15 pm
    Place: Meeting at the Wilkinson Center at BYU to walk to the Eyring Science Center.
    What: The planetarium show at 7 pm!
    What do I need?: $2, no food or drink, a costume if you'd like, and be ready to have a good time!

Details:
    We'll be meeting at 6:15 pm at the Wilkinson Center (we now all know where that is, right?) to walk to the Eyring Science Center (for those not familiar with BYU campus). "The shows start promptly at 7 and 8 PM. Tickets are $2 and will be on sale at the door from 6:30 to 7 PM and again from 7:50 to 8 PM."

We're aiming for the first show at 7 pm. I have no idea how popular these Friday night shows are, especially a Harry Potter-themed one, and I have no idea how many seats there are, so I want to be sure we get there at 6:30 to get tickets and seats.

FYI, if you'd like to meet us at the ESC: The Planetarium is located in room 465 on the 4th floor of the Eyring Science Center.

Hope to see you there!

-Mia
  2. Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus

star 5
    *waves hands around* Me! Me! Me!
  3. Noelie Jedi Master

star 4
    It sounds great actually, and for this Marlei might even come!
  4. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Knight

star 1
    Sounds pretty intersting! I'll try and fit it into my finals study schedule, and ask Rosi about it.
  5. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Perfect time` for me to test run my Bellatrix costume! I'm all up for this!
  6. Noelie Jedi Master

star 4
    Not only is Marlei coming with me, but so is her friend Katherine. She is excited, because she didn't even know BYU had a planetarium. Marlei was lucky enough to go with a school class a few years ago.

7. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Sweet! Glad people like the idea! And the more the merrier!

I'll post with more details tomorrow. :)

-Mia
  8. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    See? It's tomorrow, and I'm updating. ;)

First post is updated, as well as the thread title! Yay! Look! Read! Rejoice!

Again, you can meet us at the Wilk if you don't know your way around campus, or feel free to meet us at 6:30 at the ESC.

-Mia
  9. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    Despite my lack of activity on the boards, I was stoaked to get the email from the Yahoo group and would totally come to this! One question, where in the Wilk are we meeting? it is a rather large building.....
  10. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yes, good question! We are meeting at the canopy/drive-through on the first floor.

-Mia
  11. Obi_Kenobi_Devotee Jedi Knight

star 1
    I'm super bummed that I'm not going to be able to make it. I hate finals. *Sigh* Can't wait for the summer.
  12. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    ok, my schedule's kinda funky tonight, so I might not make it. If I do, I'll just be meeting you all at the ESC, k?

Happy Friday!
  13. MiaTieska Jedi Master

star 4
    :( Sorry you can't make it, Obi Kenobi!

Hope you see you there, Eowyn!

-Mia
  14. Noelie Jedi Master

star 4
    so. It was really fun, and it was good to see everyone, and what a nice way to keep busy for an evening!

Of course now I am full of chocolate cake!
  15. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL, someone else who succumbed to the Dark Side. Great to see all those who came!
  16. Eowyn_Jade Force Ghost

star 4
    I actually was there, but realized I didn't know what any of you looked like! I thought that I saw Ish, who I have met before, but I was too unsure to actually go up and say hi, but I was there! I really liked it, despite how many kids were there, they actualy made it quite funny :p And the different stories she told were pretty cool too. Maybe I'll have to get into Astronomy (as opposed to Astrology ;)
  17. _JediKnight_ Jedi Master

star 2
    It has been a while since I have checked the boards. I saw this one to late. But I wouldnt have been able to go anyway because I was gone for a class (it was a final type thing for the class).
    Anyway I would have had this same problem If I had been able to go:
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby